Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thread deleted? Please restore

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Ryan1934, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan1934

Ryan1934

Hi, yesterday I posted a thread about asking for help evaluating my deceased father's 1934 Ford project. This morning, it seems this has been deleted for some reason that I can't tell. Was some policy violated?

There was some valuable information in there, and I would very much like for the thread to be revived so that I may access the information therein and the community's knowledge to help sell the car. Please help.
    Thanks.

2. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry for your loss.
    Your thread was deleted because it is not a HAMB ERA traditional Hot Rod.
    It really is a more modern Street Rod in description .

What ever price you put on it - guys will offer less automatically.

That being said - the consensus of the guys who posted on it was 12K was too low and a more realistic price was in the 18-19K range.

Maybe put feelers out there of a 22-23K asking price .
    Offers will come in lower and again the consensus was a 18-19 K was a general consensus market value.

Sorry but the consensus also was if 80K was already spent on it - it should have been much more closer to completion.

Hope this helps.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Ryan1934

Ryan1934

Seriously? Wow. You know, in the little corner of the car hobby that I usually live in, it's about having fun and helping guys out. Everyone who posted on the thread I started was really helpful and respectful, and I thank them for their posts. However, deleting the whole thread (particularly without any notice) of a person trying to sell a project car for his recently widowed mother is, in my mind, not only not being helpful, it is actively making things more difficult and is in itself a disrespectful act.

I get what this website is about, and that you are trying to maintain this kind of ideological purity. But I think in this situation, the moderators/admins have taken things a bit to far. If you have a good community, they will self police by saying things like "sorry, you should post at forum X instead of here", or "sorry, we don't really talk about that sort of thing here" or they will move a thread to a different category, or they'll just ignore the post. At least that is how it works on the forums I use. Nobody just unilaterally deletes a thread with no notice for being slightly off topic. Perhaps HAMB is taking itself just a teeny bit too seriously?

So anyway, based on what I remember from that thread, I will gather the recommended information, and post again if needed, being sure not to use any naughty buzz words like "Mustang II". Hopefully the "trad police" will not block my access to the actual HAMB members who want to helpful.

4. 117harv

117harv

^^^ Wow.....

gwhite likes this.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

You have made 2 posts .......................

I condensed the consensuses and replied to try to help you.
    I could have very easily posted it was "off topic" to your request and left it at that.
    And for that you considered my repsonse disrespectful.

Wondered if you took the time to read the tutorials / rules.....

The HAMB has over 250,000 members and if we allow a guy or two to post slightly off topic / or off topic subjects then the flood gates would open for off topic posts and the HAMB would not be the HAMB as it is today.

If you get what this web site is about it has nothing to do with ideology purity.
    It has to do with a historical time of hot rods and custom cars from the 30's to the early 60's.

Not the 70's , 80's, 90's, 2000's.

Deleting of posts should not be taken personal - they are editorial decisions.
    The good community as you refer to is self policed by members reporting posts that are " slightly off topic or off topic" and that's what happened.
    Moderators were sent a report that your post was off topic.

Before you post anything else, please take the time to read the rules so you know how things work around here.
    Anything that is slightly off topic or off topic, trust me that HAMB members will report it to Moderators and it will get deleted.
    If you get the HAMB as you said you did, then you wouldn't have a problem with it.

If you aren't happy with the first response above or this response, then maybe the HAMB is not for you.

Again sorry for your loss.
    I posted a consensus to try to help you.

Respectfully,
    Cob

325w, lothiandon1940, RICH B and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.