Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roll Call, NHRA CHRR, Bakersfield, Oct. 9-12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, Sep 23, 2008.

1. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

I'll be there on push truck duties with TERPU and friends...can't wait.....

2. Damn, I hate to hear that. He was always "Mr Excitement". Jungle Larry is still around. Would be cool to see him in the seat of 554.

3. Muttley

Muttley

Any idea who will be in attendance as far as old racers go? Last year I was able to meet Ivo, Garlits, Prudhomme and McEwen.....................that didnt suck one bit.

4. Someone asked if there would be chili. Well, it depends upon where the track folks park the Vipers this year. This event has gotten pretty big in the last few years. We never had problems when Geno and Sally were in charge of the pit parking, but it's not the same anymore. So, we'll see how it works out.

5. INFO updated almost daily....

6. California Hot Rod Reunion Hosts Military Appreciation Day, Sun., Oct. 12

In honor of America’s finest, the 17th Annual California Hot Rod Reunion is offering free admission to active military personnel on Sun., Oct. 12. The 3-day Reunion, presented by the Automobile Club of Southern California, runs Oct. 10-12 at Bakersfield’s Auto Club Famoso Raceway.

“Honoring the military at the California Hot Rod Reunion is a small token of gratitude and recognizes the tremendous sacrifices armed forces personnel make for our country,” said Tony Thacker, executive director of the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum, which produces the Reunion.

Military Appreciation Day will feature plenty of Reunion action, including the finals of Nostalgia Funny Car and Top Fuel Eliminator drag races, hundreds of street rods, customs, and muscle cars, as well as the Reunion Swap Meet, Manufacturers Midway, and the Dynamic Legends site for fans to meet some legendary racing celebrities.
    All active military personnel must present their military I.D. to gate personnel. Family members, friends, etc., are subject to normal admission charges.

In addition, the Fueled by the Fallen Marines Memorial Race Car Team, a mobile monument honoring and paying tribute to Marines who died serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom, will be on display at the Reunion. The mobile memorial is made up of three classic Chevy Nova drag race cars. One of the Novas features the names of fallen Marines.

7. HotRodGirl40

HotRodGirl40

Dad and I got our tix in the mail yesterday!!!! Woo Hoo!! :D Haven't been since 2004, and soooo lookin forward to it!! Roadtrip with Pops!!!! :)
    We will be drivin the '40 down from Beautiful BC as well as his buddy in his '36 coupe!!! Look for the British Columbia plates and come say Hi!!! My buddy Brent 'Haywire" Harris from Edmonton, Alberta will also be there racin his 33 Willys!!! Stop by his pits and check it out!!! :cool: We'll be rolling into Bakersfield on Thursday, look forward to meetin some fellow Hambers and havin a couple Beers!!

HotRodGirl40

8. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Gas Ronda is 82? He doesn't look a day over 60! Coolest drag racer name ever.

9. Can't miss it, even though I'll only be there Saturday. A lot of cars are out of the Wally Parks NHRA Museum getting ready to go.

10. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I will be arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday. Hope to make a few passes.

11. D Staig

D Staig

Yep i'll be there and can't wait...meeting up with Beep to help him in the pits with his car...considering myself a very lucky man!

Safe travels to all the Aussies and any other Hambers travelling from afar.

12. Muttley

Muttley

Thanks for the info.

13. blacufo

blacufo

Anyone camping at the track? If so what day are you planning on getting there to sit in line?

14. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

I'm lookin to go too--maybe meet up at the 5 and 126?I'll be comin in from Ventura--let me know what time--

15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Dean Lowe's gonna be there...
    [​IMG]

anyone else?????

16. I'll be down from Spokane to see the freshly restored Eagle Electric Dragster.

Photo from Deer Park in 1965
    [​IMG]

The restored car
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Better plan on getting there on Wednesday or early, early, early Thursday.

I'll be there with pops running his Junior Fuel B dragster. Stop by and say hello.

18. sean72

sean72

Very cool dragster. I really dig the wagon.

Sean

19. Work Friday in the oil patch. I'll be there Saturday to enjoy a good dose of nitro fumes and swapmeet crapola. Family obligations on Sunday,uh Grandmas turning 90 so....... Nila wafers for me.-Weeks

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

btt

One week to go...!!! :)

21. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Went in 2004,best event I've ever been to in my life.Will be there this year with my 5w, parked in the grove, as a spectator.Leaving next tues am with a few stops along the way.........

22. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

The wife and I will be there, in the Grove.
    [​IMG]

23. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

I just dream of being there...sniff sniff :(:(

24. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

We'll be there with The Hummer Anglia , somewhat prettied up, but the paint not touched,restoration of the front suspension etc & a scattershield & new Mcleod clutch installed , running but not racing. I even have the original trailer & NHRA record certificates . Great car but time to move on for me.
    Car will be for sale to help finance my Deuce roadster completion.

See you all there , back to the rebuild !:)

Attached Files:

25. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

I am gonna try to go!!!!!

26. bushwacker 57

bushwacker 57

Will be there on Thurs we have swap spot along the fence stop by say hello and have a beer. MIKE.

27. Just found out we will be there from THURSDAY now :D:D:D:D

28. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

29. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

I'm wondering if the 15 oz. coupe will be there as well as M&S 554? What a shot that would be ! Or the "Wing" vs. 554,buzz is close to 70 cacklers for the wienie roast on Sat. eve. ,

30. 55olds88

55olds88

Me and my 3 1/2 year old race fan will be there Sat on the USA leg of our trip home from visiting his mum's family in the UK leaving the girls in Bako and heading up for the day Sat, from the schedule looks like a pretty busy day, anyone know if you can leave and get back in (In case I need to get Logan back to mum).