Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Wanna see er naked?? Merc update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Aug 3, 2008.

1. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Having the car all one color is a giant leap forward. Hell, your almost done.....;)

See ya, -Abone.

2. Abone, It is a giant leap but if anyone knows im not even close to the end, Its you with your merc build. It is good to see in one color though. Im burning the midnight oil trying to shim er up and put some back on her. ETHER

3. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Lookin great! Factory frame off resto! Tell everyone it came like that.

4. hemifarris

hemifarris

Very nice.....Mike

5. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

im jealous.... maybe one of these days ill get to drive my own merc:mad:

6. Well, the merc body mount kit I bought just isnt going to work. All the mounts that bolt the body to the frame are 1/2 inch in the kit, some worked but I do have a few on the car that are 3/4 inch thick and a bit thicker. Also the mounts that the floor sit on are all 5/8 inch in the kit and I need thicker ones for these also. Im told the 49-50 merc bushings are different from the 51. Ive looked around and best I can come up with is I got some mounts from a 63-64 galaxie body mount kit and some freeze plug swell nuts that have really good rubber in them, I think the 2 1/4 ones will work best for the mounts. You can use all different sizes and trim them down with a sander to the right thickness (they were around 3/4 thick). I guess Ill have a half a mercury mount kit laying around for a future build!!!!!! Hope this helps some and thanks again slddnmatt for the diagram of the mounts and hardware to fasten a merc body to its frame,,,,,helped a bunch. ETHER

7. Ether, car is coming out great. Are you gonna run EFI in it?

8. Hey John, hope this answeres your question,,,,HAHAHAHA

All the important items in the right places. Working on the wiring and getting it running. The computer for the engine management system is totally independent from the trans managment computer. Its like a big bowl of spagetti right now!!!!!!
    ETHER

Attached Files:

9. oz40

oz40

Just thought I´d keep the posts rolling along.
    Looking great Ether.
    One day, we better make sure that you and I will meet to have a beer and talk the shit on our projects one day.
    oz40 (Tom)

10. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

11. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

beautiful and clean!!! I still need to pick your brain on that beauty galaxie you did!

12. Hey man, the Merc is looking good. I've thought about doing a 2door conversion to the '51, but I'm having too much fun to take it off the road.
    Keep up the good work.

See Ya, Cooter

13. Thanks, guys. Im in the process of wiring. I got most the body harness and engine managment harness done, actually lit her off last night. A few loose ends and finish the tranny managment harness and hopefully a little drive around the block. Ill post some pics.

OZ40,,,Your always welcome and theres cold ones in the fridge.

Cooter, you should pick the two door up off Dan, Its a solid car. Theres nothing wrong with a moredoor, and having a good time is what its all about.

ETHER

14. Looking good, Ether. Just make sure you keep that hood shut, OK? ;)

15. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Just wow. Aside from not having the talent to do what you've done, I dont have the patience! I get em driving and I just cant stop!!! :)

16. I would be dead keen on getting hold of this diagram as well. :)

Cheer

Clive.

17. Prostreet32

Prostreet32
    from Indy

Nice job on the chopped-top,& frenched headlights,...and love the front grill 'teeth'...
    keep up the good work.