Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Radical Ray Erickson

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Matt, My condolences on the passing of your grandfather.

2. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Ray was a fun guy to be around, Sharp as a pencil and a living history book, He could look at an old K.C.T.A pic and not only tell you who the car owners name was but also what mill they were running and what their best time was. I know I will miss him for sure...

3. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry so many of the pics in this thread are gone. I can tell you that I did not move them, they must be a casualty of the Big Changeover.

4. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Justin Greene, an excellent summation of the sheer power of Ray's will. You can certainly write, my friend!

Brer, thanks for bringing Ray's story to Ryan's attention.

Ryan, thanks for bringing it to the fore.

And finally, thanks to Ray for finally jumping into the HAMB (no small feat for an old guy!) with full enthusuiasm, to tell his stories firsthand.

My condolences to Ray's family during this sad and reflective time in our lives.

5. 39-2dr

39-2dr
    from MISSOURI

Ray was a wealth of information and sharp as a tack. He was easy to talk to and was always eager to do so. He and Fred Riley were running buddies. God now has his hands full with the both of them there. If there's no drag strip there, it just a matter of time. The weather looks decent this Saturday for a sendoff. Hope to see you there.