Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Recreating the jesse lopez coupe

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by jivin jer, Aug 18, 2012.

1. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Please check out the HOA rule's in Robson Ranch some are restrictive what you can do. Frank

2. jivin jer

jivin jer

Well, it's not easy to contemplate all of the things that are in front of me. HOA'S, how will we fit into this new community, where are all the resourses that we will need to access, shopping, professional services, what did other people put in their homes after seeing the furnishings that the model homes have, how long will it take to just navigate my way out of this complex to find the routes to these things???

Solving the mounting problems on that generator issue ultimately resulted in a broken, modified mount that I discovered after some time had passed. The car functioned fine, so it was not an emergency at the time. I did buy a new mount that I found in the car. Where before it was an easy thing to ignore/put off, but I can no longer ignore it. Sometimes, things like this have to be explained in the middle of the night. IMG_0032.jpg

Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    drdave, Stogy, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  3. jivin jer

jivin jer

Very distracted these days (sorry), we move forward with the correct installation of IMG_0065.jpg the "wrong" generator bracket that lets us have the dual Stromberg 97's, a must have to make this Juniors car.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
  4. jivin jer

jivin jer

To finish up the generator mount issue, Junior solved his dual IMG_0072.jpg carburetor problem on his 8BA engine, by using a 59A generator mount. It has to be raised up about a 1/2 inch off of the head surface and it needs to be "clearanced" to accommodate the water inlet. Crude?, this is 1956.

5. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Thats the way it was done in the 50’s and they probably used washers for spacers. I made a adapter to put a 322 Buick engine to a flathead Ford transmission out of a 51 bell housing and a steel plate that we welded together worked great

drdave likes this.
  6. jivin jer

jivin jer

OK, what the hell is goin on? We were going to do under the hood on the JCC!
    Did we get sidetracked, give up, go on to "other things", did we get run over crossing the street, fall off a cliff? Well... kinda.

Two weeks ago, yesterday I was at Robson Ranch, checking out the model homes again, spent a fair amount of time walking, and told everybody that I was tired and was going to wait for them in the car. I walked out of the sales office and was going from the raised area with a curb thinking that the next step would be a continuation of that curb to find myself "splattered" on the pavement, with a broken nose, arm, and ankle, bleeding like a stuck pig from that nose. I was all by myself, on my ass, assessing the situation. Someone had come by and handed me a paper towel from which I was making a pathetic attempt to stop the flow of blood that was spreading across my shirt and jeans, and pavement from that nose.

Someone from the office had looked out and noticed what was happening and I looked up to see two big guys coming my way and they picked me up and helped me inside with the idea that they would get some ice that would be more effective than my feeble attempts at stopping the blood flow. As I was walking in the office (with help) I was relieved to discover that "everything seemed to work".

By now my wife and oldest son are attending to me suggesting (strongly) that I go the local emergency ward. My reply is "just take me home" in a convincing manner. On the way home I'm aware that this is not good and later agree with my wife to go to our local Care Now facility.

We are there about an hour and a half and eventually find out that I'm all busted up, this will fall under "the fun never stops" heading, and you will remember that we've been here before.

It's decided that I will be transported by EMT to Harris downtown Fort Worth. This is my first experience in an ambulance, and it was a very interesting thing for me. I had a nice guy to talk too all the way in. We arrive at the emergency room, and they are ready to see me. They explain that they don't have a lot of confidence in Care Now, and they're going to take their own X-rays. The fractures are confirmed, and I learn that this kind of thing usually requires 8-12 weeks of rehab. I'm remembering the "fun" reference to all this stuff about now.

I'm sent up to "my room" and it's still early enough for everybody to show up to see just what grampa looks like. My little five-year-old granddaughter didn't quite know what to do about all this and did come over for a brief hug and then went back with everyone else and pretty much starred at me until they all left. My wonderful wife never left my side.

I learn the next morning that they didn't have a large "boot" in the emergency room and had jammed my foot into a medium which was all they had, what!?
    The therapy guy shows up and he wants to know what I "can do'. he has a regular walker that I'm familiar with that has a cane fastened to the right side with a V shaped channel on it that I can put my broken arm on for stability. I walk to the bathroom and then to the door to hear him say that "you're not going to rehab, you're to stable, they won't take you". He comes back later in the day, and I make it out of my room and across the hall. He's an exceptional man and we become friends.

I have been receiving pain meds all through this ordeal because I do need a little relief, but mostly because they're there. The next morning a doctor shows up and he wants to know what my pain level is, and I tell him I'm not experiencing any at the moment. His reply is 'you're going home today."

So that's Wednesday and I lay low that week. I do discover that I have large ankle boot in my closet that I can't remember what it was used for. It was a welcome relief to put it on my scrunched-up foot. The bruising on this foot is amazing to see and I do think that the smaller boot is responsible for some of it.

Monday, I go to a local "bone-guy", and he takes off my cast and X-rays everything again, including my foot and installs a new cast on my arm, after shooting the wrist with Novi cane and pulling it apart. I told him that I could see what he was doing and feeling the pressure of his two hands relieving the compression that the fall had produced. I asked him if he had put everything back in alignment and he replied that he had.

He sets up an appointment for me to see his "buddy' all the way down to Burleson on Wednesday. This guy removes the new cast and again takes his own x-rays. He comes in and tells me that he's replacing the cast with a wrist brace that feels amazing. He also makes a very strange statement to me. He says that I have "an attitude of healing". I get the impression that his buddy the "bone guy" has said this to him.

So here it is Sunday, fifteen days after sustaining all this damage, and I have removed the brace and the boot, and everyday things are feeling a little bit better.

I looked up the phrase that they used, and it is a term that's used by the medical community. The only way that I can respond to this is to say that these members of my body live in the thankfulness and gratefulness' of the knowledge that their creator is sovereign over everything that they were created for. This includes my compromised eyesight, and everything else.
    Everything was created for a reason and a purpose in the kingdom of God.
    This gives me great peace when trouble comes.

I'm also grateful IMG_3922.jpg and thankful for you and this thing were are involved in.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
  7. Jer, here's hoping for a continuing recovery, you're tougher than me, I'd have been screaming like a little girl!

Mick

8. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Good to see you on the mend & keeping a positive attitude JJ.

9. ne'erdowell

ne'erdowell

Glad you're healing quickly, sounds like the progress is partly from the medical team you have but mostly on your part. Hope you're all good soon.

drdave and rodncustomdreams like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

Wow what a bummer. Glad you are on the mend.

drdave and rodncustomdreams like this.
  11. Wow Jer. The medical community must have quite a large portfolio on you! Very glad you are quick to the mend. Feel better buddy!

-Dave

drdave likes this.
  12. brady1929

brady1929

Get well soon.

rodncustomdreams and drdave like this.
  13. Gosh Jerry, I get back from vacation and am "greeted" with an unexpected turn of events. I would offer up that I will be praying for your recovery, but it sounds like you are well on your way, so I'll just jump on the tail end and be praying all continues well!!

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  14. jivin jer

jivin jer

Report: The nose is outwardly repaired, still sore, the ankle is at 90% and feels good with no little "zaps" to remind me what I've put it through. The wrist suffered the most damage trying to break that fall, and it's probably at 75% and if I put it in a certain position, it reminds me what I've done to it and "we aint there yet".

So there is minimal progress in the shop and that will continue for a while. In our search for an interim location to be at while we build our house at Robson Ranch, we discovered a centrally located "retirement home community" that we could stay at for a while as we market our house. It turned out so perfect that after talking everything over with our kids we've decided to drop the Robson Ranch deal and settle down here at Discovery Village in the Alliance area. It's perfectly located so that we actually can access our local areas that we're familiar with better than from "the house". It is amazing how things can work themselves out. PTL!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024 at 9:23 PM