Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Ray Hosh, Jack Pieknik 34 Vicky

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rice n Beans Garage, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

I know this car has been discussed before:

I just purchased the Chopped / Channeled Vicky resurrected by Jack Pieknik in 1971. I always liked this car and remember seeing it in magazines when I was a teen.

Chris Ito brought up a good point when we were discussing this car, it missed the 60's all together. It was brought out by Jack in 1971 and continuously changed by him for 27 years.

Does anyone have any info or pictures of this car in the late 50's or 60's before Jack bought it.

I have spoken with Jack and he is going to send me some of his photos from his ownership period.

It still has the chassis he sent up and drives bitchinn.

The Cad caps are going and maybe some 57 Plymouth of Lincoln caps will replace them for now.

Any info is appreciated,

Thanks in Advance, Scott

Attached Files:

2. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=716618&highlight=jack+pieknik

OLDER POSTS:

'Jack'

We are Jack & Pamela Pieknik from Mesa, AZ. Just found your website, saw articles about us, would like to make a few changes. Did not sell the 1936 to build the 1929, we've had the 1929 for 50 years, and it runs great with it's flathead. The article about the 1934 Vicky, states the wrong builder, it was built by Ray Hosh, and was also worked on by Dick Dean, in the 1950's when they were all in the Down River Modifieds. We bought the car in 1971 for $800. Sold a 1940 Ford Coupe and 1966 Mustang to come up with the $800. The car was chopped and channeled, not sectioned as the article reads. Over the years it had 9 paint jobs, and 5 interiors. Olds engine, 289, sold in 1995 and trying to buy it back as we speak.

'Paint'

I met Jack in 1974. When he bought the car in 1971 it had or was set up for a 53 Olds drivetrain, don't know if it had a engine when he bought it. Jack put in the 289 Ford and a 68? Camaro rear.
    The first paint job he put on it was black, then about 78 he painted it Black Cherry which was a solid black base followed by silver pearl then House of Kolor Brandywine candy then clear (lacquer of coarse). It really popped in the sun.
    In the early 80's it was painted a Charcoal Metallic It's in the 84 Rod Action yearbook.
    After that it was Porsche Red then black again. Did your dad have it re painted cause it looks pretty nice in the pictures? The last black paint was done in about 88 and Jack sold it I think in about 96-97.
    The interior in it now was done by Gary Benway right after the Charcoal paint.
    I helped strip the paint a couple of times (with paint stripper and a brush) and the metal work is really nice. The only body mods that Jack did were the 3 piece hood by Al Bergler and filling the roof.
    Jack put a ton of miles on that car, probably 3 to 4 thousand a summer for years.
    I have the magazines it was in and I will dig them out. Street rodder in about 72 and 79, Hot Rod in about 79 and Rod Action Yearbook in 84.

3. alchemy

alchemy

I remember it from the first Nationals I attended, in St. Paul in 1977. And probably saw it again in '79 and the early '80's whenever the Nationals went back to St. Paul. Always liked it best in the early clothes, the dark paint and Truespokes. The pic you have with the Truespokes seems to have bigger rubber on the front than what I remember.

Hated to see it "modernized" with painted grille, Centerlines, and billet stuff.

4. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

I want to see how it looked like in the 50's and maybe take it back to that look.

5. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

6. Replate the grille, headlight rings and windshield frame that will go a long way to bringing it back.

Oh, and I like the caps - think it needs something bright on the wheels as it has lots of custom touches to the body.

Steve

7. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

My plans exactly, going to have some 50 Olds caps on it soon,