Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 26, 2008.

1. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

I'm glad your feeling good Ryan, Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours,
    Brian.

2. Glad to hear you are on the mend. I've had two back surgeries myself. No need to go into details, glad they've got your problem straightened out.

Now you have that much more to be Thankful for this year. We all do, we often forget all the things we have to be thankful for. Things we take for granted on a daily basis. What seem like the little things in life but, when put together are the building blocks that make us, our families, our homes, our lives what they are today.

Happy Thanksgiving Ryan and fellow HAMBers.

3. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Glad to hear of your success Ryan! I have had back pain since 1987, when I got rear-ended by a drunk (he died). You can always count on us for support and prayers!

Happy Thanksgiving all!
    John

4. Great to hear that this will be a truly Happy Thanksgiving for you and your family.

Attached Files:

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Happy Thanksgiving to all

6. Tbomb428

Tbomb428
    from SoCal

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Ryan. It will be double special this year now that you're pain free.

Also, thanks for the Jalopy Journal and the H.A.M.B., it's truly grown into more than just another automotive forum out there on the web. It's the next generation in Hot Rodding.

7. mrdodge

mrdodge

We don't have Thanksgiving in this country, however I think we should. A day to spend with family just for the sake of it & not because it's Christmas, Easter etc.. Congrats to you Ryan on a fine site & a successful surgery. And a Happy Thankgivings to all you HAMBers out there...whether in the US or anywhere else in the world.:D

JR

8. You let you hair down you sexy boy. Glad to hear you're doing swell. Happy Thanksgiving.

9. First, Ryan, glad you are feeling better. Super scary having to go to the hospital for anything, let alone that.

Second, I think we all know how you feel. Some of the best people I know were found here on the HAMB and I certainly wouldn't have been lucky enough to meet them if it wasn't for this great place. We are all thankful for a place as great as this.

10. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Glad you back pain is gone.
    And we are thankful for your passion for traditional hot rods and custome.

Jim H

11. TomH

TomH

I hear you loud and clear Ryan and I have been down that road, but not everything can be fixed.

Like I said, give yourself time to heal and don't do anything before the doc says, and that includes sex!! ;)

12. autobilly

autobilly

What he said!

13. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Glad to hear that you got rid of your pain, I wish we had a Dr. Dan here! I haven't found any good doctors in this area (neck pain). :( Hey, is he any relation to Lieutenant Dan??? :confused:
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the other Hambers!! :D

PS--Good job Skullcracker!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
  14. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

Glad to hear it all has worked out for you Ryan. We all have to stop and smell the roses and reflect.... Hope you and the family have a great Turkey day....to all the Hamb members and across our great country.

15. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

Good to here you are ok.
    Thanks for a great place to hang.
    I hope yopu and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

16. thanks Skullcracker, props to Ryan for stepping out of your comfort zone, and happy thanksgiving to all present & future friends of the HAMB

Cheers,

Drewfus & family

17. Glad to have you back and feeling better, Ryan. Your work gives us all a lot to be thankful for. Can't wait to hear what you have in store for us!

18. Happy to here you doing well. I dont know why but after a maj OP I had to take time to reassis my life a little bit. more on family and friends.
    My best to all our familys,and injoy the game.

19. hscott

hscott

Ryan glad you are doing better; Hope everyone on The HAMB has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Petejoe touching story.

20. billyt

billyt

Thanks Ryan for what you have given us.
    And Happy Thanksgiving to all.

21. Buckle

Buckle

Ryan,

I'm glad you are feeling better! I didn't think it was dramatic at all, I have to live with pain also, usually not too bad but there almost all the time in some form, very annoying, but two years ago I went thru a stretch of about 4 months where my back, and right hip had me to the point of having a hard time getting out of bed, walking, working on cars, and just sitting was miserable. Long story boring, I thought, I can't live like this. I saw a chiropractor, and bought a book about stretching called "Pain Free". I slowly got on the mend. So anyway, I can't imagine a decade of that! And I count my blessings all the time now where pain is concerned, I think I got just a taste of how bad it can wear on the human mind, spirit, etc.

Glad you are good now!!!!!!!!!!!

Buckle

22. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Congratulations on "normalcy" once again! Good health and happiness to all of us!

I'm thankful for this forum,the great people I've had the good fortune to meet and talk with and the great threads and info on here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

23. dudley32

dudley32

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day....I wish you and yours only the best..I would like to thank you personaly for this site...as it has given us an avenue to not only connect with fellow car lovers...but to meet people all over the world with similar interests....I love it ....and thank you again....

24. Jivewire

Jivewire
    from Indy

Ryan - Thank you for creating and providing this wonderful place for us to all meet, gather, and share. Some of us may lurk more than we post, but know that we are still out there and grateful. Thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :D

25. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Ryan, 'm not an ass kisser by nature, I'm just not, but I'm glad your back is feeling better.
    The HAMB is an awesome thing, you did good, bro.
    And the "Cochran household just isnt that interresting". I don't know, when I was at your house and saw all the cool shit you have, clocks, art, hot rods, margerita machines. I have to say, it's pretty interresting. Not to mention, a cool wife, Marcie, cool kids (I havent met Miller yet, just Marley), two adorable dogs.
    Happy thanksgiving

26. Happy Thanksgiving to everybody, and Ryan, I'm glad that you are doing better:D.
    Thanks a lot for adding this "HAMB" thing to my life.
    Skot

27. PoPo

PoPo

Thank You. I love the HAMB.

28. Glad you are pain free and hope your Thanksgiving is a good one

29. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Congrats on the success, Ryan.
    Waking up pain-free is an amazing feeling. 7 surgeries later (not only for back) and I know.
    Like others have said... do as the doc says. You don't want to undo what the good doc has done.
    It's hard being human. Enjoy the good days.

Oh.. happy turkey day to you 'merican folks.
    We already had ours and I'm ready for more!

30. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Ryan, I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better, and I thank you profusely for providing this forum. I hope that you and your family have a great Thanksgiving holiday.

And, to all the other HAMBers, Happy Thanksgiving!