Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage story about a BBQ i didnt know about glad i went

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twenty8tudor, Oct 24, 2010.

1. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

little bit of a story here... I am just getting started into the traditional hot rods so i went to to talk to a guys dad that I remember always working on and building hot rods from when i used to work at NAPA when i was out of high school. So after buying my 28 sedan i knew i had to go talk to him. He is around 77 years old and has been doing this stuff his whole life. He is still building and working on hot rods about 6 days a week. Showed up to his place on sunday with his son and he was just leaving to go to a party. I went there to ask him questions about chopping the top on my 28...he tells his son go ahead and show him around the shop i have to go help park people. he said your more then welcome to come out to the party there will be a few cars there. So after looking at some of his current projects, pics of ones he had done, and off the wall and rare parts he had laying around we went out to the party. I dont know if any of the guys there are on this site but I have to say what a great bunch of guys. From this small town i am used to being around tractor and truck pulling guys that everything is a secret and will not share any info if you paid them. These guys didnt know me from anyone and they already seen and knew the car i had from when i had it in town for about hour at the DMV trying to get the title done. I wasnt there 5 minutes and one of them said well i have and old I6 i am not using and you can have it if you want. All the ideas and info i gathered from just being there 5 minutes was more then i ever thought i would get. The guy I knew was into everything but mostly cars from 1950 and back and his friend was into cars 1950 and up so pretty much had everything covered. But to cut a long story short here are some pics of the little gathering they had in the guys backyard. i know a couple are probably not HAMB friendly but i figured i would post just to show the variety of cars that were there.

The guy i went to talk to his car..first trip out
    [​IMG]

one he did for someone else
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

split into two post dail up is way to slow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car was finished around 1968-70
    [​IMG]

Local guy that works at a Ford dealership took this on the power tour for past few years
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. moter

moter

Nice cars and thanks for story and pics.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Now that's a barbecue! Thanks for sharing. The old timers are a wealth of knowledge and experience, and you just can't put a price tag on that.