Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Signs of the times..Automotive ,gas & oil

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Kiwi's spell tire different than we do in the USA. HRP

2. Yeah, I know. My Kiwi friends have schooled me on all that. Still looks funny though. :)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  3. Yeah,I does look strange. HRP

4. Of coarse Kiwi's are strange, Its a bird that can't fly. :eek::rolleyes: JW :D

5. Either that or a fuzzy fruit!

6. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

This is a Disney map game that you got at Calso gas stations, I think you got a new stamp every time you filled up, the stamps feature either Mickey or Donald doing something related to whatever state they are in. There is a really small date on the stamps of 1939, which
    predates Disneyland. I found this many years ago in a built in drawer in the bedroom of the house that my dad grew up in.

Attached Files:

Finn Jensen and Model T1 like this.
  7. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

HRP...

I don't have time to Post mine right now...but, thanks SO much for putting this cool thread together ! My collection of "automobilia", "petroliana", or, whatever anyone wants to call it started when I was a kid...and it's never stopped !!

Dealer brochures, signs, posters, photos, oil cans, framed advertising pages, etc...hey, what can you say: It's an "untreatable condition" for which there is no cure !!!

Thanks again,
    Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

8. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

HRP...

I don't have time to Post mine right now...but, thanks SO much for putting this cool thread together ! My collection of "automobilia", "petroliana", or, whatever anyone wants to call it started when I was a kid...and it's never stopped !!

Dealer brochures, signs, posters, photos, oil cans, framed advertising pages, etc...hey, what can you say: It's an "untreatable condition" for which there is no cure !!!

Thanks again,
    Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

zzzzzj

9. I use to have this Shell sign sold it, which I now regret, still have the Waratah sign which used to be an Australia oil company years ago.

34 Coupe 003.jpg DSCF0090.JPG DSCF0306.JPG

Model T1 likes this.
  10. Jonnie,post them when you have time,I'm sure we would all love to see them. HRP

11. dudley32

dudley32

12. barqsnut

barqsnut
    from Pearl, MS

13. st.rod

st.rod

Been collecting a few years. This pic is a Tokheim 36B Stationliter tower extremely rare!

Attached Files:

14. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

great garage dudley

dudley32 likes this.
  15. dudley32

dudley32

16. Polo elevator Hudson sign 4-24-15 003.jpg Polo elevator Hudson sign 4-24-15 001.jpg ...I like old signs, but really love old beat up signs,...I rescued this one from the basement of an old brick building in my town that fell down and was then taken down and hauled away. It was all bent and folded up really bad so I straightened it out best I could,..it's from a grain elevator and advertizes Hudson agricultural equipment,..never have found out what kind of stuff they made. It's one of my favorite signs now.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  17. todd hackbarth 004.jpg todd hackbarth 005.jpg ...couple more

18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Sam, from working at the hardware store in town they made weed sprayers and such.

19. scruff

scruff

20. image.jpg OK guys, literally just found this one in the woods behind one of the barns. It's big and heavy. Those are my size 13s in the pics for scale. Used to be porcelain, now it's mostly rust where the lettering was. Still gonna hang it proudly in the garage.

21. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

This PDF will tell you everything about Hudson history. It's an interesting read. The Profi-Matic division started in 1963 (pg. 29);

http://www.hdhudson.com/website/documents/about-us/hd-hudson-history.pdf

22. Wow, thanks for that link, very cool.^^^^

23. Normant93

Normant93

I love old signs as well. My Dad collected them for years, here's a few I have in my barn now..
    Apologies for the obstructed view of the signs, my son was finishing up his Eagle Scout project (library for our town's Senior Center) so that was the focus of the 2nd picture.

Attached Files:

24. What's in that Healy?:cool:

25. Normant93

Normant93

It's got a 283, T10 4 spd and narrowed 8+3/4 rear end .....although technically.....non of it's actually IN it just yet.
    It was originally built in the mid 60's and I'm restoring it to that but with lot's of upgrades, like frame gussets, extra tubing to strengthen it up and welds that actually penetrate!
    Now that my twins have left for college, I'm hoping to have the time to finish the rebuild. My goal is to get it to the HAMB drags next year.

26. Love to see the progress when you get going. It looks good from what I can see.

27. Normant93

Normant93

Thanks man. I'd like to put together a thread on it if I can find all the old pictures of the process.

28. Sage

Sage

Not really old signs (I'll have to take some shots of the real ones) but these are a couple I made a few years back. I guess, for lack of a better term, they are NOS (New Old Signs).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The 'tag line' on the Mumford Motors one is an homage to The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson's 'Tea Time Movies' skits (in case y'all are too young to have seen them).