Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW JALOPY JOURNAL & H.A.M.B. MERCH!
    Hey fellas, we've just re-stocked the store with a couple of great new t-shirts, an incredible jersey, and just about the best damned ball cap ever made. Put it all in your wardrobe and you'll be the sharpest dressed man in the pits - that's a promise!

Anyway, to check it all out just CLICK HERE!

(To get rid of this notification, just click the little grey 'x' located in the top right hand corner of this notification box.)

Stewart Warner Tach Hook up ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Apr 29, 2012.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a Stewart Warner column mount tach on here. Comes with the sender ?? I think that's what you call it. How does that work and hook up?? Could it be a 6v set up? How would you tell. He said it was for 12v

Thanks

2. harleycontracter

harleycontracter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. brad chevy

brad chevy

You got any pictures of the tach and maybe a model number.Would help to see what you have.

4. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Patiently waiting for your answer.... I have the same setup and mine doesn't work either.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Terry O

Terry O

Here's the wiring for a 765, pretty common SW tach. Number should be ink stamped on back of tach. Sender would be #766.

Terry

Attached Files:

6. harleycontracter

harleycontracter
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tach is a Stewart Warner model # 429370 Has a round sending unit with 3 terminals

Thanks

7. DWL

DWL
    from Oregon

I have a simular SW tach and sent it to a gentleman in Seattle area and had it converted to work without the sender. Works great now. 12v system, 59AB with a Mallory dual point distributor.