Register now to get rid of these ads!

Post pulled in R&C thread

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by denis4x4, Jul 31, 2014.

1. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

In the olden days, there was generally a list of the moderators at the bottom of the page. Your site, you make the rules. However, one could debate a pulled post with a mod listed on the site. I can no longer see a list of the mods. From my point of view, I was pointing out that the speciality interest magazine business is in trouble in all fields. Perhaps it was pulled because I pointed to the HAMB as one of the reasons car magazines are going down the tube. No blame there, just a fact of life.

2. Check your conversations...usually one is sent by the moderator who deleted it.

I don't see that one of your threads/posts was deleted...can you send a link or give more info? There are at least 2 active R&C threads...

3. Denis,,it's still there...HRP

The thread....http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/rip-rod-custom-magazine.926222/page-17#post-10541669

I've been a student of the special interest magazine business for longer than I care to admit. My wife is a quilter and she received notice this week that her favorite magazine is closing shop. This particular publisher is not unlike PrimeMedia or TEN with plenty of titles that overlap coverage on a hobby. Like others here, she will get an extension with a magazine she doesn't particularly want.

In my opinion, R&C is just the first of countless books in many special interest fields that will fall by the wayside as newstand/subscription sales drop like rock. I do take umbrage with the many posts here bashing the suits and referring to "corporate greed"; the print business is circling the drain due to the fact that you can get instant results here on the HAMB without spending a dime.

4. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I stand corrected....thank you

If you don't go first class, your heirs will!