Register now to get rid of these ads!

torque specs flathead mopar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dzahm, Jun 18, 2008.

1. dzahm

dzahm
    from NC

Sorry if this has been posted- tried a search 1st- no luck. Anyway 52 230 ci flathead 6 (dodge) going in 35 dodge p/u. Started reassembly and discovered neither the parts or shop manual has the torque specs for the main, and rod bearings. Wtf? The pics suck (more like line drawings, very little detail, and is generally a pita to find anything. Anybody know of a decent manual (like the I & T manuals for old tractors) the specs themselves or a website- i checked inliners, aaca, and a few dodge specific site but nothing specific. Thanks and will try to post some pics soon.

2. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

'52 230 main crankshaft bearings get torqued to 80-85 ft. lbs. Rod cap nuts get torqued to 45 -50 ft. lbs. This is from a Dodge truck manual, but I would not think a car engine would be any different. Vintage Power Wagons sells TM 9-1840A engine manual for the Dodge M37 truck. Its a great little book for the 230 engine.