Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stopping at the Shoe Tree...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Feb 23, 2011.

1. wildwest

wildwest

I live near the one on hwy 97 in Sherman County Oregon (not Moro county, but it's near the town of Moro) that recently burned, I'm not 100% shure, but I heard the property owner cut it down and burned it because he was tired of patching his fence and retrieving his cattle off the highway when people would knock down the fence to toss thier shoes onto it. Also, people often left litter when stopping and generally tore the place up. Sadly, lots of people are @$$-holes. I hate to say it, but I can see why the rancher got tired of it.

2. 40 HP

40 HP
    from 90045

People are so douchey.

Thanks for posting the pics... there was an article in the LA Times about it but no good shots of it. Now I get some with the tree and hot rods.

3. Terry

Terry

This sux! Here is the one Route 66 in Oklahoma.

Attached Files:

4. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Its really a shame how terrible people are now days!

5. mj40's

mj40's

There are several in Oregon. Used to be one near Vale Oregon but its gone now. It was so loaded down that the branches were braking. Last time I saw it there was a boy’s 20" bike hanging from a branch. It was dieing and I heard the Hwy department cut it down. Sad!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  6. Bummer. Damn kids. That is some cool scenery on that long, dusty road. I would love to scoot down that in a hot rod.
    And that roadster is way cool.

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

Somebody ought to find out who did it.Guys like weird stuff,so it must've been a woman...

8. Wowee, That's a beautiful tree there. People who cut beauty down are rotten inside.
    I know a shoe tree in my state. It's east of Oregon someplace. I forget where, but in a remote area by the road. I stopped there with family recently to take photo's. Thank goodness the wicked don't know its whereabouts and the tree isn't threatened :)

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. junk fiend

junk fiend

ive driven past that shoe tree for years, someone burnt it down a few years ago. there used to be a picknic bench under it and my dad and his parents would have a snack on the way to havasu in the 60s.

10. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy