Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Weekend progress report on my ''A''

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60'shotrod, Jul 5, 2009.

1. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I thought it was about time I up-dated you on the progress of my ''A'' Coupe.I don't work as fast as some, so a little goes a long way or so they say:)Since I posted last I've redone the underside/siderails on the body, I had issues with clearence, there wasn't enough!The body and frame rubbed on each other, they may have liked this, but I didn't!:DNow I have acres of clearance, well a bit more anyway!
    I've messed wih the door gaps, not perfect, but not too bad!I fitted correct hinge parts on the body and THANKS to dudley32 for sending me some so I could make a full set!:)I will get him that Jag or Big Healey hes' after oneday!!!;)Also fixed the over priced and more fuckin' rotten than I thought decklid!Too tight to buy a new skin I just made some thing up to do the job, looks O.K. it'll look a lot better with some filler on it. I'm using a modified Ford Sierra tailgate latch, had to make it work by pull cable. I used a fire extinguisher pull cable I got from work, should have that buttoned up this week, when its' finshed kicking my Ass!:D
    I've tried working with this new type of metal this weekend, I believe its called wood! Never heard of it before and it don't weld well!!!:D Don't seem to be able to strike an arc on it!
    Nice new roof wood kit from Zipford, fits a treat, just don't tell my wife as I'm NO good with flat pack furniture!;)The CHOP is looming its' lovely head and I've deciced to enlist from professional help Zipford again!Thats about it for now, its' all down to the timeing of the chop as to when I take the body off the frame and start to finish weld that and rebuild the brakes e.t.c. Oh and I've decided(with some butt kicking by others:D) I'd lost sight some what of my original goal to build a simple, black Hot Rod. So no more ideas of fancy paint jobs, more of a late '50's style which is what I was going for when I planned this Damn build in the first place:)So THANKS for listening, hope it wasn't TOOO boring!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  2. mr.smith

mr.smith

cant wait to see after the chop, looks great so far, the wood does looks cool in the roof like that nd it fits like a glove too

3. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Is zipford a member or a company? Just curious about getting a top wood kit for my 28 coupe. Did a search and came up with nothing
    Justin

4. flatford39

flatford39

You have an excellent stance there. I would not chop it. Dare to be different.

5. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Zipford is a member, but is also a friend of mine and Hot Rod parts supplier.
    You should be able to get a wood kit from these guys.A bit closer to home for you.:)

http://www.mikes-afordable.com/

Nick.

6. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I know what your saying a bout the chop, but I have to do it to this one while I can still get in the bloody thing!I'm not getting any younger!!!!!:D
    The original plan called for no chop, but I like the look of 'em chopped more than not chopped!:)

Nick.

7. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

OI!Thought you weren't going to chop it!LOL
    How much are you taking out?

8. I agree, You have the stance on that thing right on the money.... a chop is going to throw it all back out ( and eventually your back out? )

looking great as it is!

9. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Mark, 4'' I reckon!:)

Nick.

10. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I know I know, but I'm trying to lose some of the GOOFY look to it, looks kinda HIGH to me!I know a GOOD osteopath!:D;)

Nick.

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Hey!! As long as your going to follow the herd might as well do what the rest of the sheep are doing. 4" seems to be the flavor of the month. Can I get a big BAAAAAAAAH!!!:rolleyes::D
    I know it's yours and you get to make the decision. I was just looking forward to seeing something a little out of the current "TREND"

Frank

12. pecker head

pecker head

Chopped A's ROCK !

13. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Frank, DON'T mention sheep to me I'm Welsh!!!!!:DBAAAAAAAAH!;)
    I've got to get it outta my system, the next ones gonna be a Hi-boy!:)

Nick.

14. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

I was in the same spot you are right now.Chop or no chop.I walked around the garage for 2 hour`s before I picked up the cut off wheel. I think they look good both way's. 4" would look good.

15. blackout

blackout

4" inches looks great, that's why so many of them are cut 4".

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

The way it sits looks great, I agree... like that green A from Austin, TX with the blower... love that thing! Maybe have someone photochop it with 2 inches taken out? This, coming from one of the sheep. :D

17. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I reckon 4'' is just about right not too much and not too little!Don't want to make too low.

Nick.

18. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

Compromise? 2".:rolleyes:

19. HotRod33

HotRod33

YOUR car looks great and it will look even better chopped.....

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

I agree, man. :D

21. lugnutz9032

lugnutz9032
    from Palatka,Fl

Couldn't have said it better,Hotrod33."Screwing up perfectly good cars........since 1969".Personaly I'm for the stock look but he seems to have made up his mind to start cuttin'.:eek::eek::eek:

22. Very nice. You limey's never fail to astound me by building American iron in Europe...a bigger challenge than building here in the states and I've found building early fords [finding parts] here is challenging enough to me.
    I also get time on the weekends to build on my car while weekdays are full of family and work responsibilities.
    When I received the body for my 34 ford coupe, the top had already been cut off for easier storage in the previous owner's garage...a chop is a no-brainer. I'm also going with a 4 inch chop but staying with the factory 34 ford channel. At 5 foot 10, I'm short enough to fit ok. If you will still fit your coupe with a 4 inch chop, I wouldn't hesitate. Makes 'em look so much "meaner" IMHO..

23. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

No chop! Looks rad as is!

24. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

nick the car looks good! im glad im not the only one who works slow

25. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

You and me both, you and me both!!!!!:):D;)

Nick.

26. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Rocky, I'm 5' 10'' ish and have short legs so I should fit just fine, my stumpy legs have gotta be use for more than just walking with!!!!:D
    It ain't that hard to build a Hot Rod over here, you just have to know the right people!;)

Nick.

27. Keep it tall......:)
    Looking good, will look great either way.

28. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Dave, I don't have your Height, I'm a relative short arse compared with some!:D;)Thanks for the kind words too!:)

Nick.

29. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

I'm jealous of your wood...kit.

pervert.

30. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I got it from my doctors on prescription, its' me age don't 'y know!!!!:D

Nick.