Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Hot Rod Bustle - San Antonio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TudorJeff, Nov 5, 2013.

1. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Were kinda pumped about the weather this weekend. It's going to be cold and brisk out on the track! Thankfully the band stage and dance floor is enclosed in a nice huge barn with all kinds of cool memorabilia and stuff inside. The event is going to be fun fun fun!

Plus Friday night we start the party at Bexar Bones Garage with a movie, a cruise, and a chance to donate a tree, or some decorations, or some presents to those that don't have so much.

This photo shows the general lay of the land and how big the event area actually is...

[​IMG]

2. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Is the show still going on with the weather in the area?

3. wino01

wino01

Great show and a great bunch of guys. I have never felt more welcome at any car gathering. We had a blast this weekend and will be back. Jeff, Chris, Jesus and Abraham, Bexar Bones Garage and The Lone Star Lords threw a bad ass party that will be hard to beat. If you didn't make the show, you missed a great opportunity to meet some of the coolest cats in the hot rod circle. Thanks again guys and we will be back to party with y'all again!!!

4. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Post your pictures Wino

5. wino01

wino01

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1386555422.802458.jpg Me and my brother in the race. The starter fried and I had to hand crank it!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I really should write a bunch of stuff, and thank a bunch of folks, and post a bunch of pictures and videos. But if I did, it still wouldn't do justice to the weekend.

I just have to ask you.. if you are reading this.. to think back to a time when hot rods REALLY got you excited. Think of the first time you went to a traditional hot rod show and saw a car or something at the event that made the hair stand up on the back of your neck. Think about the first time you were surrounded by people that actually "got it". Real Hot Rodders.

Over the course of 48 hours we saw some old friends, made some great new friends, drank some real moonshine, saw a movie about moonshine, donated some Christmas trees, decorations, and gifts to the needy, played with some fake moonshine, thrashed some real hot rods in the dirt, ate some good BBQ, heard some killer music, and froze our asses off.

I haven't personally felt that way since the first time I went to the Hunnert Car Pileup, or walked through the grounds at the Symco Shakedown, or drove into one of the very early Lone Star Roundups. I'd do it again this weekend if I could.

Not only am I thankful for the real hot rodders from San Antonio that supported and put this event together, but also appreciative and thankful for the real hot rodders from Laredo, Houston, and the other surrounding areas that braved the weather and made the drive to our little dirt track out in the sticks.

7. I_am_who_I_am

I_am_who_I_am

Well put Jeff, I think you nailed it.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Jeff, Just wanted to thank you folks for the hospitality to a couple of strangers from Connecticut. It was a blast hanging out with everyone at the shop, and the real moonshine was an unexpected treat. The next day it was great to see the hot rods on the dirt track...what a neat concept! Will be sending a pack of prints for you guys, and enough extras so you can sell some as well at your next events. Thanks again, Peg and Hugh MacDonald

9. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I'm going to have to make it next time

10. seatex

seatex

Yep, I should have tried harder to make it....................looks like we missed a good one!

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

12. TheFish

TheFish

Yet another reason to move south!

13. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Ok I totally missed this the first time around, hope to catch it next year, sounds like a good time.