Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2009 H.A.M.B. Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 24, 2009.

1. KCsledz

KCsledz

2. Doyle

Doyle

Ryan, thanks for everything , we had a blast!!!
    cheers
    Doyle
    Rumblejetts

3. Firedome

Firedome
    from Austin, TX
    1. THE YAY-HOOS

Yes, Thank you for a very incredible weekend. It was fantastic!!!

4. Nick79

Nick79
    from Austin, TX

Ryan...you and the crew did an amazing job as always. We had a great time and really enjoyed the weekend. Thank you for putting up with all that stress and making this happen.

Nick

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Totally worth the drive to get there. I had a really fun time.

6. Marcy

Marcy

Good times for sure!
    8 hours of sleep in three days---worked hard, played hard, ready to do it again!

Marcy

7. rob lee

rob lee
    from omaha,ne

Nice seeing you Marcy,hope you get your lincoln motor sorted out! See ya down the road... Rob

8. Great time had by me and my sidkick!! A huge thanks to you and all who helped pull it off!! It was a little overwhelming but you did it with class!!!Thanks Ryan

Oh and to the guy from Waylon Mo. with the bar,,,,(my wife says I am an alcoholic too so I cant remember your name) Good to see you and all the people that make it what it was!!! A DANM GOOD TIME!!!!!!!!!

See ya next year!!!!!

9. flamingokid

flamingokid

Lookin' forward to next year.

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

what a great event, my hats off to Ryan and all the volunteers that made it possible.

Oh yeah and thanks Ryan for tha hamb drags sticker cleverly installed on the back window of my truck while I wasnt looking...

11. pecker head

pecker head

Mother Father ! What a weekend ! Over a 1000 miles & 4 states ( went to Kansas for the hell of it ) ! My shitbox coop had no problems , ran 72 -75 except on the the toll road , the speed limit is 75 ,we ran 80 ! Cooked on the grill for ever meal . Met up with a lot of people I met at the 2006 NSRA event at Springfeild , & met a lot of new people ! Plus hung out with all the people I know from TEXAS that are all ready tired of me ! The BEST EVENT I HAVE BEEN TOO THIS YEAR ! THANKS RYAN ............

later Peck

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Can a 65 straight axle Comet run there next year?

13. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I am pretty sure you can run the livin dog fuck out of it, And you will have it made if you do

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

No seriously Mike...tell us how you Really feel...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

It is HAMBer Porkshop and it should be a era perfect powerhouse....thanks Mr. Moriarity I am going to try to be there also next year..

16. AHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......I feel totally cleaned out after attending the 2009 HAMB drags. I wait all year for this and I'm never disappointed. The ol' 55 ford made the trip with ease. LIke Marcy, I'm runnin on about 8 hours sleep, dragged my way through work today after a high voltage weekend of drag racing...will post my own photos after I get some sleep.
    Ryan, it was great to BS with you and "da boys" and your little woman...great weekend!

17. So whatcha gonna bring from your stable? Tell us it'll be the digger. ;-)

18. Crease

Crease

Looks like Root got the Drag-N-Fly runnin alright?! :)

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Kerry it will probably be a spectator trip and a hang out with all you cool animals.

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I knew that damn thing could FLY...........

[​IMG]

21. #### Drive The Livin Dog Fuck Out of It ?? Have I heard that before LMAO >>>>.

22. bad ass time....ran the coupe hard, the lump took a shit in the magneto department but that late after noon run against roothawg in the dragnfly made up for it.....KILLER....being in the chase car for King on his half pass smoker run....
    thanks to eric and the Riley Auto crew, plowboy, kingchassis, Culbertson and the guys from indy.... anyone else that was kickin ass and running for fun....

We will be back...

T.Hilton

23. Crease

Crease

Heck yeah! Proud to say I knew him back when we all ran 14 second quarters with big smiles on our faces! :)

BTW I love that piece, Jeff!

24. Firefly

Firefly

Yep, and us Kiwis were there in 2005, so that definitely makes it international for us! :D

25. monsterflake

monsterflake

now you need to put some air under the back tires to make it even more realistic!

26. Sooooooooo who won what in what class?

27. That's cool, you have such a cool collection, I'd like to see some of it in person. Half a planet away but darned cool! I'm gonna have to plan a west coast trip someday.

28. And you know what, I have made subtle changes like the wheels because of events like this. I know the engine and gear isn't anything close to traditional and if Ryan asked me not to run because of it, I would oblige. I get the event, now I just need to find some traction!

You know, the class thing doesn't bother me because the award is still up to those who put this event on. I agree there were guys in the stock class and such that shouldn't have been there. But it didn't spoil anything.

Ryan says he "knows what to do" and I believe him..

I broke down less than 10 miles from home, just got everything put away and now it's time for me to excuse myself until tomorrow.. Congratulations to everyone involved, Ryan, Marcie and crew, Carl and his outstanding track, and Suit for opening up a great hotel and staff with big smiles and moonshine (even though I didn't get any)

29. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I would buy this T-shirt! Get 'em made!

Attached Files:

30. ratster

ratster

im going next year