Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Panel striping on my Corvette

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moriarity, May 24, 2023.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Three or four people don't like some shit and we focus on that?

WTF fellas?

That Corvette is so dope. I love it so much... and the stripes are the cherry on top in my opinion.

The Corvette world is interesting. I fucking hate stereotypes, but it might be the one genre in the car world that actually fits. I mean, some of those dudes have sticks super far up their asses.

I do a lot of vintage Porsche events and other things that require me to be around "porsche enthusiasts" and figured stepping in would be like going into a country club - quiet and uncomfortable. Turns out, those dudes drive their cars WAYYYYYY harder than most hot rodders.

Did a Ferrari thing last year and figured it would be chock full of dudes talking about portfolios and how few miles their cars have. Instead, they went to an airstrip and did top speed runs.

Did a Corvette thing in Bowling Green like ten years ago... I literally saw an argument almost come to blows over the part number for a caliper bracket... and which was correct for a specific year...

catdad49, porkshop, El Hueso and 16 others like this.
  2. silent rick

silent rick

i think the discussion here is that mark feels the need to censor people who have a different opinion of his car, in the old days on the hamb, we would tell him to grow thicker skin.

if you don't have anything nice to say...

yeah, i heard that too growing up. i also heard you can't please everyone.

Last edited: May 26, 2023
    SS327 and swade41 like this.
  3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I just read the deleted post... I mean... whatever... if that dude has an issue, he can get out of my wake.

It's fine to not like something. Hell, I don't like a lot of shit... Most everything Starbird built? Don't care for it? Most Roth show cars? Not my thing. Many of the Barris cars? Whatever...

But it just takes a shitty person to go into the fine details about someone else's car and why it's "tacky."

This whole thing sort of reminds me of the modern Twitter politics and their followers. Fuck followers. And fuck the idea that you can't express an opinion without bagging on others...

catdad49, Nostrebor, bowie and 7 others like this.
  4. That’s it after class meet me behind the gym we’re gonna duke it out

Outback, SS327, 427 sleeper and 5 others like this.
  5. As far as negative comments at shows or where ever.
    I’m good with em.
    I actually have fun with em at shows. I like getting creative with answers to dumb negative questions.

On a funny side note, I did a lot of repair work on fancy high end cars.
    The Porsche, Ferrari…. European guys were mostly very cool. But…..

those vette club guys.

bout 75-90% douchebags.
    Resto guys arguing over “it got simi-gloss, not flat black after sept 64” garbage

But as far as one of the bosses getting “upset” (doubt he loses one wink of sleep) about a comment on his ride, crap goes both ways.

210superair likes this.
  6. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

No fair grabbing Lloyd by his man bun Scotty

7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I went back and undeleted the one post I took down. I probably should not have deleted it. I was just so damned thrilled with how my car looks with it's new stripe job that I figured I would share it with people (on a traditional hot rod and custom forum) And mistakenly thought that everyone would be happy for me... guess not. Just a small minority did not care for it and I am ok with that...

8. How do ya’ll like my bunny with a pancake on his head?
    E468C108-C173-4B85-AF2A-9AB9692B3D2F.jpeg

porkshop, SS327, guthriesmith and 9 others like this.
  9. It’s a twat knot

10. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I was so waiting for the bunny! Fucking awesome

11. Been awhile since the bunny came out lol...

catdad49, swade41 and scotty t like this.
  13. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

Fuggin a man. Fuggin, a. Car looks awesome in your eyes. (mine too, but I digress)

The whole point is who gives af what anyone else thinks Mark! I mean only a lunatic would put two motors in a minibike homey! Lol...

Negative shit gets said on here all the time. My car included. But censoring it because we disagree ain't cool. Hell, it ain't even traditional! Hot rods and customs inspire a lot of feelings, not all positive, but it's all part of the experience! I don't mind if someone bags on my ride man. It ain't their fault they're an idiot! Lol.....

14. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

White/Gray bunnies never came with the pancake option. Strictly Brown/ Black versions and only 50 were even built! Don't post about sh_t you know nothing about. I'm pissed now , anyone seen my tire shine and detail spray?

15. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Its next to your plastic master cylinder

16. Better clean your white leather New Balance shoes and your gold chains too:D

17. Mark, there's philistines in every crowd. I've never let their lack of imagination effect what I decide to do with my car, you shouldn't either.

PS... I still like the ray-gun taillights more than the diamonds... LOL

18. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Let me throw a wrench in to this thread. (Or a custom lawnmower.) Oh no, there's some striping on there...;) Do you still have this Mark?
    CIMG0054-1.jpg CIMG0055.jpg CIMG0062.jpg

catdad49, LOST ANGEL, tommyd and 5 others like this.
  19. Nostrebor, SS327, 427 sleeper and 4 others like this.
  20. silent rick

silent rick

don't let any of this stop your creativity or keep you from posting any updates in the future. just don't let any negative comments bother you

21. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Let's try this.........
    I won't say I don't like it, I do, it's just that I LOVED IT SO MUCH before the panel striping!

22. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

elgringo71, 427 sleeper and SDhotrod like this.
  23. 210superair

210superair
    from Michigan

I still think your coolest piece was that minibike. What's that thing called, a flea? Super tiny. You offered to sell it to me. Still got that?

24. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have 2 Ohllson and rice 1 hp mini bikes. One is a little pedro and the other is a grasshopper. I still have them...

25. DAMN IT. I've been busy and haven't been on here for about a week.
    And then I see THIS?
    This 'Vette was cool before but now it's over the top, just oozing "little pages era coolness".

I'm going to have to find my way back up there one of these days. I'll make DAMN sure you're home first.

26. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scotty... It looks better in person than it does on the H.A.M.B... How does that make you feel... :rolleyes:o_O:eek::oops::D

27. 427 sleeper

427 sleeper
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Which one do you eat first? :confused:

SS327, 210superair and lumpy 63 like this.
  28. Pan cake for breakfast bunny for lunch?

SS327, lumpy 63 and 427 sleeper like this.
  29. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like crappy opinions. Hammers the point home. I mean, it's not like you did the stripes in pink and baby blue FFS. AND, it's you. Anything you have is an extension of your viewpoint and tastes. Your 61, it would almost suck if it was a stock 4spd 409 car cuz it's not YOU.

And about the Vette all I can add is that it's the perfect addition to the vibe that car has. In the future it almost CAN NOT be restored to stock. Point made, or my crappy opinion. Dealer's choice.

Nostrebor, Sancho, lumpy 63 and 5 others like this.
  30. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tastes just like chicken