Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Rodder's Journal #45 - BIG NEWS!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 20, 2009.

1. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I can't wait to see. . Good luck!!!

2. 31fordV860

31fordV860

Maybe someone mentioned this ..but who's Black A is that in the backround on the right??? Where can I see more of it ?

3. frank spittle

frank spittle

Congratulations Ryan. The Rodder's Journal has emerged as a stand alone publication. Nothing else is close. If you have never seen a copy...well # 45 is the one to get.

4. Again, also about the two black hot rods in the background; "Certainly signs of a good neighborhood, in my mind anyway". Now about that coupe...

5. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

"Print is not dead. I personally think this movement is going to clear out the shit. The publications that existed not for the reader, but for the advertiser are gone. They won't survive. The publications that put out quality content that is not driven by ad revenue will replace them.

"Rodder's Journal, Road & Track, Hop Up, etc... will flourish once the economy picks up."

--Ryan

Ryan, glad to see you are putting your writing skills and passion where your opinion is. Good work. Let the integration of the best print books and the best community sites begin! In the end the quality goes up in both places...mutual benefits. Oh and I'll I'll buy it newstand 'cause I want the Kirk cove more!

6. Good for both of you!

7. ~E~

~E~

Congratulations on contributing to the best automotive publication in current production. I hope you become a regular as reading your words on here are witty, passionate, knowledgeable and very enjoyable. RJ is the best of the best, and there's a reason why you're there. That line you've been skating has just taken you about 19 feet above the coping. Sounds like a bunch of unabashed ass-kissing - just the truth.

-E

8. I'm pretty sure that's Ryan's car. Do a search for the Tardel-Cochran coupe

9. rodncustom

rodncustom

I didn't know they had trees in Texas.

10. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

Austn has everything apparently.

11. havi

havi

Stopped at Barnes and Noble two days ago, and the expired issue of TRJ was still on the shelf. I bought it, but was there looking for the new Garage mag. Now I'll have to go back and get the next TRJ. :)

12. Silva

Silva

Congratulations Buddy!

13. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

It's available in South Bend at Borders. And I know what the secret is!

14. 31fordV860

31fordV860

B&N here in Corona,Ca still has 5 expired issues of TRJ as well...
    Will keep checking..

15. rodncustom

rodncustom

I think everyone does by now.

So will this be a one time thing or quarterly, bi annually, annually, or...?

16. striper

striper

:( Not me

17. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2 me ethier

18. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Just came in the mail, not bad kid. ;)

19. Gee, if only I was a master of topography like you.

20. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I hope they dont touch that 36,its so amazing as it is,its weird how you can be blown away from a beautiful paint job but at the same time be totally blown away from authentic patina

21. leftcoast66

leftcoast66
    from Duvall

Amazing issue. Just got it yesterday, and while i love all the issues, this one definitely they outdid themselves.

22. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I don't know, someone spill the beans for those of us that have to wait on our issue.

23. :D I've had mine for over a week now, its the ONLY good thing about being in Dandenong. Wheels of Time are within walking distance....

24. striper

striper

OK, so spill it!

25. fabber

fabber

Dan Webb's Golden Sub is a spectacular piece to say the least, it's definately in a class all it's own. And there is an awesome 16 page feature on a 34' Chevy Tudor Sedan that Jay Stone built in his attached garage at home! It's another cool piece that deserves attention.
    RJ is the premier publication in Hot Rodding to date. Issue 45 will be one of the best ones to date.

26. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

That's the Tardel-Cochran Coupe and the roadster was built by and belongs to Dave Crouse(Custom Auto out of Loveland Colorado). Dave was down here for the Round Up and happened to come over when the shoot was taking place. Ryan happened to be over because he had a stake in the shoot and I happened to be there cuz they needed someone to push the car. Oh yeah and BTW, the neighborhood............as they say "there goes the neighborhood"

27. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

FINALLY got my copy of TRJ today. Great piece on John's '36. Congrats, Ryan and John. Awesome job.

Maybe some day I'll be lucky enough to see this roadster in person.

28. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Just picked one up yesterday. Congrats Ryan on contributing to an awesome issue!!!

29. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

I picked one up today. I thought you did a great job Ryan. Cant wait for the next issue!!

30. TomH

TomH

Got mine yesterday, great as always. Wish I had time to read it, have a deadline on my `40 to meet.