Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rise from the Ash and kick some A.S.S. :-) Update from TUCK-----> Check it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tuck, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I've been gone for the better portion of a month in Texas... working at Austin Speed Shop with some of the best guys I know. It was like a hard working vacation if that makes any sense... We worked our A.S.S.'s off... no lie- we put in some serious hours... but its far from over for those guys... I wish I couldve stayed and helped longer.

I got to take Danielle with me too- she was on winter break... (shes gonna kill me for posting pics of her ha) She got to work at the Continental a few nights too! (thanks steve)

Before we left I loaded up a couple flatheads I had sold to Kevin Lee and strapped them to the trailer on the Judas Prius! haha- 35mpg on the way down...

***After reading this post you'll think twice about PRIUS bashing***

I had sold what was left of my model A pickup and got a grand out of it. I decided to sell some of my car junk and replace my roadster body- I found one that I bought from a hamber for a couple grand. Pics attached below. Its a good one... solid sub rails and the two patch panels that are tacked on are actually welded on sections from another roadster quarter.

I decided to just build one car and finish it... instead of building like 6 slow over time like before.... which kind of backfired-

So its just the roadster and this is where it all starts! This will be my new build thread. I want to get it built for detroit next year so I have a shit load of work to do... and its already started-

I came home to this pile of boxes inside my door. Tools and car parts and cards from pals all over the country. I started to open them tonight but stopped and decided I HAVE to post and let you guys know I'm still alive. Its so Awesome- all of you guys RULE!!!!

So I'm working at Perrys doing fab work and hes taking good care of me- early morning to early afternoon- then I go home and work at home. Its been kinda crazy but after this tip to Texas its nothin...

So on this trip- we dropped off the flatheads in Kansas at kev's,

Picked up the roadster body in Arkansas from a hamber-

I picked up a Band Saw in Dallas from a hamber-

Relayed a 34 ford quarter and door for Cactus1

I bought a tig welder from a hamber in Austin-

And I hauled it all 3600 miles behind a prius while averaging at times 37mpg... didnt even hickup. I kinda snicker at all you Prius haters...

I drove though freezing rain and snow for the last 400 miles no faster than 45mph because I just wanted to GET HOME.... roads were so bad- but In some areas I was the only one on the road. I think it was that damn welder that kept my ass planted on the freeway-

You should have heard all the comments on the way home when I did make the rare stop for gas or food- haha...... One guy was like... you have some SERIOUS CONTRADICTIONS RIGHT HERE... is it ok if I take a picture?

We had a great time in Texas. I got to work on that rad 5 window (sosa's) sp?

I think they have the whole Minnesota nice thing beat- for real. I was missing Austin as soon as I turned onto Lamar and started heading North------->

OK so I'll ad more to this post tomorrow- I can't wait to post more pics and stuff but I must.... get.... sleeeeep.....

I'll be answering emails and PM's as fast as I can in the next few days too!!!

Tuck

Attached Files:

2. Blackie

Blackie

Fucking Rad!!!!

Sent from a pay phone

3. SICBOY

SICBOY

4. Bad ass Prius truck.

5. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Great memories! Glad you found a real roadster. Making a Sports Coupe look good as a roadster is a ton of work! :D

Keep us updated and more importantly.. If you need anything, let us know!

6. Cruiser

Cruiser

A trip like this is what makes hot rodding fun, you made some good scores. That band saw looks killer. :D

CRUISER :cool:

7. Thanks again Brutha! You my ninja!

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Kick ass man......
    Good to see things looking up.....

But a Prius will never be cool...no matter how many old car parts it hauls....talk of MPG's is for old guys.......haha.....

9. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Glad you made it home safe! It was great working with you. Thanks for all your help and advice

10. Frickin Bitchin'
    Great score on the roadster body and tools! Good on ya...

-Shiny

11. racer756

racer756

12. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

13. Junk Hunter

Junk Hunter
    from The Ozarks

Good to hear you made it home. It was really great meeting all you guys this weekend. Glad you stuck around the extra week.

You really owe it to that roadster to make one badass hotrod out of it now... I mean, you just drug it across the whole country behind a Prius for Pete's sake.:D

Next time you head South, you need to stop by when you pass through Missouri.

-Dan

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hahaha That rules dude!! good for you for getting out and kicking A>S>S>

15. daddio211

daddio211

Thanks for the call a few days ago. Glad you made it home safe!

16. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Sounds like a good trip, I need to get back over there to visit. Maybe for the round up?

17. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

And I thought I had balls pulling a Model A Coupe with an S-10 Blazer. :D Glad to hear you're doing well!

18. HA! A few years ago, when gas was like 5 bucks a gallon, I bought a 32 frame from my friend Brandon in MT about 400 miles away. I did not want to take my truck...it would have cost a FORTUNE! My Dad has a little aluminum boat and trailer, so I bought a 3 day permit for the trailer (had not been licensed in years) and took my ol Subaru to get the frame. Got like 30 MPG there and back.

It might seem lame, but I like spending my money on hotrod parts, not at the pump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bubba1955 likes this.
  19. rocky has you beat, his HHR Abduction van is way cooler than a gay ass Pious. ;)

And who the fuck puts a hitch on a Prius? You get points for that one. Crazy bastard.

surfgeezer likes this.
  20. prius with a tow hitch? not to be outdone whist also being using the back seat to haul a welder? with the bride sharing the trip......

Awesome.

Hook in dude, get that roadster happening, great to see you're moving forward (albeit in a prius:rolleyes:;):D).

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

21. lukey

lukey

That takes balls! Cool man! Now get out there and finish up that roadster!

-LUKEY-

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks for the update...........Roadster looks nice !.........Littleman

23. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

go tuck go good luck man.hope to see you at detroit next year.:cool:

24. rock on! cant wait to see the roadster build!

25. I have hauled tons of hot rod parts in my Honda commuter cars, so the Prius thing doesn't bother me a bit.

I'm more excited about the fact that you made it home with some great stuff, and you're getting back on your feet with a vengeance, like a phoenix rising from the ashes.

Sometimes we play at our best after life throws us a nasty curve.

26. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

27. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

It's great to hear you're getting back on solid ground. I don't care if you drop a flathead in a Prius. It will never be cool. My Cadillac SRX gets 10mpg less than your Prius. :)

28. That is AWESOME! Great to hear you are still kicking ASS! Keep it up Tuck!

29. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

you get my vote for best use of a prius!

30. Bob looks a little freaked out.