Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

I'm still trying to figure out how the " Goldenrod " ended up at the Henry Ford Museum. Then again, they also have Ohio George's 33 Willys on exhibit.

2. Many times the museum exhibiting the item does not own it, but has it "on loan" from another entity. When I worked for the government, I got the Navy to "loan" us one of their mothballed planes to put on display at our facility.

loudbang likes this.
  3. EMD567

EMD567
    from Wichita

Ed Iskendarian = Wild Bill Kelso!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
  4. Samj

Samj

The "Goldenrod" was on display at and on loan to the Wally Parks NHRA Museum in Pomona, California until about 10 years ago. The family sold it to the Henry Ford.

loudbang and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  5. BornBuick

BornBuick

Please guess the year and model Plymouth Original Dash w:Graining Inlay2.jpg Plymouth 37 Original Dash w:Graining Inlay.jpg
    The Original " Oak Ridge Boys working on a new Hot Setup Cure for floating points" chrysler_ad_1951.jpg UFO Chevy.jpg Invasion of the Body Snatchers ! Back seat shinanigans.jpg

6. Here is a couple from my old scrape book. Pete and Jake's coupes. 026.jpg 030.jpg

7. This is the 018.jpg farmer, I got my 29 coupe from. I helped him feed his cattle in this 29 . He used it every day on the farm. He sold me my coupe for $100. He told me if I changed my mind I could return it! lol Ron...

8. Deepwater

Deepwater
    from Tennessee

jun6.jpg
    Florida's Cypress Gardens in the 50's!

9. Deepwater

Deepwater
    from Tennessee

jun7.jpg
    Vacationing at Miami Beach. The "Ocean Spray" Hotel in the background is still there.

10. GeeRam

GeeRam

It is......well, to be correct, it's a Lotus Type 907 engine, as the Jensen-Healey bit was only the name on the cam covers and nothing else. And so, despite the grainy b/w picture looking like it's from a much earlier decade, has to have been taken after 1972.

11. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

12. Gray Ford

Gray Ford
    from Illinois

I was thinking more like a '37 Plymouth...I don't think the '38 had an opening windshield ..( The round crank in the upper center of the dash)....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.