Register now to get rid of these ads!

some of the work from my shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cornfieldcustoms, Nov 15, 2011.

1. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Looks to me that if it's in your shop it's COOL! I have been there and I seen it with my own eye's!

2. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

been finishing up a few smaller projects around the shop.

worked on making another door skin pattern for the Packard Darrin project. door skin to come soon

[​IMG]

got a batch of production parts made for a local automotive shop cut and machined ( please keep us in mind for all your plasma cutting needs!!!!)

[​IMG]

needed some extra floor space so sent my dragster to the ceiling for a while

[​IMG]

also tied up a ton of small loose ends on the Pope RPU bed. the bed is done minus the actual floor, made the aluminum tailgate with custom script. made extended aprons from aluminum and worked on the last couple filler pieces on the bed. started to make some good head way on this one. just need to get the correct wheels and tires on it for the total look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kiwijeff and AHotRod like this.
  3. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

a little more progress on the Pope RPU

made an adapter to run a stock model A steering wheel with a quick release hub

[​IMG]

bent up and dimpled some bed supports/ risers. got them clamped in

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and started making the aluminum version of the 30-31 commercial truck grill shell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also been working on the floor of the Boss 429 truck

re shaped the edges of the sub rails

[​IMG]

made a new center sub rail to replace the rusted and bent one

[​IMG]

still need to do the kick up over the tail shaft in this pic

starting to do some pans, once i get them all mocked up i will pull them back out and add some beads for strength

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the customer brought me this tractor hood, he like the gauge pod and center section. and wanted to add it to the tunnel. not my thing but not my truck either

[​IMG]

tomorrow i will get the front of the tunnel roughed in and fit the gauge pod area

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk and AHotRod like this.
  4. AHotRod

AHotRod

You are a visionary and a Blessed fabricator. I have been following your work from the beginning and to say that I'm seriously impressed would be a understatement. Your sharing with us all is a true blessing.
    Thank you.
    Glenn

kiwijeff likes this.
  5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that gauge pod thing looks like an alien or some creature. could be scary at night.:eek:

loudbang likes this.
  6. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

started making the area over the main part of the transmission, started by doing shrinking to get the edge to roll over.

[​IMG]

fitting in the truck after some plannishing

[​IMG]

then to make the pass side to match

[​IMG]

mostly tacked up

[​IMG]

here is the driver side all welded, plannished out and hit with the sander

[​IMG]

Hotrodmyk and AHotRod like this.
  7. gatz

gatz

wow, nice work there, cornman

8. You, sir, are an ARTIST! Amazing work!

9. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

thanks guys

10. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

11. maddog1949

maddog1949

very nice work.

12. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Mighty fine work young man!

13. whtbaron

whtbaron
    from manitoba

When I grow up, I want to turn out work just like yours. At 56 there isn't much chance of me growing up though...

14. Sprout

Sprout

Beautiful Work

15. loudbang

loudbang

It's great to see your updates with the fine work you do. Kind of sets the tone for the rest of the day.

16. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

here is a little more progress on the Pope RPU. got the right wheels and tires on the back and the rear sitting on its own weigh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see a decent shot of the aluminum grill shell i am making as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

my computer crashed last week so i have not been able to put up any updates on stuff. so here they are

rolled the Pope RPU out side for a good distance look. still waiting on the front wire wheels to come back from cleaning, so we used some steelies to roll it around

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

started on the 4 piece aluminum hood, all hand made in the shop, hand rolled hinges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still needs some fine tuning and trimming

worked on designing some universal pedal assemblies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some metal work on the hood of the C-10. pancaked 1.5 inches, and front edge stretched 2 inches

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also go the "Larkness Monster" in for some sheetmetal work on the fire wall and trans tunnel

[​IMG]

18. Welds not of this earth. Stellar update man. You do good stuff ! Awesome everything.

19. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome Fab Work from Your Shop!

20. bigpokie

bigpokie

Looks good as always

21. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

thanks guys

22. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

here is a pic of the Pope RPU at the end of the day yesterday. thinking about posting a dedicated build thread to this one

[​IMG]

kiwijeff, BarryA and AHotRod like this.
  23. Imwalkin

Imwalkin
    from Tucson, Az

I like how you did the hood on the model a pick up. Nice redesign that most would not notice.

24. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Mike your thread is like an educational series, thanks a bunch for posting.....all I've compliments you are given leaves nothing new for me to say but they are all accurate and deserved,....with your engineering background you must be aware of and probably already fixed it but in the photos of the suicide front end with wilwood brakes the Ackerman is reversed with the tierod in the front....THANKS again for educating many of us old dogs!

25. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i am no engineer by any means, just good at figuring things out lol. yea i know with the drag link out front it throws the ackerman off. i am going to correct that as much as i can when i get the rest of the steering worked out. thanks for the kind words, i am just a young pup that like to make stuff

26. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

a little more progress on the Pope RPU got the correct front wheels back from the cleaner. painted and tires on

[​IMG]

extended the stock running board to meet back up with the fender. added a few louvers to dress up the flat part

[​IMG]

got the upper stantions chopped , welded and smoothed out

[​IMG]

and got the inside of the bed truck bed lined

[​IMG]

27. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

I figured you had that covered but just wanted to make sure....your truly a metal master....thanks again for the " in progress shots, that helps us that are still learning tremendously!

28. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

been a while since i updated this thread. been busy working on the Pope Rpu, and some late model OT sheet metal repairs. the things you have to do to make money lol.

here are some of the other on topic projects going on right now. a couple years ago i did the aluminum interior work for the larkness monster studebaker. he is doing some drive train changes and decided he wanted a new fire wall and trans tunnel to make tuning a little easier. he brought it with the fire wall already cut out. so i made some flanges to help strengthen the body back up. then hammered out another flange to attach the new fire wall to, i figured adding a double flanged area would give the front of the body a lot more strength and a factory look. we also dimpled this flange for something other than flat steel. the backs of the holes will be covered to pass tech.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then we started to make the new fire wall itself. dished way back since the engine is set back. wanted to a shaped firewall to keep it clean looking. it will all be tig welded together and metal finished out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more metal work on this 38 ford truck. working on more of the fire wall sheet metal and floor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hand made some military seats for a customer. hand formed, hand wire edged. matched the original pretty close

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

did a little work on my buddies 29 A truck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and have been working on some small parts design

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also been working on the Pope RPU, blown apart for paint and final assembly. i will update that thread later tonight

AHotRod likes this.
  29. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

What are you using to make these hole & dimpled recess? Awesome work.

Attached Files: