Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steel 32 ford 3 window rebuild

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crafty B, Jan 24, 2009.

1. vonpahrkur

vonpahrkur

cool motor mounts! Nice work!

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Are the motor mounts designed to use the old Ford biscuit type cushion?

Frank

3. Crafty B

Crafty B

Im using what look to be body lift kit spacers? not real sure a buddy dropped off a bunch of them..they are made of medium density rubber.

The textured panels in the B-Line truck came form my favorite scrap yard here in Grand Rapids..I think it's muffler shield material..best stuff on the planet to work with, cuts and bends like butter

Attached Files:

4. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

5. lorodz

lorodz

fantastic work..keep it up

6. Crafty B

Crafty B

sorry guys no updates super busy the last couple weeks...I hope to get to the ol 32 soon, I have been busy selling off some of my rods... The 50 Chevy is sold and is headed to Australia, The B-line is up for sale and the 32 roadster is going to up for sale also. I have a late 50's front engine wood racing boat that needs to go too. I about to take on a really big project in the next few months so I have to stock pile some cash. I plan to build a new house behind the shop and Im going to use shipping containers so there will loads of fab work, kinda like a gaint hot rod project...

Crafty

7. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The engine mounts are so beautiful, the whole thing is.

8. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

I will be looking at this build also.

9. There are so many cool touches to this build - I can't wait to see more progress on it as well as your house build!!

10. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Love the design and details in your work. Funny you should mention shipping containers for your house, I was looking at shipping containers for expanding our design studio, and came across some really nice homes made from those containers. Would be cool to see what you do based on your work on the car.

11. Crafty B

Crafty B

I cant wait to get started on the new house project, I have located the containers just up the road from the new shop. The plan so far will be (5) 40 foot long containers with a drive through garage under the center, the structure will set up on 2 large concrete grade beams. I would like to skin some of the exterior with brushed aluminum panels and painted durarock type cement board. Like most of my projects there will lots of hand made details with recycled materials, this will be a tight budget minded project...Im tired of being a slave to the lender and this is a cool way to build something unique on the cheap.

Crafty

12. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

Crafty,
    How about this layout? could have the shop right down the middle.

Attached Files:

13. Crafty B

Crafty B

I do like that container set up but my wife would skin me if she smelled bondo Ha
    Back on the 3 window today... I wrapped up the motor mounts and mounted a set of my nostalgic speed friction shocks that I made a couple weeks ago. Full steam ahead!! the body will get mounted in the next couple weeks and then off to my buddy steve's frame shop to pulled back into shape.

more later
    Crafty

Attached Files:

14. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

15. Just catching up with this thread ...but I'll be on board for the duration now! Very cool build with some ingenious details to set it apart. Keep the updates comin'.

-Dave

16. Crafty B

Crafty B

thanks guys I hope to get the tires mounted today so I can get the chassis on the ground.

Crafty

17. Crafty B

Crafty B

Holy cow!!! she's a roller!!
    The rake is perfect and the 750 stone's fit real nice on the widened rear wheels. The front motor plate will get engine turned and I plan to use castle nuts with safety wire everywhere I can. With the wheels being 6 1/2" wide I lost the Buick drums in the rear but if you look close you can see the edge of the fins.
    I was some how tagged with the name "hammer" and I was on vaca last week in Mexico and Hammer in spanish is
    "El Martillio" so this may become the name for the new project, what ya think??

more to come
    Crafty

Attached Files:

18. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

19. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

20. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Your Metal work is absolute fantastic.... I'm watchin this thread till the end.

Loved the film also.

21. You are one talanted dude!!

22. Crafty B

Crafty B

Thanks for the kind words guys, I wish my Dad was still alive to thank him for the old buzz box welder he drug home when I was 10... that's when it all started for me.

more later
    EL Martillio LOL

23. Crafty B

Crafty B

well what I thought was only going to take a couple hours ended being all afternoon... I was going to leave the boxing plates solid but I ended up putting small to big holes in, Im on the fence about the perforated stainless backer.

Crafty

Attached Files:

24. Crafty B

Crafty B

I scored this old set of pedals off a 36 chassis and had to do some minor reworking to make them work. I reversed the loctation of the clutch pedal moving it from the stock right loctation to left and then cutting the top of the arm off and reversing it. By doing this what was the stock brake pedal becomes the clutch pedal and it lines up with my mechanical clutch arm. Now I can mount the master cylinder at the back of new pedal mount
    because of the reversed loctation of the brake pedal.... Hope this makes some sence...
    I fabbed up a set of split wish bone mounts today and got them mounted, I added a set of my finned center covers too.

Crafty

Attached Files:

25. Crafty B

Crafty B

forgot these pics
    Crafty

Attached Files:

26. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

27. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

Your Boxing Plates look Great.

It will be a pity to put a Body over this craftmanship and hide all the good work.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  28. Crafty B

Crafty B

thanks guys I like doing the fab work best..bodywork is right around the corner

Crafty

29. kisam

kisam

Great craftmanship! I will be waiting for updates!