Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Pat pryor's <handmade> 32 roadster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pat Pryor, Sep 21, 2010.

1. beater32

beater32

2. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

3. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

im thinkin in 10 years a corsair or a ju 87 stuka dive bomber maybe if i have enough room a B 17.:rolleyes:

4. BEAR

BEAR

5. Screamin J Pito

Screamin J Pito

Just got done flipping through your last build and man, I'm STOKED to watch this one!!

6. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

so got some work done this weekend. finished up the firewall except the mounting points for the dash tunnel, still have to go and double check measurments. so me and john (29Cabby) got started on the subframe. more to come later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  7. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

well i got the frame into a roller mainly because my dad wants me to move everything off the grass and out of his way. but its looking good and coming together. havent done much to it lately because i still need to take measurements and im looking for a garage also. got to go finish up ill post pics later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    the firewall fits great like an original.

[​IMG]
    the brooklin blow out. if anyones got an extra shitty tire laying around let me know. 16 / 550

[​IMG]
    i could even crank start her. im gonna try and keep that lined up with the grill and rad maybe it could be functional

brEad likes this.
  8. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

for my drive shaft i am pretty sure i cant cut down the 38 shaft because its high tempered steel. so what year drive shaft do i need? or do they sell kits? im sure ive seen people cut originals down befor.

9. 510madmav

510madmav

You might have seen these already..I came across them on one of the metal shaping forums, thought you'd like to see them if you haven't yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

damn. thanks. that may help out

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

12. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Pat You have the Power my friend, Amazing work with out the polished shop floor, Wicked Kool...

13. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks guys. yea i got the freshly raked floor now. and soon it will be the freshly shoveled shop floor if i dont get a place soon

14. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

Wayne's Speed Shop is starting a Homeless Hot Rods donation fund for Pat Pryor

15. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Man, you better hurry up.....NJ winter is ON ITS WAY. Today I came outside after a dentist appt, swore it was 4pm....looked at my watch....ONLY 1pm!!! WTH?!? Dark days are upon us, my friend....and sore backs with shovels in hand are imminent.

16. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

i know, it makes me sick. now i can only work on the weekends. i dont know what to do with all this built up energy. but i will find a place soon i hope

17. gonzo

gonzo

I hope you find a shop soon because I know what you NJ boys do with any extra penned up energy, I've seen pictures! Also 2012 baby!

18. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

oopp! ;)

19. Put me down for a buck:D

20. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ok so today i machined some dies to punch those circles in my firewall. hear it is ,and my practice peace. the practice peace was stainless and not as easy to shape as steel. this weekend ill give it a shot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

nice. also if you lube up the metal a bit and use an impact gun instead of wrenches to close the die you might get a better result. i have a tire for a roller, but its just that A ROLLER you couldnt ever drive on it its just as cracked up as that one is, shipping wouldnt even make it worth it tho.

22. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

yea i did it dry on the stainless ill try some oil on the steel when i do it and yea ill give the impacet a shot. atleast ill get it done a faster lol.
    thanks john my buddy just found one for me the other day. all i needed was a roller i was just worried id blow out that tire when moveing it around with that hole. thanks again

23. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Im pretty sure I already gave him my spare change!!:D

[​IMG]

Looks great Pat!, Keep it up!

24. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

hahahahaha thanks. heres one my buddy did a while back lol

[​IMG]

25. sololobo

sololobo

Pat, lookin swell my friend, thought about you at The Revolution show this weekend, you had such kind words for The Hoodlum build of my friend Dick Warsoki's. We had a great time sharing it with the folks. this weekend. Hope you can make it next year with one of your hip creations, this was the coolest event I have ever attended! Rock on man. ~Sololobo~

26. Patdoody

Patdoody

good work. I am excited to see how this turns out. The lack of a roof should simplify some things for you.

27. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

so the other day i went and visited one of the local old timers Mel (Dirtyest devil) to finish taking mesurements of his roadster. and i picked his brain on the art of paper patterns. so now i can get to work! thanks buddy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks buddy. ill try n make it down there next year. if not maybe ill run into u guys on the way out to bonneville.

29. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

thanks, yea its gonna make it so much easyer. thank god i dont have to hammer out anymore windows. well maybe not intill the next build :rolleyes:

30. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You need a profile transfer tool, the wood nuts use them to copy crown moulding and details for trim wood. The thing looks like a comb, it has about 500 pins that slide, you place it on a flat surface so all the guides are in line. You then place it against the item, it will give you the exact shape of the part, you take a pencil and transfer the shape to paper, on a consistent curve you would get the shape and transfer it to your pattern and deem it as a through out measure. On complex areas you would grid on a one inch square area on that pattern paper, each line top to bottom will be numbered, each line side to side lettered, as you take the template sample you would say be on grid point A 1, this could have a piece of complex curve in it, at A 1 you would sample, draw the shape on a legend off of the transfer tool and denote Shape at A 1. For an arch you would be able to transfer to your grid drawing.
    If I get a chance tomorrow I will show you what I know, I took 6 years of Architecture all to find out most of them make half what a shit smuggler makes.