Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects the coupe from half moon farms

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by I SMELL SMOKE, Aug 2, 2008.

1. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

nothing new right now. been busy and just have not found any time to work on it the last few weeks.

2. pcterm2

pcterm2

all i can say is that thing is killer-keep up the good work

3. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Anything new...are you gonna make the billetproof show

4. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

I've been working on the floors. its sure taking me longer than i thought. I'm still shooting for billet proof but we will see.

5. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Any new pics of the floors....im getting ready to dive in on my floors

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Great build! I sure hope to see you at Billetproof.....

7. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well im not finished but heres some pics of my floor i wanted to rivet it in. boy it takes alot longer to rivet it in than i thought. i like the look though [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i got a test fit of my new headers from gear drive. [​IMG]

9. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

LOOKS AWESOME...you know how I love some attention to detail.....wow!

10. lorodz

lorodz

sweet ...keeep it up ...coming along nicely

11. TimDavis

TimDavis

Looking good. Working out the pedals and clutch linkage is a hassle...but well worth it. I have some templates/pics I can FW you for mechanical linkage that we run in the cars if you like...

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Wow, that's cool! Love the pipes...

13. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Ya, you guna make it?
    [​IMG]

14. kisam

kisam

Wow! Very nice work.

15. swimeasy

swimeasy

I love that floor, man, very cool indeed!!

16. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

ill be there but ill probably have to hitch a mule to the front of the car to get it there!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  17. Looking sweet, the stance is right on!!:)

18. Awesome, just flat out awesome....... I love this car, awesome attention to detail...... Perfect chop, perfect stance, the exact car I have built in my head a thousand times right down to the Hemi and multiple carbs..... Keep up the good work....

James

19. Hey man, I appreciate all the compliments you made on the build thread of my coupe and I have been watching your build since day one and have not said any thing about yours yet. Today I thought I'd let you know how much I'm enjoying your build, first off, when I look back at the stance and the High Boy look you have I thought to myself, good god, That looks a lot like my coupe. Then I see some one post some thing about lowering the rear and was fearing the out come, glad you didn't change that. I think it looks like it should or at least that is my opinion, I moved mine up and down a bazillion times and there's just something about the high boy look that to me is totally awesome, well maybe that's just me.

Now what you did in preparation for the floors with that see thru plastic was just fucking brilliant, wish I had thought of that, and if you don't mind, I think I will do the same, sure makes for a simple pattern.

In another thread somewhere Isaac "White Devil" was talking to Hot Turkey about being inspired by each others build and yes, when we see something that peeks our interest we tend to do the same thing although sometimes with our own twist to it.

Having said all that, I just want to say I think your just doing a fantastic job there and the coupe is looking killer.

Merry Christmas from my family to yours.:)
    Grits

20. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

Grits thanks for the complimints man i think your car is pretty killer too!!!! The plastic pattern was a genuis idea just to bad it wasn't mine!!! Roothawg should get the credit for that one. If i can just find more time,money,and talent i think i might be o.k. Until then i'll just keep pluging along.

21. Bump for ya.

22. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well guys im almost done with the floors i got every thing cut out and almost all of the rivets bucked. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] i had to get my wife to help me buck the rivets. [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

The coupe looks mean from the back end! Great to see you're still at it.

24. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

Looks really good

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Between the cracked window and those wheel wells I don't know how you found the courage to carry on with this project.:rolleyes::)
    Your going to have an awesome hot rod when your finished.

Frank

26. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

im running a t5 with a torque tube drive shaft

27. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Great job!!! I've been following your build for a while now...even have it on my fav's... I really liked the way you did your rear subframe rails... even thought about doing mine like that. I like that banjo too... It's hard to beat an A Coupe on deuce rails... Keep up the good work!!!
    Tom

28. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Totally G-R-E-A-T build. I've been working on my own `30 coupe ... and after a scant 3 years (and a 3" chop) am now driving it. But I'm officially jealous! Your coupe just nails what a Model should look like. Thanks for sharing.

29. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

almost done with the floors!! still have to buck some more rivets when i get the body off but you get the idea. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

30. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Damn man, the coupe was looking good...but now with the floors in it like that? HOLY SHIT....LOOKS KILLER!!! You're doing a great job on this build.