Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tulsa Buried Car Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by t-town-track-t, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shagg'n

shagg'n

LMAO-too funny!

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I wouldn't pay it. Watch it on the 5 o'clock news. Probably be a rusted out hulk anyway.

3. I'm so excited I could yawn.

4. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

I agree don't go anywhere near that circus , if it's not above the water table it is a black moldy glob of shit ! See the joke on the news , pictures at eleven .

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

This is what all who care should get together. I'm not going to go but if I was local I would get a huge crashing party together.

People do it all the time now. Arrange to have 500 or so people just "show up".

I'd even promote it if I was going to do it. Let the officials know that the happening belongs to the people and that the people will be there and if they want the publicity of Barney arresting 500 people, so be it.

I'm generally of the belief that you obey the law. This really doesn't apply.

6. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

some of the money raised is probably going into Boyd's pocket's for "Celebrity Fee".
    what a total ass rape event.

7. agasrcng

agasrcng
    from Mounds, OK

And good luck anybody getting their car in the invitational car show. We "applied" and got denied. It was stated that cars with "Tulsa" history would be given 1st preference and it never stated anywhere in the application about cars needing to be 'museum" quality. Our car is definately not museum quality, but it is fairly unique and it is a total Oklahoma car except from when it was imported over from England. It came straight from overseas to Oklahoma and was owned by a doctor who used it to make his house calls in the Oklahoma City area.(We have one of the few Anglias in Oklahoma, or least ones that get around much). We were told that there were cars coming in from all over the world that were worth millions of dollars and they were the ones that were being accepted. I think they forgot about "Tulsa and Oklahoma" in that picking process because I have spoken to a lot of people who "applied" and all were denied. I have yet to talk to anybody from Tulsa yet who was accepted. As for the day of the unveiling, I can tell you that space will be VERY limited as the street and grass area is not that big. I'm thinking it will be for invited guests only. My boyfriend works for the County as the Fleet Supervisor and he wasn't even sure that he would be able to attend, his supervisor will have to give approval for him to attend. He's pretty bitter about things right now and he's not even going to go. He has told me that removal of the car from the burial site to the convention center will be done by a company who is DONATING their service. I'm thinking the excavation company is donating their service too, but I'm not positive about that. Some automotive shop has volunteered to donate their time and supplies to go through the car after it's out to check it over mechanically and all that kind of stuff. As for the car itself, it is supposed to go to one of the heirs of whoever was there and entered their name in the drawing. If there are no heirs to be found, it will go to the historical society. I'm not sure what all the money is needed for, but I can tell what it's not needed for! There a more than enough people willing to volunteer their services just to say they were a part of history.

8. rabble, rabble, rabble.
    a buddy from work is going. I'll get the info (photo's,video) from him if he makes it.
    I think they will fool everyone with a clean replacement car. All of the stuff in the time capsule, bought on ebay.

The invitational car show will have one one Mopar, the 10 million dollar General Lee.

9. beetlejuice55

beetlejuice55

what a crock of shit this is turning out to be. it's all about making a buck i guess. i think this whole thing shoud (and could be) done for free. why do they have to take advantage of so many people like that ?
    and why the hell does boyd have to be there ? he has nothing to do with a 57 belvedere OR oklahoma. sounds liek another money making scheme to me...and i bet he aint going to show up for free.
    this whole thing went south real quick.

10. gtnrkix

gtnrkix

I agree, it's almost too sad to be funny. Too bad though, sounded like fun!

11. was the car dropped in the hole with all it's fluids still in it? If so, what's the going rate for HAZMAT now?

12. Thumper

Thumper

Yep.......typical shit. Greed. It's gonna be a monkey fuckin a football I tells ya...! The damn thing has probably evaporated into dust by now and they are gonna try to fool us by slipping in leftover parts from the cars used in the movie "Christine".:eek:

"Step right up......get yer tickets here.....theres a seat for every ass... step right up..... See Billy Mays clean the rust stains off with KaBoom... see Floyd Who? fit a set of his new billit wheels as it rolls outta the vault.........see Heraldo Rivera check the trunk for Jimmy Hoffa......Hurry....Hurry ...Hurry.....Step right up."......LMAO.

What they don't realize is we want to see it as it is......50 fuckin years later without touchups....washdowns or makeovers. Unfortunately its gonna turn into a dog and pony show:rolleyes: .

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone go dig that fucker up tonight so they have nothing to show for all the revenue raising they are doing.
    AND, with luck we can make Boyd look even stupider........

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

On second thoughts he does a good enough job on his own.....................

15. Bookz

Bookz

Another really sensible suggestion from "The Legend In His Own Mind"

16. dixiedog

dixiedog

Now that is some funny shit!!!

46 - I got to live that let's have a football team dream twice - raise the taxes, build the stadium and they MIGHT come. hahaha

sounds like it would have been a great event, but invite the bearded circus chimp and some Pebble Beach exquisites, charge everyone for anything and it turns into a turd polishing festival. Are you sure this isn't Florida?

17. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Skip it. The Bare Naked Ladies are playing Detroit that night anyway!

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Who shit in your Wheaties this morning?? Go and get yourself fucked.

19. Bookz

Bookz

Another fine example of your intellect I presume. Keep taking the pills and crawl back into your fantasy world

20. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Ya know, I have been too busy to pay much attention to what's going on with this whole deal.

I got an email one day from Mama Rash about having to buy tickets to the thing and I just told her to buy them without stopping and wondering why. I didn't even realize we wouldn't see the thing dug up.

Those who think there will be a replacement vehicle waiting in the wings have not been paying close enough attention either. There is no way anyone in charge of anything in Tulsa could plan something with that much fore thought and/or effort.

Good job geting this printed Bentley. NO CHANCE Tulsa World would touch anything near as controversial.

21. Iwent on the website for them and its funny how all the post there are positive or unbiassed,I left a message on it and bet ya it wont get posted,makes me sick they have turned this into what it has become.

22. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Well said, Rashy. The folks in government are there because they want to be 'in charge' and most couldn't think for themselves.

Out here they are going to widen all of the ditches from a certain point all the way to the river to prevent 'flooding.' Hasn't flooded here since I was in Jr. Hi in the early 80s. If you do the math, the 'arbitrary' starting point is right near the new ethanol plant. They want to double its size already and don't have land enough for another retention pond of 1 or 2 acres. Where will that water go...hope it doesn't FLOOD anyone.

Oh, and the county commissioner who recommended a flood impact study to the drain commission is an investor in the plant...

Mr. Smith keeps going to Washington but keeps coming home to Potterville!!

23. Obviously the people making the decisions on this event are not car people, or they wouldn't be trying to screw everybody except for the connected: "There will be limited viewing of the unearthing of the car for "sponsors, dignitaries, and alumna" of the '57 event." Don't they get it, the "unearthing" is the event! If the space is limited for people to watch this, why not do a live national television event so everyone could see it. I think the Speed Channel, TLC, History Channel or a number of cable TV channels would be interested in this. The money generated would pay all of there associated expenses. Why is it that the elete, selected few make these decisions without considering what is good for the public? These days there is less and less the average wage earner and his family can do without paying through the nose for everything.

24. zgears

zgears

what if its rusty, or full of water? is this al capone vault all over again?

sounds like a sorry excuse for entertainment.

25. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

all i want to know is that boyd doesnt get to TOUCH the car. please god no...

26. Sounds like a great setting for an episode of C.S.I. to unfold..Time capsule, 50 yr old car, pop the trunk...50 yr old corpse...Call Grisim...

Or how bout this..Dig it up, pop the trunk push Floyd Cotterpin inside and bury it for another 50 years, and dig him up for display in 2057...
    I'd pay to see that!!!

27. agasrcng

agasrcng
    from Mounds, OK

Actually, I think I remember reading that they did drain all the fluids out of the car, they put something like two 5 gal cans of gas in the vault stored in glass containers, just in case in 50 years we didn't use gas anymore. It also seems like I read they put some cans of oil in there too.

And just a few weeks or so ago, The dug down to the top of the vault to examine the seal and said that it initially looks like it has remained sealed, but that's just the top part. There's no idea yet of course about the sides and the underneath. I don't think that Boyd will be able to get his hands on the car either because technically that car has an owner as soon as it comes out of the ground. When they do the drawing of the names that were put in the hat 50 years ago, if the person is no longer living, then their heir will recieve the car. If there is nobody to claim it, it will supposedly go to the historical society. Theoretically that is what is "suppose" to happen. Also, the government is not in charge of this event. It is a committee made up of private citizens; my boyfriend's boss is on the committee and I'm pretty sure he's NOT a car guy! I think one of the main committee members in charge is some woman who was there as a little girl and her father helped put the car into the ground.

28. JamesG

JamesG

I got an invite to a show that they are having the day of the dig up of the car.

29. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Yeh - looking at the greed around this event, it wouldn't surprise me if Boyd paid his way in to the project for the TV rights.

Expect to see a Boyd special on the car, and what he had to do to 'improve' it before the public gets to see it.

30. LIMEY

LIMEY

Someone should climb in there & stick a fuckin skeleton in the drivers seat, that'd be funny........they would shit when they open the box! hahahaha

Kev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.