Register now to get rid of these ads!

The last Grasp Special '34 3 window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Wardog

Wardog

Slammed and chopped takes the cake! Bails' roadster really does have perfect proportions, I love that it does so with less desirable / odd pieces like the 21 stud engine and the early a grille shell.

Big Daddy Choppitt and 509garyd like this.
  2. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the reply Wardog. I agree, that '27 roadster is a great hot rod.
    Here's a cover featuring the late Jim Ewing's Superbell coupe. One of my all time favorite hot rods.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

3. Hey Geoff glad to hear the fund raising went/is going well. I've done the bunnings snag thing for charlie's kinder and it's surprising how many we sold, had to restock a couple of times on the day. Wish your niece luck on her bike ride, I hear that victoria to tassie leg is quite difficult on a bike lol.

Anyway I've had a fairly hectic weekend. I drove up to Echuca on Saturday morning and stayed at Mum and Dad's place. We went and had a look at the shepparton shake out rockabilly festival when I got there. We were going to take Dad's Torana for a drive to the show but when we started it we found that the radiator had a split lower tank. We didn't stay at the show for very long as Mum and Dad aren't fans of rockabilly music and just wanted to have a look at the cars, of which there weren't a hell of a lot. So we had a look around the show and shine area then sat and had a beer and listened to the last couple of songs from a band (I didn't catch their name) and watched the dancers. Then we went to visit my cousin who has just bought her first home close by in shepparton. On the way back to Mum and Dad's house we made a stop (the real reason I made the trip in the first place) to check out and ultimately buy, the next addition to my very small stable of cars. An XP falcon sedan (my first ford, for which I will cop hell from family and friends I'm sure, being raised with holdens). All the mechanicals seemed to be fairly good, started first kick. Body wise it is reasonably solid with some rust in the bottoms of the doors and lower quarter panels. The seats will need to be retrimmed or replaced. The plan is to basically do what needs doing for roadworthy and bomb around in it for a while, whilst I work on the chev. [​IMG]

tommyflathead and 509garyd like this.
  4. Wardog

Wardog

Fuzzybear did you buy the XP from Kyabram?

5. Well done FB it looks really good.
    XK - XP Falcons are a favourite model of mine, I have had many them over the years including a couple of coupes and a Convertiable at one stage, BTW the V8 ford Windsor conversion is a real simple one as well for them, if you ever decide to go down that track?

Geoff, really glad to hear all about your day at Bunnings, what you and your family did is for a really good cause...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. A couples of pics from the Berwick swap yesterday and Queenscliff today.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. Thanks Gary, it looks alot better in the pic than in real life but should be fun to cruise around in. And yes I have researched the v8 swap lol but she'll be keeping the neck snapping 170 for the time being. A brake upgrade will probably be on the cards in case I do feel the need for more power later on.

509garyd likes this.
  8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Yeah the BBQ went well. Sold nearly 900 sausages in bread and a couple of hundred drinks. But Nikki had done her homework and catered for what we had. It worked out almost perfectly time wise as well.
    FB, the Falcon looks great and will be the perfect family cruiser for events. Tony will be able to give you a lot of advice. As he has built a number of these over the years.

Geoff aka whodaky

9. swifty

swifty

Good looking Falcon FB. #2 son has had one for 23 years (first car) but it's spent the last 10 years stored in a container here while he works OS. We rebuilt a 250 for it and also fitted a synchro 3 speed which helped him lots in Melbourne traffic. He reckoned it was much more responsive with the 250 and he used to enjoy passing cars coming up the hills out of Melbourne. It could do with some rust repairs and a paint and trim job now.

Enjoy cruising in yours FB.

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  10. Good to know Geoff as I am a complete novice when it comes to early falcons.

Thanks swifty.

11. Whodaky
    McGafficks looks like the place to be hey!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

509garyd likes this.
  12. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

It does Gary. Tony was driving his old coupe. Tom was steering his shiny coupe with Ethan as navigator and I was driving the bus as the backup.
    It was a hell of an adventure!!!. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
    Ah ha FB. I'm just a complete novice, but I manage to muddle through.
    Hey Peter, thankyou for reply.

Geoff aka whodaky

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's a new cover I just completed.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

14. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another real quick cover.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  15. That green coupe's mean as hell.

16. Hey Whodaky
    Glad to see someone was in charge of the bus, what a trip hey!!!!
    The green three window, a picture tells a thousand words, first one being -------------?

tommyflathead and 509garyd like this.
  17. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

FuzzyBear, If it helps Google Fishop Falcons. I have dealt with him before and he is a good bloke if you need parts. Just over the border from you as well. Drop my name if you like as he knows me well.

18. Thanks mate, I'll check him out.

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thankyou for the responses guys.
    Yes that green 3W is a great looking hot rod.
    Here's a new cover, featuring T models. Makes a change from '32 and 34's, I hear some of you say!

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Drewfus, fuzzybear, 509garyd and 2 others like this.
  20. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I do like early open wheel race cars. Here's a quick cover featuring one.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  21. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Ok how about some more race cars, but more in the hot rod vein.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

Drewfus, fuzzybear and 509garyd like this.
  22. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Here's another one in the series'to chop or not to chop'?
    Thankyou GaryD. They were neat simple covers.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

509garyd and fuzzybear like this.
  23. Futura Fish nice shop Bear F. We 200 Ivy everywhere dirt road went in with parchment Alice green & an picnic thru radio auto Towed. mud the van from Alice Springs. (Bullit)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    fuzzybear likes this.
  24. Yeah spoggie, seems it's one of those cars that everyone remembers from their youth. Either their folks had one or an uncle or something.

25. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Thanks for the replies guys.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

26. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

I really like this image in the servo. Except for the late model fuel pumps. But they were going to be to hard to change. But I didn't want to change the date on the cover to something in the era of the fuel pumps. I did lower the 3W when I placed it in the driveway of the gas station.

Geoff aka whodaky

[​IMG]

27. Whodaky
    Awesome cover, we need to know a bit more about the bus trip with Tony, Tommy, Ethan and yourself from Mc Gafficks servo?