Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thieves and Stolen Car Parts! Have you Seen this Man?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Oct 26, 2005.

1. OldsGuy

OldsGuy

I posted a link on another site I go to sometime. Now a lot of Oldmobile enthusiasts know about it too. Hope everything gets worked out...

2. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Kevin

one thing you might wanna check into is the local moving companys ... that much stock and equipment just dont fit into a f-150 and leave on its own, not to mention they'd need a few extra hands to move it all... just a thought;)

PS,,, off topic but:rolleyes:
    hows your Essex commin along. last i heard you almost had it as a roller for the pileup? got any new pics or progress reports?

T

3. slowride66

slowride66

this is a real problem the shister parts changers make it real hard for the honest mechanic to keep a general reputation!!

I will copy and paste a link here on every site I can get to.

some one already said it but they most likely will wind up coming or having to do something with us down here in Florida we get the bum rap everytime I guess that's what happens when our state looks like a penis:eek: at least the feds let us carry a side arm on my person!!

Somebody ought to start a Americas most wanted for bad mechanics and auto theives I dont have any computer skills or Id do it....

Post wanted ad's in every auto parts store in the country take donateions to run ad compaines ect...

ok Im off to post some posts

SR66:D

4. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks Fiddy. Sure, I'll let Bill (owner) know about the moving companies idea. On the Essex, it was at the Pileup. There are a couple of new photo's on the site and Adam is going to take more tomarrow.

5. repoguy

repoguy

I have extensive experience in skip-tracing, as I spent 12 years finding people who didn't necessarily want to be found (and subsequently repossessing their shit).

Here is a little free advice that might help aid in your search:

First off, if you don't know who actually OWNS the empty shop in question, call the county property appraisers office and find out. It's public information. If the owner is someone other than the scumbags in question, chances are he/she could be very helpful once you advise them that their former tenant is fugitive from justice. They may have actual names, SS#'s, credit applications, etc. If you get access to a credit application, and the information given is accurate (which, for the purpose of obtaining a lease could very well be), you're halfway there.

By using "information brokers" (people who can supply information that you're not supposed to have access to), you can find most people.

If their app has references (especially relatives), call and rattle their cages, and then take the ph#'s called to a private investigator & have the phone records pulled. I used to do this all the time to find difficult skips. Mom's, sisters, brothers, kids, etc., usually have a ph# where they can contact the scumbag in question. More than half the time, if you call mom at 9:00pm and rattle cage by telling her you're getting a warrant for her son's arrest, and then you go and have her long distance records pulled, there will be an outgoing call from her ph# to a completely different ph# right after you hang up, and that will be the ph# where the scumbag in question can be reached. That ph#, even if it is a non-published ph# can easily be broken for a service address by the same information broker who supplied the phone records, and guess what? You found him without him even knowing it.

There are many ways of handling these matters, for example: if you can get the former landlord to help out, have the landlord call mom under the pretext of "hey, I owe your son money for the deposit / overpaid rent / etc." or "some courier is trying to deliver a check to your son, where can it be delivered? He has to sign for it" (that way mom doesn't say "just send it to my house"). See, even the wiliest of dirtbags drop their defenses when they think they're getting "something for nothing". Chances are he will call to get his money. The original world trade center bombers were caught because one of the dumber members of their squad tried to collect the some kind of security deposit or insurance deposit from the place where they rented the damned truck! It's amazing how careless people will get when they think there's a check at the end of the rainbow.

Oh, and if you find mom, the scumbag in question will most likely be at her house on either Thanksgiving, Christmas, or both. Dirty tactics? Sure. But who cares, fuck 'em.

Anyway, I have a whole lot of tricks like this up my sleeve. See what you can find out on these guys as far as HARD INFO (verified real names, SS#, application info, landlord, etc.) and PM me if you need more assistance. I still have a few contacts that I might be able to access if you hit a brick wall.

Sometimes it takes a thief to find a thief, and for over a decade I was a professional thief (of sorts).

Happy hunting.

6. JimSibley

JimSibley

7. Roothawg

Roothawg

Dang Repoguy, that is some good info.

8. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

D A M N! I need to hire you for something. Your an evil, rotten, dirty, nasty, information-gathering machine. I love you man. I'll forward this to Bill, the owners of the trucks.

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Have you guys tried asking the local parts houses? I know they usually have all of my info before I can have a thing delivered. They also require REFRENCES around here. (possibility at best, I know)

Anyway, Austin has its eyes open. Hope your customer gets to squeeze thier necks till thier eyes pop out.

we still hang horse thieves in Texas, and this is why.
    Lux Blue

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wow.......I'll say.

11. bluenlow

bluenlow
    from dfw, texas

I sure as hell hope that someone catches these assholes. It really pisses me off that someone can actually do this to others. For some reason most of us feel some sense of trust through our relationships built on cars, as we should. Then some asshole comes along and destroys the confidence and trust we have built with customers and potential customers. I don't know, this is just a f*$ked up situation. Here in N. Tx. we have a KKOA show in Sherman/Denison this weekend and Pistons & Paint in two weeks, I have a few friends that would be willing to post up some shit and keep an eye open. Anything to help.

12. repoguy

repoguy

Hey!

I resemble that remark!

Funny sidebar: One time I actually located a murder suspect and repossessed her car before the entire homicide division of a major west coast city was able to find her (all by myself with a computer, a telephone, and lots of shady resources, on the EAST coast. HAHA). The private sector, in some aspects, can run circles around the public sector.

Another little tip: be creative in coming up with a good pretext (pretext is an industry term for bullshit story). An example (since these guys victimize hot-rodders), if the previous items don't work & you find someone who you suspect has contact with them, is to call that person on the phone with a story like this:

"Hey, I was at a bar drinking with some dude the other day (I forget his name) and he gave me this ph# to contact ________. The dude said he does custom cars, and just closed his shop, and I have a car that belongs to a friend of mine and he wants some extensive custom work done. He's in South America for 6 months on a job and is making tons of money, and he'd like for the car to be finished when he returns. He sent me a few grand to get the job started. If ______ is looking for a little sidework, I could bring him the car and pay him a few grand up front to get the job started!!!"

Scamming scammers is so much fun sometimes.

Oh, one last item. Not always, but quite often, scumbags come from scumbag families. If you find a relative that when asked about the scumbag in question gives you an answer like "No I don't know where he is & I could care less if I ever see his worthless ass again", chances are that person will help you locate them for a few C-notes (or one, or less). I've seen it happen too many times to count.

13. The Prarie Shop website says that Jim Moreland has taught welding for 40 years. Truth or fabrication? If true lots of people know him and whare to find him.

I'm not quite getting this. These guys open a shop and then suddently pull up stakes and leave in the middle of the night. They take their equipment and some items belonging to some of their clients. Just how big of a haul are we discussing?
    Skipping town like this is not inexpensive or convienint. The swag would have to outweigh the hassle. Does it?
    Seems like something else was motivating them.

14. this may not help at all, but i THINK he was a body shop teacher in the late 80's early 90's at golden west community college in huntington beach, ca. i looked around the internet but can't find anything......but i think i remember that name (i had a different teacher for my sat class).......................so whatever it's worth i hurt my head trying to remember.

15. bttt to get these guys

16. swazzie

swazzie

Fuckers . . BTTT

17. I'm glad you posted this kevin. Any way possable these fuck face ass holes need to be cought and delt with. I'm sure i've run across these dorks in the last few years. I cant place where or when but i'm sure its at a local cruse night. I never forget a mr. rogers fag trying to act hot rod. Good luck, and as your coolest t-shirt states, do unto others.......

18. OLD SWEDE

OLD SWEDE

Take all the hints repo guy will give ,, he is on top of things .. and knows how to find the hard ones .. like he sez,, if you can find someone close,, at some point they will run their mouth . it always happens ..

JEFF

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yea, I get alot of people that ask about the "Golden Rule" and brass knuckles on the same shirt. My answer, it goes BOTH ways.

20. TheLivingstons

TheLivingstons
    from Kansas

Bttt

21. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Ok, here's an update. We found out that this scumbag was selling off his tools the past two weeks. He was last seen on this past saturday night with his final load out of the shop, caught by the shops neighbor who had come in to clean his own shop. We also think he is in Cali.

22. tomslik

tomslik

is this the same Jim Morland that had the black 40 ford sedan years ago?
    i'm sure some of you guys remember it from the Fat Jack kinda stuff.

just straighten me out ok?
    don't want to imply nothing...

23. Roothawg

Roothawg

So did the shop owner corner him?

24. I don't believe that one is still with us. Passed away 5-8 years ago if memory serves me (and it doesn't always).

25. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

No, that was Jerry Moreland....

26. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

On the telephone he did. Unfortunatly, Bill sort of tipped his hand and told Mitch the he [Bill] knew where Mitch's wife lives in Hunnington Beach. Hopefully Mitch won't be on the run now and the cops can still find him.

27. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Thanks for the heads up hope you nail the prick good hunting. Low life too lazy to work so has to rip off good people man oh man I sure hope they get there up and comins. John

28. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Not entirely off topic, but since alot of you fellow rodders are looking at this; Mitch took the motor/trans for the '56 Chevy truck, leaving it with no 'plant. He also put a junk yard sbc/TH400 in the '55 Ford (supposed to be a fresh 350/350 combo). So, since visiting my establishment, and meeting some of the great people (re: Traditional Hot Rodders) that hang out here, he's decided to go with a blown 371 Olds Rocket for the '56 Chevy and a 312 Police Interceptor clone for the '55 Effie.

So, here it comes: we need locations / offers / whatever on the following to get his projects going:

a good 371 or 394 Olds Rocket for rebuilding. Preferably one that still rolls over.
    a good 371 or 394 Olds Rocket blower manifold.
    a good 430 Lincoln / Mercury / Edsel that we can overhaul for the cruiser styled Effie.

If anyone can help with some leads, or you're looking to unload that extra or unused motor or manifold, we'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks.

29. I bet they are spoonin with a guy named ruebin, dirtbags from the same state............they will all get theirs in due time, hopefully with pics.