Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Paint safety at home..is anything safe to spray ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustytoolss, Mar 27, 2024.

1. I went out in the shop and pulled one out of the cabinet. It turned out to be a 5200 series with 5100 packs. That is what I have used when not using the forced air unit for at least a decade. memory failure again. :) Either unit is a step above any other that I looked at. I was told that the life of a cartridge was 20 hours and to keep them in a sealed bag when not using them. Now you know all that I know about them. :)

Sharpone likes this.
  2. 31Apickup

31Apickup

I invested in a breathing supply compressor set up about 25 years ago. At my old house I kept it in the basement, put a sleeve through the wall to run the hose out. I could reach all around a car in the detached garage with the hose. Use it for painting, sandblasting and even welding when I was dealing with rocker panels that had been galvanized. Worth the investment. Seen used ones at swap meets over the last several years for reasonable prices. Don’t smell any fumes. Current place I set it up in the garage with a sleeve thru the wall and prime in one of those portable garages outside. In terms of adverse affects, it’s all about genetics, some it doesn’t bother others it’ll take ‘‘em down .

X-cpe and Sharpone like this.
  3. JimSibley

JimSibley

It is funny to me that everyone agrees on how dangerous automotive paint is, yet most people bitch about how much a good paint job costs. I paint every day, make sure the mask you have fits correctly. This is the most important factor.

X-cpe, anthony myrick and Sharpone like this.