Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thieves and Stolen Car Parts! Have you Seen this Man?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Oct 26, 2005.

1. If it was just a run-of-the-mill felony theft it'd be just a case for the local cops, who would have to alert California authorities, arrange extradition, etc.

These guys probably have a Tax ID and owe some money to Uncle Sam. If so, the Feds will be more than happy to lead a national manhunt with a pair of IRS-quality testicle pliers.

One of those rare cases where nasty tax enforcement laws will come in handy.

2. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

Would be a good idea to make this thread a "sticky". That way everyone can see it!! If they did this, they are rotten, low-life, scum-sucking, thieves that deserve to be taken care of Las Vegas stye, one way drive to the desert.

3. one of the captions in their pictures says "they hail from huntington beach california"...............i would look at doughnut derelicts, they might not open a shop but i would bet they still look at cars (to sell parts). or maybe they scamed people here and can't come back here either.

4. tooslow54

tooslow54

Check the donut shop and maybe Pomona/LB swap. True story: years ago a friend had his restored 53 bug stolen. several weeks later he's cruising thru Pomona and a guy that was with him sees a red door (same shade) and say's "hey, that's almost the same color as your bug" to my buddy. Well. he walks up and discreetly checks the lock with his keys and it turns perfectly. Starts looking around and sees a few more unique items. They walk away, make a phone call and twenty minutes later the guys in cuffs.

Moral: Keep your eyes open.

5. Moral: If you swipe someone's doors, at least change the locks out!!

6. 29SX276

29SX276

Kevin;This really bites,sure hope the cops nail these pricks.Thieves should be hung by the nut sack over a fire!It's hard enough to make a decent living these days without wankers stealing it all!!

7. Sounds like he/they midnight-moved for more of a reason than tools, parts & a little cash. Whatever it is, they (or he) judged it WAY worse to stay and face the music than the trouble they're going to get in for absconding with some parts and a couple customers downpayments.

I believe I've seen that douche bag on the right with the jean jacket.....I can't remember where (which car show) but I think I've even talked to him. I'll have to think on it.

If he's on the run like that, you can bet he'll be looking to turn the parts & tools and stuff into cash to get deeper under cover......so watch ebay for the parts, watch the swaps out west or down south where the BIG crowds will be (warm weather).....I bet they'll be looking to hit a huge swap or 2 and liquidate....maybe even just right out in the parking lot by where everyone walks by...so they don't have to rent a space....sell right out of the truck or trailer. And probably not smart enough to hole up fpr a while somewhere, they'll be looking to lighten the load & turn it to cash now, big loads are hard to hide.......unless they rented a storage unit somewhere in preparation for it all and stashed it there in the middle of the night, which might lead a guy to think they only stored it as far away as they could get with it still being dark to unload, I assume done the final loading from the shop at night. Call all the storage places within 300 miles.

Everyone needs to watch the swaps in their area....which means we need to know what kind of parts they have and any identifiable parts or markings.

Print up some wanted posters and put the State Polices phone numbers on them and plaster them up at the upcoming swaps.......the power of the HAMB will get 'em LOL.;)

8. tooslow54

tooslow54

Hahaha, No shit!:D

Funny now, but sucked when it happened.

9. 392_hemi

392_hemi

They have a whole page that lists vendors whose stuff they sold (or so it appears). I would call some of them up and see if you can get some info that way. If they were set up as a business, they'll have a taxpayer i.d. number, so the IRS has all their personal info. If it's a tax issue, the Feds will be able to track them down with little problem.

10. 286merc

286merc
    from Pelham, NH

Exactly my own thoughts! That Jim Moreland looks real familiar, maybe from when I lived out in Roselle, IL in the 70's.

11. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

That's a good idea. I'll set Adam to calling around to our suppliers tomarrow. As for "salesman," nope, these guys were the crew, along with the kids photograph which I can seem to pull off of there website.

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

this stuff happens way 2 much.you can forget the Feds doing anything.If they do the owner and his friends will be out in the cold.they think they are hot shit and will not take help from outside of thier circle.the best thing that could be done at this point is what you did put the word out on HAMB.someone has to see these guys.bump bump

13. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

That's unknown right now. What we need is a realestate person who can look up the last name only with a womans first name. Apearantly the house is his wifes'. Which means he could live there and no one would know as only her name would appear on the address/mortgage etc.

14. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Hmmm, I think a guy here in Chicago had the screws put to him for something like that back in the '20's. I've been told today that if it's over $2,500.00 and crosses state lines (here in Il.) then it goes to the G-Men.

15. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Good idea. I'll get Adam to work on that tomarrow and put it on my site. Then you guys could just print it out and make some copies to take to the swaps in your area. And I'll be carefull, I'll just put the police would like information on contacting them "just to talk."

16. Shit, I remember that !! I was the guy across the aisle cheering and laughing and telling those jerks to "open wide when you get to the joint"....
    Thank God most thieves don't have the intelligence God gave a stupid rock...

17. Roothawg

Roothawg

So do you have picture of the third guy? Or is there a third guy? I need to reread this post....

18. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

3 things.

#1 - I hope these guys are found and pay up.

#2 - Every charge account I've ever opened for the business had to be personally guaranteed. There may be some info on those account applications that may help. Worth some calls to vendors/suppliers.

#3 - Why would everyone assume that these guys owe the Gov.? Of all the bills I get every month, those are the one that I make sure I pay on time. Of course I'm not stealing from people either or maybe I just missed the reason in the post.

19. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yea, I'm having a hard time getting his photograph off the site. He's listed under "Ask Chris"

20. Here he is....looks like he could tell the flavor of a popsicle by setting on it. :rolleyes:

What about this guy, Mitch ?

There's an Amsoil dealer name/pic on there also.....matter of fact hopefully someone has saved ALL those pics from the website before it gets pulled. With all the people that are pictured & named, the police will get a whole lot of info questioning them.

http://www.prairiestaterodshop.com/aboutus/aboutus.html

May have to go to Japan to question Team Bukakke though...;)

Attached Files:

21. bttt,

I'm gonna show these pics to a "friend" that's in the life. Maybe we can find something out. Damn shame.

22. old beet

old beet

23. dsanchez

dsanchez
    BANNED
    from Burnham,IL

I will post these pictures in every part store, and ever cruise night stop I go to......we are located in N/E Indiana and CHicago area ....lets corner this bastard.......We are a group of around 40-50 people...I hope someone knows of him..........Good Luck keep us posted !!!!!!!!!!

24. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

bttt. Hope the crooks get caught.

25. Snafu

Snafu

They will get caught. There website is full of pics and names. They were a registered buisness, with a site. They will get whats coming to them.

26. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

Kevin,we're doing some carb work for the other Elburn shop.I'll call you if they've heard anything.

27. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks everybody. Together we'll nab these dirtbags. Somebody asked me how we knew they were the culprets? Well, their shit is gone, they didn't go to the cops to report it stolen, AND they are gone. Hmmmm. Let's see.........

28. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Is that a Misty that puto is smoking? Why would anyone allow a pic like that to be posted of themselves?

29. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If they're on there way to Cali than they'll probably stop through Vegas... Next event I will keep my eyes open. If any of you are from So Cal shop in Vegas, put these guys pictures up on your bulliton board by the door. Maybe someone will recognize them here. Hope they can be brought to justice!! That sucks!!

30. Burny

Burny

Hope you take these scumbags down...