Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Official 2014 Meltdown Drags #5 thread, vintage drag meet, July 18,19&20 Byron IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by David Doo, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Danny G

Danny G

That is a big Ford truck scoop

2. powrshftr

powrshftr

That car looks like it rolled straight out of 1965 Danny.
    Nice job!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Guys,
    Since I have finally awoken from resting after the 5 days of being in Byron ( most of the rest of the crew can say the same) LOL. Just wanted to personally THANK all of you for attending, supporting, promoting, helping, contributing, and spreading the word to the RIGHT guys who 'Get it'. As we have said from day #1 the Meltdown is and always be more than a race....it is a rememberance, paying tribute to our elders, and hopefully making them smile down from above, the stands, or while watching on their computer if they could not attend.
    Let's not EVER forget we would not be doing this if we were not looking back at them, and what they did!
    The MDA is STRONG, in fact there are some of the BEST guys I have ever known involved in it. And some new ones who have nothing but SHOCKED me with their dedication, enthusiasm and help when they were needed. As Dan Lau said "Koop I am not leaving my post, someone needs to be here and hold this line!"
    Right on brother!

All of us involved in this put our hearts and souls into the event, for the racers and fans. So after some of the facebook dumbness it was easy for several of us to get ruffled feathers (not at you all) but at the same people who bitch where ever they go. New shopping center - why didn't they paint it blue, Just got a rasie - wasn't enough, you know these people. A calm came over me when I realized....95% of people are pleased, love the event, and GET IT. We are going to make the rules more CLEAR for new attendee's and ensure they are clear for all. But I am a strong believer in tradition. The Meltdown started with the ORGINAL 30....these were the original 30 cars that showed up...short notice.
    The basic rules have been in place and worked fine since then. I won't go into them here. But they have been revised while I was relaxing, and there is not MAJOR changes to them, some fine tuning and clarification. But that is all. My comment about "testing the rules" was directed at cars with stutter boxes or other things that are clearly spelled out in the rules. Stutter boxes sound like SHIT. We want driver SKILL not computer accuracy. Worried that much about your ET....GO TO ANOTHER TRACK not the MD. Anyway, the goal is and always has been to get the look correct from the stands. While we ENCOURAGE everyone to go by a reproduction Sun Tach, to replace the monster tach, we realize it takes time. The guys who are truly into the look and really get the 60's vibe are changing them and will change them. The entire goal of the MDA - TO PROMOTE VINTAGE DRAG RACING and the look, feel, and ways from the past!
    Again, we will have rules posted soon, and we do ask that you help educate, enforce, and HELP others so they get the look right. Pre-registration will not start until after Xmas. Possibly Jan 1st. We will fire the starting pistol Jan 1st and let see if we can again crash the email account due to the flood of entries.
    Once again - this group on here is like a family and to be crystal clear, the whinning came from those that may have never built, fought, sweat, and bled for something. You all have done just that building your cars, making long drives, and helping others.....as Kip stated "the MDA is always watching" and we truly see and try to recognize the ones who get it. THANK YOU guys and get ready for 2015.......as always these old dogs have some tricks up our sleeves yet!

beebee78, 9sectruck, plumbid and 4 others like this.
  4. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Well said Eric. You get the rear end fixed on the '55 yet?

5. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Or in the Pontiac world a "Beswick scoop"!!

powrshftr and saltflats like this.
  6. powrshftr

powrshftr

Gotta love the Farmer. :)

Scott

redlineracer42 likes this.
  7. Grew up in Morrison....home of The Farmer hisself...

8. HEY!, Jeff Koopensmasher! Just want you to know my wounds are healing nicely, though the stitches were a bitch. The booboo you caused to my heart..,well, I had to go see the Wizard of Oz for a new one, and even that bastard said hurtful things to me, wanting to know if I could get him a Yesterdays Child shirt with the driver Marc Panneton's autograph! How much abuse can a brother take! Anyway, hope your working on a plan for some more muscle, that way Eric can hook up the linkage to his other carburetor, and not take a winters hibernation on the tree!

30dodgeboy likes this.
  9. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

You know Spencer Knox?

10. kinda...been to his shop many times back in the day,have many pals that know him but I cant say we are pals...

11. Okiedoker

Okiedoker
    from Wisconsin

Hey Ric-

I didn't think I would hit such a deep nerve...can I get one of those signed shirts from Marc as well?

No plans for more muscle for next year...just plan to fry some Canadian Bacon.

55belairx2 likes this.
  12. powrshftr

powrshftr

Canadian Bacon...?

Jokes about my weight now....?

That really stings.....I'm just gonna be over here in the corner,sobbing and eating a gallon of Rocky Road ice cream all by my self.:(

Emotionally,

Scott

Oh,I almost forgot:

The only thing the Hokey Croaker is going to be "frying" is the tires and/or clutch,as you try in vain to catch the Shaker,as it rapidly disappears down track!:D

Xoxo

13. Hey Scott, have you noticed that the Meltdown club members are being very hush hush, & top secret about the preparation of their cars for next year. I believe they are adapting the "walk quietly, and carry a big stick" philosophy. I got that confused this year, I talked big and carried a quiet stick. Ok now mums the word..,for at least an hour anyway.

14. powrshftr

powrshftr

Lmao!

Ric,you are a trip Brother!:)

And yes,I have a feeling that there are going to be some very serious cars being driven by MDA members.

When Kip gets the Black Mamba straightened out the shit is gonna hit the fan,Koop is sure to be set on "kill" for next year,and I do believe you are correct.....The Okie Doker is suspiciously quiet...TOO quiet if ya ask me!

I smell a rat......Or at the very least,one reeeeeal serious mouse!;)

It's gonna be a Battle Royale next year Boys!:D

Scott

15. Kip's car is definitely bad ass! I was always a fat fender guy, but have really come to appreciate the earlier cars, and Kip's is one my favorites, something about its sillouete in my rear view mirror just moves me.

16. powrshftr

powrshftr

Oooooh...!!!!

And,it begins...!:D

Kip,are you out there..?Looks like Ric is fanning the flames of the North vs South battle already...

I think us Northern boys are comin' loaded fer bear next year Ric!

One thing is for sure:

It's gonna be a gear-slammin,wheelie pullin,tire smokin good time for racers and fans both,the likes of which have not been seen since the heyday of drag racing back in the 60's....!:D

Scott

II FUNNY likes this.
  17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am loving all the smack talk. Can't wait to go to this event next year.

30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  18. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

OUCH!
    The fate of the Vicky is undecided. I picked up a smaller car, and I'm thinking it will be a drag only car and the Vicky will become a hot rod driver.

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

19. Smaller! GULP! RUT ROH..,what did ya get, the suspense is nawing away at me.

20. Hmmmm.., maybe.., an AUSTIN!? You've been perv'n over them on your Facebook page

II FUNNY likes this.
  21. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I have yet to meet anyone who regretted coming.

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

22. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Yeah, an Austin. Right now it's a big project, but I'm optamistic on it being at the 2015 Meltdown....
    This is my inspiration.

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

Attached Files:

9sectruck and 30dodgeboy like this.
  23. BITCHEN! I was hoping that was it. Is that it, the red car in the pics? You still going injected,or putting a blower on it? Man, that is exciting, let me know how I can help.

24. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I wish.lol
    Its a rough little stocker. Injected, and built to the S.E.G.A. rules. I already called Quain to see what was and wasn't acceptable. Its going to be a bare bones, if it don't need it it aint gettin it build...

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015

30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  25. powrshftr

powrshftr

Every single car you build is progressively more badass!

Can't wait to see that little monster at next years Meltdown!:)

Scott

30dodgeboy and II FUNNY like this.
  26. Single leaf with wishbones, or parallel? Your Big block, or small block? What trans?

27. powrshftr

powrshftr

I'm guessing angry small block and 4-spd if he's gonna run with Quain's guys.:)

Scott

28. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Parallel leaves, my BBC and trans out of the Vicky. I'm not looking to be top of the heap, but I'm not bringing another rubber knife to the North vs South gun fight.lol

Meltdown Drags
    July 17,18,19 2015