Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDevilsRide

TheDevilsRide

9497dea630eb38f2ac7a8e41b5fcb211.jpg
    It's the chicks from your nightmares.... or your heaven, lol

2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Where are the cars?

kbgreen likes this.
  3. Seems like this:
    [​IMG]

Results in this:
    [​IMG]

4. nightmoves

nightmoves

5. You mean left hand drive results in right hand drive?.........oh wait, you mean, uh never mind!!:p:D

6. I like the guy in the background, wonder what he's thinking. She's thinking OMG, he's going for third!

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

8. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

9. MacTexas

MacTexas
    from DFW

10. Old and Slow

Old and Slow

What's powering the Arlen Special?
    Looks like Four cylinder air-cooled, magneto ignition, front-wheel drive!!
    Is it still around?

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  11. Old and Slow

Old and Slow

Here's a few snaps of me and my sis from the family album.
    The last picture has my nephew too, and it's specially for RocDuf
    Image11.jpg Image13.jpg Image15.jpg

12. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Henderson 4cyl. m/c engine.

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  13. Could very well be the front.

14. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That is very cool....I was just up to Idaho Springs couple weeks ago....I am amazed at how much it has changed (cleaned up mostly) My dad worked in the mines in the area, and I mosty ran around town....going swimming at the 'old' pool downtown (now gone)....or roller skating...and climbing all over the old mill in the middle of town (been repaired, painted red & big tourist attraction). It's big time touristy now, which is normal after all these years...and re-structuring around the interstate for ease of access into town. The older I get, the 'smaller' the town looks....still a fun place to go though.... I still have fond memories of jumping around in the back seat of the station wagon driving around the streets. The Original ''Buffalo Bar'' burnt down about 20 years ago....a common place of regard. I drive through there about 5-6 times a year on the way to Denver....memories are still pretty clear, which is nice.... a picturesque little town still to visit just off the interstate.;):D...some of those rock walls are still evident your dad worked on.

tb33anda3rd and waldo53 like this.
  15. Blue Mountains
    [​IMG]

Bomb, ct1932ford and Dave Mc like this.
  16. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

My mother worked at this Big Y super market in Medford, Oregon in the 1960's for many years...in the bakery. I LOVED her job! She got to bring goodies home to my outstretched & awaiting arms, because I was ''always'' such a good boy!:rolleyes::oops: BigY1956Crater_zps580e9bac.jpg

17. Looking on Google Earth, you are correct in that it is the FRONT of the theater I was seeing.

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  18. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

Chiloquin, in Klamath County, Oregon.....my grandmothers hometown...she met my grandpa at the café on the far distant left side, by the 'drugs' store when he went for supplies to the logging camps he worked at, in 1936. Chiloquin-1926-chi.com_.jpg ------------- 1926 and middle 1940's ....lot of change in the years! Chiloquin1940s.jpg

19. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

The ''father of Oregon archaeology''....Dr. Luther Cressman at excavation site in 1932 552-Cressman-Stafford-1932-2_copy_qlf4ur.jpg (Cressman on the left...his associate Stafford on the right)

LOU WELLS, Bomb, ct1932ford and 6 others like this.
  20. waldo53

waldo53
    from ID

Small world!! My grand dad must've been an enterprising man, besides being a stone mason, and owning cabins for rent, he also owned a couple of mines in Idaho Springs, which he worked off and on for several years. As I recall they were located in the hills on the north side of town. My dad said he always thought to strike it rich, but never did. Here's a pic of my grand dad, along with my mom and dad - taken in the early 30's in front of one of the mine entrances.

dad, mom, and Ole Walde.jpg

Ray C's son, Mark Hinds, Bomb and 7 others like this.
  21. wutnxt

wutnxt

When we traveled in deuce 'n a half's to Camp Adair it seemed that all the trucks would develop "fluctuating" oil pressure when we passed through Airlie. Therefore being mindful of vehicle maintenance, we would always pull over to check. Oh yes, Airlie was also the last place to buy beer before arriving at Camp Adair ranges for bivouac.

22. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Wouldn't it get rather cold in there at night without doors?

23. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

HAHA....I just noticed that! What happened to the freakin' doors???.....thanks for pointing that out...I was clueless till now!;)

24. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

That's great!....all the dirt roads around Idaho Springs lead to some impressive sights...and LOTS of abandoned mines and getting lost.....this pic was a rail car that traveled between Central City to Idaho Springs...not a big distance at all, but they seemed to need a rail car just the same for some reason...the automobiles certainly took some bad road travel getting around. C&S 1006.jpeg.jpg

Bomb, Dave Mc, Speedys Garage and 3 others like this.
  25. Columbia River Gorge, Rooster Rock-ish, 1950
    [​IMG]

Bomb, loudbang, Dave Mc and 3 others like this.
  26. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Looks familiar eh Maggie
    DAMN SNOW!

Bomb and Gary Reynolds like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.