Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Aug 14, 2013.

1. verde742

verde742

are Nauga's easier to catch Now than they were in the 60's, ? Cause they were hard as hell to trap then.. ( almost impossible, 'less you knew someone.......) those hyde's are still valuable IMHO

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:D Actually Naugas are impossible to find now in the wild. They were hunted to near extinction. It's illegal to hunt them now.
    I don't think nauga farming has been very successful either.
    Because of overhunting and due to pressure from groups like PETA it is now easier to get man made nauga hides :D
    I'm just going to use something different altogether. :D:D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2015
  3. AndersF

AndersF

I got some very importend stuff to my build today from Hotrod central louver.
    Did a quick mock up and its look great.

[​IMG]

4. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

IMG_3130.JPG Cuz of cost and the fact it works great,I picked Sunbrella=what is used on bimin boat tops,comes in a lot of colors an at $20 or less a yardx62 its about 1/2 cost or under. Took two yards for this one

5. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

And that top would look good on Larry's dark blue RPU ;)

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

How much wind do they catch?
    Do wind wings make a difference in that respect?
    I'm really thinking on making up something for mine as we have wet springs and falls...with moist summers! :D

It's so complicated though. I have a roll bar...and the seats are super low to the floor so the windows will be small.
    I need something that will open like the "Moonkist" /"Sunkist" T's but with the rollbar it will be tough to do.

7. What I plan to do with my roof Bill as I have the roll bar issue too, is do the zip up rear window panel that is slightly wider then the roll bar. My seat belts come off the bar also so where the zip joint goes ,I will some how allow a slot for the belt to fit through. I want my roof to fold down like a proper ragtop does as, like you, we enjoy our liquid sunshine days too throughout the seasons. Looking at your avatar, your screen is a lot lower than mine so you will have extra problems to deal with. I intend to have my top permanently fixed to the car so that it is there when needed without spending time to assemble a frame, fix to the car and then stretch the cover over it if the weather turns. So that also leaves me with another issue, I was going to have the top made using the same sort of fabric the new BMW and Mercedes use with a interior headlining incorporated but obversely, I will be mismatching the time era I want to stick too. Damn, bother and other swear words as I like the look of that new material. :cool::oops::rolleyes:o_O

8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

My windshield is only 9.5" high, so I will definately be making it a bit higher.
    I'm hoping that 12" will do the job as I just reconfigured my interior mounted handbrake setup from having a lever under the drivers seat to being completely under the floor.
    Now I can drop the seats another 1.5" or so. Basicly foam on the floor with thigh bolsters and a seatback!
    This T you sit in! LoL
    I've thought about using a homebuilt fiberglass roof, made to replicate the droop and look of a canvas roof, but being 2 pieces, hinged at the rear main bow, above the rear window.
    That takes the rollbar right out of the equation.
    I've doodled it up and it has potential, but I don't really have time to explore beyond that as I'm trying to get my front suspension relocation finished and the car back to driveable condition.
    Summer is coming quick! :D

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I would worry about making that look right, though

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Yeah...exactly. The whole top idea, soft or fiberglass, is full of issues for me. Raising the windshield, which I'd rather not do. Rollbar interference, which I won't be fixing by removing the rollbar...dozen other things.
    Just typical T Roadster stuff, because one simple change has an effect on a dozen other aspects of the car.
    Maybe I just need a really big hat. LoL

11. missysdad1

missysdad1

Back in the Fad T days REALLY BIG Mexican sombreros were de rigueur in Southern California! What a hoot! I'll betcha Chip can dig up some of the many photos which appeared in the magazines during that time.

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This may be off topic however it is linked to my RPU build. ( A little bit :) )
    Today I picked up a 14x7 V nose aluminum enclosed cargo trailer. Rivet less skin with ramp rear door and torsion axles etc.
    The RPU will ride in it on the way to have the top done. :cool:
    Larry

13. And what about after the RPU is finished, Larry??;)o_O:rolleyes:
    Jeremy:D

14. That there's called a garage expansion! Makes room for the next build! ;-) I used to keep my 24' enclosed trailer stored at the base for $50.00 a month, and I could keep my car in it and with 24 hr. access I could get to it whenever I wanted.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

dana barlow likes this.
  15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

After the RPU is finished I can use it for extra room and, when it comes time to move out to Vancouver Island it will be very much needed. :)

Exactly. I will use it as winter motorcycle storage freeing up some space in the garage.
    Heck I'm even considering lining the whole inside with poly and using it as a paint booth :D
    Parts as small as what the RPU is could easily be painted in it :)

26 T Ford RPU and dana barlow like this.
  16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Did any of you guys post on the thread link I posted? You know your stuff, and I bet the guy still wants to know!

17. I've never bought a trailer that I couldn't find a million uses for!

18. Nope, in fact I feel kinda stupid now because A) I never even noticed the link in the post, and B) for pointing out about the sign saying HAMB because you already had in your original original post. In my defense, all I can say is somehow my eyes skipped those two lines. :oops:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  19. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Volvobrynk: I too missed your link. That "T" was cutting edge back in the day . It got alot of ink in R&C, think it was an Early Times CC car.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  20. verde742

verde742

Good one Blue One, knew I would get some good feedback, been a ruff day, needed a smile. thanks, Bob

21. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

I had a really cruddy day at work today. Everything I tried to do either didn`t work or coudn`t due to faulty parts. The misery of the Self Employed Hot Rod Fabricator. So I said the heck with it. Called up our Fearless Buddy Gary `Steel Rebel` who was in his Motorhome camped out at the Swap Meet, ran down and got him, and took him to our local Hot Rod Cafe (Benny`s in Vancouver ) for a Burger and a Beer. I`m much less inclined to throw my tools across the Shop now..........

See all you other Portland Swap Meet Hoodlums Tomorrow...:D

22. Have fun guys ........ and we want photos or it didn't happen:D:cool::D
    Jeremy

23. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

I'm in hall A in the Expo, space 1377 next to the concessions. Come buy my junk! Or at least say hi.

24. x2

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  25. Yeah, guys, heaps of photo's for us stuck down here heading into winter.
    Your trip over there must be coming up soon Jeremy ?

26. brad2v

brad2v

Wish I coulda made it down...next year.

27. Marc, its coming up too fast:eek::cool:
    Jeremy

whiplash1923T likes this.
  28. 67 days to go for me

whiplash1923T and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  29. Hey Chip, any news on the T? I'm honestly kind of having withdrawal symptoms!

Steve

nitrobrother, Tim_with_a_T and brad2v like this.
  30. Graham, you are off to LARS if im not mistaken. Coool !!:cool::cool:
    Jeremy