Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Caps are done I just have to flip the whitewalls now..I did it's perfect! 20240408_150440.jpg 20240408_150425.jpg 20240408_145859.jpg 20240227_125250.jpg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
  2. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-3-26_2-7-37.png
    @Gambler 1962

nice photo @themoose

Hello,

Your Ford has a good start to the style. Lowering it definitely would give it some “attitude.” But, as far as what is underneath, the lower you go, the closer you get to scraping status. So, keep in mind about the legal limit of the bottom of the rims.

We have been in the group that liked small to medium size cars. We had thought of one for our son, when he was approaching 16. The goal was to get him to like the smaller 2 door station wagon.
    upload_2024-3-26_2-9-44.png A two door compact station wagon (first car) for our son was our hope… if we bought the small station wagon, it would lower the family driver plan on our insurance and we would have a nice station wagon for needed purposes. If by chance he did not want the station wagon, we would have a nice car for me and the tons of beach activities it would supply.

But, since his friends had all sorts of cars from 4 door sedans to 2 door sporty coupes, he did not want to be the only teenager with a small station wagon, despite the 4 speed and v8 motor installed, including the 5 spoke mag wheels.
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1964-ford-fairlane-wagon-memories.1312403/#post-15173734

Jnaki

upload_2024-3-26_2-11-21.png a Ford Falcon was a great insurance car for a new teenage driver. Plus, it would fit into the "family car usage" category at the time and the cost would have been lower yet.

As all things go, he liked the small sedan, but it was not his choice. We waited several days and then the following week, found a different small sedan he actually liked and it had 17k miles, was black and a 4 speed.

Even with the addition of mag wheels and if needed, nice paint job, he still liked the different black sedan we eventually found for him. (his words, “teenagers just don’t drive red cars”… ha! )

upload_2024-3-26_2-13-27.png The "Black" Falcon version of the 2 door sedan was similar to the actual sporty sedan we found for him.

All Black, highlight pinstriping American 5 Spoke Mags, and a powerful SBF 289 motor+ 4 speed Falcon just was not for him. Although the final sedan we got within a week or so, was a small two door sedan with a 4 speed and a similar look already from the factory. It must have clicked. It was black paint, black seats/interior, and a 4 speed to boot. He kept it for 100k miles and sold it to a friend for $1.00, since times were tough for his friend. YRMV

themoose likes this.
  3. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

@Kellys Hot Rod Parts
    That is one nice '36! Is that white roof paint or a vintage leatherette top?
    If it were my car, I'd go early style custom, but that's just me.

4. I already have this red one the other one I just want different..ps the top has been filled and is in primer...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Rot 'n Kustom likes this.
  5. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

On the pink/white custom. Tri-paint looks good, balanced. Blk w/white inserts next best, wht helps balance back half by making it appear less massive, All blk is good too. Loose the bubble skirts, w/the extended tail/connie-kit. They make the back end way too massive. Fat-bottomed girls... & then some... ? Heck, may as well paint the Dagmars pink, too, front needs a bit of contrast. The old pic of it white w/fogged n faded skirts isn't bad, but bubble skirts w/extended tail is still too large a mass.
    Marcus...

Movinman and lurker mick like this.
  6. I may have gotten carried away...

Hot Rod.jpg

phat rat, swade41, Unclebrad and 3 others like this.
  7. Ohhh Moose that's sweet other than those front whitewalls its spot on brother!

themoose likes this.
  8. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Maybe tow bar brackets instead of the nerf bars.

Stan Back likes this.
  9. Or a moon tank on that nerf bar brace...The car will be here in about a week ...It will be awsome with our red one....

10. Hot Rod2.jpg

Unclebrad likes this.
  11. Now that is perfect. Im not going to paint it that color blue I like the old washington blue but even my wife loves the car with that look!

12. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

Took me a little while but here's another one.
    56 Packard 01b.jpg

Rot 'n Kustom, themoose and pcbart like this.
  13. vinfab

vinfab

Kelly Hot Rod Parts, I have a suggestion for you. Instead of the Hauling Hunchback, how about Marty Feldman's character Igor from Young Frankenstein, with the words What Hump?

'28phonebooth, y'sguy and Unclebrad like this.
  15. marty-feldman-as-igor-art.jpg Maybe this on the back with What Hump...lol

16. 20240408_150440.jpg 20240408_150407.jpg 20240408_125036.jpg 20240408_145814.jpg 20240408_150333.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    Cooon, Peanut 1959 and Unclebrad like this.
  17. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

When you post pictures, please select full size images for all pictures. TIA

18. cdcrowell

cdcrowell

IMG_0352.jpg

could some one change the wheels to red thanks in advance

19. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

20. Iwheels.jpg

21. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

. . . and now take off the door handle scratch plate and the fuel tank one, too.

22. 2.jpg

Unclebrad likes this.
  23. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

24. silent rick

silent rick

this is a screen shot of a pair of headers hanging on kiwi kev's shop wall. i like how they angle slightly rearward but not how they eventually dump straight down.
    can we remove the bolt on collector and add a two into one that continues to angle back instead of dumping straight down? make the final piece a 3 or 3.5 inch collector to bolt on an exhaust pipe?

Screenshot 2024-04-18 074327.png

25. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure, if you have some extra bends laying around. If you can imagine it, it can be built.

26. Unclebrad

Unclebrad

27. Here's another version
    1.jpg

silent rick and Unclebrad like this.
  28. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I'm curious as to whether the paint or coating on the headers is heat proof or at least resistant. The only white I've ever seen is flat.
    What say @Kiwi Kev ?

29. LarsL

LarsL
    from Norway

I need someone to go to town on a 59 mercury 2 door. Would like to see several options. Like scallops, flaked roof, different wheels(steel or Supremes) The car is currently Black but i dont have pics of the actual car.
    Theres not a lot of kustoms made of this model, maybe for a reason but i think this could be cool! Heres one image found online to work on,

Attached Files:

30. Minor dechrome and some nice caps and a paint highlight to stretch out the taillights...
    1959-mercury-monterey.jpg