Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Other Moonglow

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hey,I didn't mean to suggest it didn't happen,just that goin' that low isn't y cup o' tea is all.Beautifull cars,I just wouldn't go that low if they were mine.Talkin' 'bout my taste,not questioning tradition.No offence intended
    Paul

2. Wouldn't the 'adjustable suspension' simply have been hydraulic rams?

Probably rode terrible, but looked killer!

Great that a custom hauled arse as well. :)

3. Shawn M

Shawn M

I've always loved this car! However, that photoshop looks pretty impressive, especially the reworked rear wheelwells to match the front.

4. Boris, look at the quote above yours for the answer;)

5. baldtireman

baldtireman

There used to be a 54 in the Greenville,Pa. area like this car maybe 25-30 years ago. The owner had 2 cars that he showed regularly. Then, they disappeared. Anybody know where the went? John S.

6. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

I thought that was pretty kool that despite the car's radical lowness and kustom appearance on the outside it was actually more of a strip car with a radical built inliner and a gutted interior with a tonneau cover.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

This Chevy has always been one of my favorites! I even dug the cover layout on the magazine with it running vertical... It always just seemed to stand out from the rest. When Ryan did his question a couple of weeks ago about the favorite '49 -'52 Chevys, this car is the one that popped in my head first. Of course, being a '53, it didn't meet the criteria for that post - but damn this thing is cool. I never have understood customs, at all. To me what is the point of doing a ton of work that doesn't make it faster or handle better? Makes no sense. This car is one of the few that successfully blurs the line between hot rod and custom, and I believe did it better than any other.

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Not necessarly. Cadillac had Air ride back then as well.

9. Doesn't sound like something you could do at the traffic lights! :D

10. billys54

billys54

i love this car.

11. 'Mo

'Mo

I know this is an old thread, but I feel that this picture deserves to be here.

[​IMG]

12. Time to see if there is any new info/pictures about the Hoffman car! I still want to clone this thing with my 54.

13. verde742

verde742

how in the hell do you flip shackles "over" and do nuthing to the front and end up that low..?

Also how do we "know Moonglow was wrecked and crushed" back story please, where. when, ? details?

14. My guess it was not shackles but axle over spring.

15. b-bob

b-bob

As I remember, someone saw it on the scrap pile and actually saved one of the vent window glasses.

16. verde742

verde742

from the factory the axle was over the springs..? I am waiting..?

17. You are right, I did the drop on mine so long ago that I don't even know what is under it after 10 years! I did mean to type that I bet he had big lowering blocks or de-arched springs!

18. 'Mo

'Mo

Verde742,
    This car was widely reported in magazines to have "adjustable suspension", but no details were ever given. Flipping the shackles was not the means of lowering the car, but rather of raising the rear for ground clearance.