Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slopok

Slopok

Gary, Is there any particular trick to taking a digital picture of an old picture??

Gary Reynolds likes this.
  2. Not sure what you mean.
    MOST of the pics I post are just hotlinked from the web.Otherwise I just scan old prints, I use a cheapo Canon Mx882printer - scanner. I don't edit, resize or change originals in any way.
    I don't mean to violate copyright, I don't make a cent from any of them ( including my own pics), just like to share) with fellow car guys.
    My trusty Can Rebel XTS has given up the ghost and I can't afford a new camera.
    Being unemployed or "retired", I have plenty of time on my hands.

willbe likes this.
  3. Slopok

Slopok

All I have is a digital camera, laptop computer and some old pictures taken way back when. Was just wondering if I can take a picture of a picture and then post?

4. Scanning works better, but I don't see why not.
    If you have an SLR camera your set, avoid flash, do any lighting to avoid glare. A ordinary lamp works fine, make sure your original is flat.
    TRY it! That's the beauty of digital, no money wasted. In your case a phot program might be good ( to edit ), there are lot's of them, free ones work well.
    I think experimenting will pay off, and I'd love to see the pics! There are MILLIONS of great pics unseen just because folks won't scan or copy them.'Have at it and post away! Good Luck!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  5. Slopok

Slopok

Ok I will, thanks. Just have some old photos of cars I've owned in the past and several of my Merc that were takin with a 35 mm.

6. Slopok

Slopok

What is a SLR camera? I have a Cannon Power Shot A560. Not to familiar to any of this equipment. Love seein your photos though.

7. Lovely old street scene .This view is of Dean Street, Albury, New South Wales ,Australia. My guess this picture was taken in the early 1960's.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  8. Single Lense Reflex, like a 35mm camera. The difference is you can see EXACTLY what your shot will be.
    It might be harder with yours,it depends on how close you can focus. Are theses prints or negatives you want to shoot? I guess you better PM me if you need much more info.

9. fbi9c1

fbi9c1

Digital Single Lens Reflex DSLR is the proper term for the digital versions. Your Canon Power Shot will work fine with a little experimenting. My wife takes pictures of pictures all the time with her Canon Elph and it does just as good a job as my Nikon DSLR.

10. Slopok

Slopok

They are already developed pictures, I'll give it a try and will see. Thanks again for replying to my questions though. I appreciate that information even though I don't know what half of what you're talkin about.:confused:

11. Slopok

Slopok

OK, Thanks for the info. Will see what happens.

12. Silverplate

Silverplate

Can someone tell me about the injection unit on the second dragster mounted on the front of the engine? Thanks...Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.