Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please stop the pop-ups

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by gnichols, May 6, 2015.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I don't know where they are coming from, but I've started to get these stupid popups on the lower left hand of the screen on the HAMB that evidently think I want to know who is posting what. They don't stay long, and I'm certain I won't ever use them or wiil be faintly interested in why they are there, but would the guy who thought they were cool and useful please turn them off?
    Gary

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Geez man...

To help make you more aware, those are notification pop ups. You get them when someone sends you a convo, likes a post of yours, or responds to a thread you are watching.

I am only testing them this week. They aren't final or anything.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

I vote no (not that I really HAVE a vote!) I use the FORUM pull down menu to see the new posts.

4. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

Surprised the shit out of me ,but you can click on them and it will take you to the thread you have tagged. Kind like a automatic search engine , I like them Frank

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

They are off right now.

6. Personally,I like the idea.

Ryan,could it be something added to our profile that we could subscribe or opt out if we wanted ? HRP

7. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I kinda dig......

8. Didn't bother me any.

9. LAROKE

LAROKE

It's the new flat black. Wave of the future.

10. Man Ryan can't win. Guys cried and cried and cried that there was no pop up notification when you got a convo (former PM) and they were missing them because they couldn't remember to look at their mail icon to see if they had any and now he adds them and guys complain that they are there.:rolleyes:

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Story of my life... :)

sodbuster and lothiandon1940 like this.
  12. I like them. Maybe like HRP suggests, people could opt out of having them. I think they're a nice feature and I'm not even sucking up to the boss.:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. 48olds

48olds

I'm a big nobody around here but I sure don't mind them. I like being more aware of the threads I've subscribed to or a conversation I'm in. Maybe an option like Hrp said.

14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I like them off. Seems that in the olden days (pre-last big HAMB change) I got an email notice when someone responded to a PM. That was PERFECT. I think I can slosh thru the rest without an extra prompting, thank you. Please don't send any extra stuff out flashing, crawling, popping, or vibrating my way. Perhaps what urks me more is that I have my pop-up levels set to high, so the thought that the HAMB stuff can undercut those precautions is troubling. And then, should we talk of all the crazy health related crapopla that comes in every morning? Seems to me none of that was happening before the last change either. Is it just me, or has "going mobile" junked up the system? Gary

Last edited: May 9, 2015
  15. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

I dig the option idea.

16. 1-SHOT

1-SHOT
    from Denton

I wish they would stap up a little longer so I can read them and maybe a close putt on. But I like it. Frank