Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The official thread of photos of classic vehicles seen in the wild or being used?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by strnge, Feb 8, 2015.

1. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

So Its just a rumor that greybeards don't enjoy WOT like they used too
    Nice truck!
    Running what? And how fast?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. How about a Deuce 4 door used to get snow skiers up the hills! HRP

[​IMG]

3. 355" small block. High 12s low 13s still spinning the tires at half track.

Not bad for a 4,000 pound pickup that was getting driven every day. I put 80K on that truck before I pulled the motor and tranny and the truck went to its next owner.

lothiandon1940 and volvobrynk like this.
  4. Geronimo's Cadillac?,In actuality the car was a most likely a 1904 Locomobile but Micheal Murphys song sure wouldn't be the same called Geronimo's Locomobile. HRP

[​IMG]

lothiandon1940 and Dave Mc like this.
  5. nice! and it looks like your wearing the same t-shirt in your avatar photo.

6. Not much of a hot rod, but this is my Truck. Used as a Truck. It's a '51 GMC one ton with 43k original on the clock. 228/4spd and 5.38:1 rear gears. It was the back up truck at a small town feed store (1951-1983) down the road from me.

gmc dump bed.JPG

7. Its a bit of a parts pile but it pulls its weight and then some

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    Kustomkid, LeoH, volvobrynk and 3 others like this.
  8. How is this one:rolleyes: Hauling my 32 frame!:cool:
    004.JPG TODAY 019.JPG

charleyw, Gary Reynolds, LeoH and 3 others like this.
  9. Good eye I think. Yes it is one of the old porknbean magazine shirts. I wonder where that shirt is today, I'll have to dig it out. ;)

10. really neat truck, sorry that your hawg broke though. :D :D :D

I have been looking for a solid jail bar to build a country truck for my sis she was born in '46. I always loved those old fords.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. PnB,

Wasn't my bike (this time), I was running sweeper for a local charity poker ride, Barney Fife with the MHP was having a bad day. That's me standing next to the truck keeping my hands out of my pockets and trying not to make any sudden moves...

12. strnge

strnge

North of Hagerstown, Md

Seen in the wild.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. strnge

strnge

My Christmas tree hauler.

Attached Files:

LeoH likes this.
  14. cool! have you ever put it on the roof?

15. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Here is my "old car" being used as it is meant 232323232fp733;6-nu=8737-;92-25--WSNRCG=338;6;49-;34;nu0mrj.jpg to be

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

17. missysdad1

missysdad1

Well, since you asked... Here's my daily driver '64 El Camino beater on a typical day, hauling wood from the back pasture to the house to be split for winter firewood. People ask me when am I going to restore it? My answer: "Never..."

IMG096.jpg

18. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That is from the space age, HAMB illegal by 4 years. But they stay unchanged in production from 60/61 and until 1976 when they moved to India, and stayed unchanged 1980, and they only changed minor stuff. So I could call it semi-HAMB-friendly '64.

Its a 300ci bedford diesel, 5speed (5direct) hypoid rear (aposed to 2speed), pto and 3way tipper. 69 Bedford J5, meaning 6 ton load capacity.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  19. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here is my '58 GMC earning his space in the garage extension I was building over the last months...the personnel at the supply stores always look a bit surprised when I tell them to just load everything in the bed of the truck - but isn't that what it was made for in the first place?

IMG-20141016-00191.jpg
    IMG-20141025-00196.jpg

20. I heard the sudden moves thing, if you think it is bad now you should have been riding when everyone was an outlaw. :D

21. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Here is my '61 Plymouth right after I bought it home from Dallas. I got it running and drove it to Harrison AR and did this photo op. I asked permission to drive up this mountain and coming back down I thought I had bought the farm. Loose gravel and bad brakes are a deadly combination.

Attached Files:

• 028.JPG
      028.JPG
      File size:
      256.8 KB
      Views:
  22. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Not only is it rare to see a 58 Jimmy, but one as beautiful that's still earning it's keep. That freaking.
    STD is stade? West of a Hamburg? I believe my wife and I spend a night there before going to Helgoland.

Again beautiful, use them and enjoy!! Or you could have born a station wagon!!

23. Helge71

Helge71
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks! Yes, STD is for Stade, close to Hamburg...
    A nice late 50s/early 60s Station Wagon is definitely still on the bucket list...

czuch and volvobrynk like this.
  24. 58 chev.jpg This 58 was my work truck for 3 years here in Chicago. It had been a Bedroom on a Hippie ranch in Kansas for many years. It still had some purple shag carpet inside when I got it in '92

czuch and volvobrynk like this.
  25. LOL that's called a Commune. :D
    Used to be one in the Ozarks ( actually its still there, they grow some awesome ganja for export to legal states). It was called the U and I Ranch, lots of old beaters still out there but who knows who they belong to. ;)

Cool old hooptie, I may leave some of the shag but be sure to vacuum it really well. Just for posterities sake. ;)

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. strnge

strnge

27. strnge

strnge

Yup! Keep em coming.