Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. tommyflathead

tommyflathead

Good on ya Cam, merry Christmas and to all on this post !!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Boys , I am sorry I haven't been on here for a while as I was waiting for a new part for the computer . All fixed now, I will start with a big thanks to everybody who contributed to our little forum. When Geoff started to document our adventure at building an old style hot rod I never thought that it still going strong as ever, Geoff has captured our lives and all the people that have come to be in our little hot rod family, seeing my grand children growing around our hobby gives me lots of pleasure and the energy flows all around my life. So to all the gang I wish all of you to have the best year for 2015 and keep building hot rods and always have time to show the young ones how to build these cool old jalopy rods.

3. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Tony, good to see you.
    I don't know about this thread going as strong as ever. I think Facebook and Instgram are taking away a lot of people that may have been interested in seeing what we are doing.
    Having said that I will persevere a bit longer with this.
    Tony I had a vist from Darren and one of his daughters ( Marly ) this morning. He said he is still gathering together bits and pieces for you.
    As they were in the '32 and I had all the cars out , I got him to pull into the driveway for some shots.
    I had the cars out because I want to get the pickup onto the hoist, to do the frontend bushes.
    Tony I hope you have liked the shots I have been posting of how your '34 3W could look.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Outback, 509garyd and Wardog like this.
  4. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Those shots are timeless Geoff, the nappa coupe was getting build by Darren's Dad and now we got the job to finish it. R.I.P. Nick.

5. Cool pictures Geoff. Hope everyone had a good Christmas. I spotted a cool black Aussie '34 coupe with red wheels and interior at a servo on the Geelong ring road when we stopped for lunch on the way back from Melbourne on boxing day, I didn't get to speak to the owner though (they were not with the car). Anyway have a good new year everyone and I'll see some of you guys at the Port fairy run (if not before).

6. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Mitch. A very quiet Xmas here, just the way I like them.
    Yesterday was a day to work on the pickup. Although Garry dropped in, in his coupe. So I thought I had best get a shot of it with Tony's coupe.

[​IMG]

Then as you saw from the images in my previous post, Darren dropped in, in his coupe.
    So when there was no one around I got stuck into the bushes on the frontend of the pickup. I finished them off this morning. God I love my hoist.
    So with the cars out again today, I took some shots. Here is one I took and a shot from '59 in Port Fairy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Wardog, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  7. Wardog

Wardog

Geoff, I think this thread is great. I may not have a lot to contribute but I love checking in to see what's been happening every couple of days. I also try to leave the contributions up to Tony and yourself as much as possible. Sometimes it's better to listen.

8. Wardog

Wardog

Well it's not exactly flat out around here. So here's a photo from a couple of days ago when Gazza and Hutch came over to spoil our kids. SC20141230-090737-1.jpg

509garyd likes this.
  9. Cool pics wardog, here is a pic of myself and Shane (Peterbilt) enjoying a Christmas beer in the Kaldowns Hotrod Shop Bar. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1419892193.014161.jpg

10. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Crazy weather we are having here at the moment. I just can't get motivated to do much. Hopefully the rest of the week will get better, as I don't go back to work until next Monday.
    So I have done a bit more to one of the images I showed a page or 2 back.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Wardog and 509garyd like this.
  11. Wardog

Wardog

I agree about the weather, the fluctuating temperature is not the best but the wind is driving me crazy. But I have been in the shed this morning working on the old mans F100.

12. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

The Port Fairy event is coming up again very fast.

13. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Today is nice and calm. Plenty to do and family are down to visit and hoping to celebrate the new years with a family BBQ. Geoff you are a master at doing these photos the cassar cars together, I forget about the nappa coupe then 'BAM' there it is in all its glory, can't wait to lowlid that coupe, Geoff if you are bored come down here and relax with us as all the lowlid kids will be coming today. Wardog why don't you and Gaza come down for the run, Gary looking good there behind the bar mate, we will have a talk at the run. And Simon see you soon, boy this year has gone fast.

14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Tony.
    It has been a glorious day down here also. No wind to speak of. I don't like the wind at the best of times.
    Thankyou for the offer to come and visit, but I will decline, there are things I need to do here. I probably won't do the things I should be doing, but you get that.
    Today I have been messing with Miss Victoria. I had the rocker covers off and cleaned up the rocker gear. Tomorrow I will probably pull the intake, remove the valley cover and have a clean up under there. I think from what I found under the rocker covers and will find in the valley, the heads will becoming off very soon.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
    Outback and 509garyd like this.
  15. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Feels like only yesterday I was down your way last.

509garyd likes this.
  16. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Yeah Tony, doing these photochops lets my creative ( ? ) mind run wild.
    It was good to have Spencer T drop in and pose for a shot sitting on the running board of the Nappa coupe. His cheecky grin can't help but make one smile.
    Then I had to go back in time to '93 to put the Nappa coupe in that shot with Wizzie's Merc, your coupe and my coupe. It's a neat shot, but don't blow it up, as the Nappa coupe will become very distorted.
    Next it was to organise to get the SoCal coupe out to Carol and Frank's.
    Ok I need to go and do some work on Miss Victoria.
    I hope you all have a great 2015.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd likes this.
  17. lowlids

lowlids
    from australia

Geoff thanks for sending me the present , got it yesterday and thanks to Garry for making the sign, trying to find a good spot for it, and the pin striping looks spot on mate. I had two of my nephews in the shed today and they wanted to hear the compact running so we messed with it for a few hours, then they wanted to go for a run it, so I let them take it for a spin around the beach, there faces lit up when I then took my youngest sister and her sons girlfriend for a run in the roadster, the best thing I did to start the new year, it was really fun. Geoff those shots you do always amaze me all the time, Thanks for your work mate.

509garyd likes this.
  18. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

No problems on the sign Tony. Gary was the one that got them happening.
    Hopefully next week I will get the calenders, I am having done. I think they are going to be real neat.
    I have been playing around with the Victoria again today.
    I took a few shots earlier and then looked back on the shots I have taken whilst I have been off for Christmas. So I decided to upload them and post them here for you to see. They are just general shots whilst I have been messing with the hot rods and had them outside. They are probably of no real interest to most people, but I think you will enjoy them Tony. Especially because you 5W features in many of them. Enjoy.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    Wardog likes this.
  19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Some more.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wardog likes this.
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Last lot.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

63fdsnr, Outback and Wardog like this.
  21. Kool pics Whodaky, I am sure Tony is not the only that likes checking in your pics and updates, by the way love the triples going on to the Vicki... ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420178110.136068.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420178129.422034.jpg

22. That's a real old skool motor in that Vicki Geoff, my Father always told me there were only 3 motors he had a real passion for "Y" Blocks, flatheads and if he had to pick a later model motor it was a Windsor...

23. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420181937.439413.jpg

24. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey Gary. Thanks for the kind words.
    At this stage I won't be fitting the triples on Miss Victoria's Y block. That will happen later, along with a set of T-Bird rocker covers I scored a while back..
    Thankyou for showing us some of your collection of parts. You have a pretty good stash.
    I just had the brushes out, adding to another 'whodaky' on my hoist. It's a warm evening here. I have all the doors and windows in the garage open and the sweep fan spinning. Some Blues playing and the paint flowing, surrounded by all my hot rods and stuff.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  25. 63fdsnr, fuzzybear and Outback like this.
  26. @Spoggie, I saw a car today that you would have dug. An fx speedway rig, looked like it had a fair bit of use too (sorry didn't get a pic for you). have a good un.

sent via classroom note. pass it on

Spoggie likes this.
  27. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Nice work Spoggie. If we ever meet I tell you what I see in the late afternoon at Middlleton. My mind tends to run free, so I am seeing a lot.
    You have a good new year also.
    Hey Mitch good to see you.
    Is pretty hot here today already, I think we are in for the big temps that were down that way yesterday Tony.
    So I am not doing any work on the cars. They all could do with a wash, but it's even to hot out for that.
    I am in here with the garage all closed up, apart from one open window. The sweep fan is happening and it's not real bad in here.
    I think I will just mess around with images on the computer for a while.
    Tony this may have been back in early '59, when a couple of your Adelaide mates came for a visit.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    Spoggie and 63fdsnr like this.
  28. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I just added another color to the mess of lines I am working on, on the hoist at the moment.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

29. I sure wish I could pinstripe like that Geoff, here are a couple of my poor attempts...

Attached Files:

30. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hey GaryD, you have to start somewhere. It took me a real lot of practise initially and many years of experience to get to the level I am at today. I don't consider myself a natural at it or by any means great at it. But I think I can hold my own and create some interesting 'whodakys'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK, it's a lot cooler here this morning. We even had some light rain overnight. I am back to work tomorrow, so today I will get all the cars back in their places in the garage.
    I thought I would see if Tony's 5W would fit in his garage. It seems to.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear likes this.