Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sydney Round three Saturday 24th May 2014

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, May 29, 2014.

1. spanners

spanners

Well round three was not one to remember. Weather was looking good but only 3 HAMBsters turned up. Me, Jeff and Steve with Al doing pitcrew duties. We had been cut down to 2 qualifying runs which made it hard to work out a dial-in. First run against Jeff I beat him which is unusual but he's still sorting out the Flathead's carbys. Next I ran against Steve and beat him as well. Bizarre! Turned out his fuel filter was blocked.
    After a 4 hour wait for our next run I got the bye run as I was fastest qualifier. Amazing.
    I sat in the water watching Jeff and Steve struggle to the other end, looked at the crowd in the stands who had turned up to watch this epic battle (they had come to watch the Jet Funny cars that were running after us, but you can dream), got the nod, planted the loud pedal, up to 6000 revs and watched compression spit back out the carby trumpets. Six cylinders became three and a very shaky engine. One or two expletives and switch off and back on the trailer and back home.
    I'm assuming Jeff and Steve ended up with points for first and runner-up both with sick engines.
    I pulled the engine down on Sunday and it was a case of 'good news ,bad news'. The good news was no real engine damage, the bad news, no engine damage. A small amount of wear on the cam lobes and general wear for an engine that was getting it's neck rung as often as possible. Oh well, a good time for a freshen up and the addition of a few secret items.
    I'll post the videos as soon as I download them. Peter

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. spanners

spanners

I hope this works

3. blackknight

blackknight

Hey glad to here no damage. Think we have worked out the chev being worn main jets in the su . Giving them a service . First time in 4 years . Got new mains for it . And the flathead looking at jet extension and power valve change . And yes they did give us. The points

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. spanners

spanners

5. spanners

spanners

Try this one, Old school meets old school.

6. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Great videos, car sounds really smooth. :cool:

Our NfHRA'd absolutely have a cow over the return road being alongside the strip with no barriers at that one place though. Wish I could run there. :D

ps. Spanners, the link in your post #4 is to one of my sets, not yours.

7. spanners

spanners

Oops, sorry about that Chief

8. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

No sweat, I just figure folks'll want to see YOURS here. :D
    So ...... here they are. :cool:

9. bobw

bobw

Sure is fun riding along with you guys.

10. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Oh no, secret items, looks like I'll have to try something else for August then. Did you hear, we now have a HA/GR ally in the announcers box at Willowbank, Shannon has scored a job yelling at us all, so we hope to get a bit more publicity now.

11. RacerRoy3

RacerRoy3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting the link, Old6rodder. It sure looks like they are having a good bit of fun down under. :)