Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2016 update Ozarks Hot Rod Reunion Pic's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flux capacitor, Jun 27, 2015.

1. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Rogersville, Mo. Vintage Drag Racing pics over last few hours. Here's some pics of great cars!
    Event flyer image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Stick car 56 post
    image.jpg
    image.jpg Lots o Willys action!
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Owner told my boy he could sit n it but don't start it. My boy told him he may have a problem with that! That's my son! I'll post a bunch more n about 2 to 4 hours on way home! A great first annual event. Flux

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Great pictures, Thanks for posting.

flux capacitor likes this.
  3. 296ardun

296ardun

thanks for posting, looks like some great cars there...

4. thanks, looks like a cool event, lookin forward to more.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool - Thanks

6. willymakeit

willymakeit

Had to work. Wish I could have been there.

7. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We had a blast. Stuck my Dad's traditional '27 Roadster in the Show and Shine and made a couple of fun passes. For grins, before we left this morning we swapped out the wheels and tires from the Austin build! Turned the little rod into a mod! LOL.

Great show, good turn out for an inaugural event. It was a lot of fun and what a beautiful day in the Ozarks!

20150627_174329-1.jpeg

loudbang and flux capacitor like this.
  8. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I busted it up there straight as I got off work myself, was a really great inaugural event. Here's some more pics.
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    396 Chevy n the "Coupe" , Henry J Blown V8
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  9. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

I loved your dads "T", nice to see him having a great time! image.jpg The cragars drew me in...... But I LOVE the door panels! image.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. He is still smiling! I am worried I'm not going to get my slicks back! LOL!

11. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

More awesome afternoon pics ...... image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg The proverbial monster "FE" side oiler I presume? My next door neighbors got her dads side oiler that won 71 gator nats in her garage, this looked a lot like it. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg Whew....... A fun afternoon. Hope u guys enjoy'd the pics! Flux

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
    elgringo71 likes this.
  12. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

It was a great day. I helped Hooley run the orange "Okie Twister" Henry J. We are to take it and David's blue 32 Chevy coupe to the Bryon Meltdown next month. We have had a lots of fun running the Henry J the last few years.

So we were in the same spots a lot during the day and I had no idea that there were any others from the HAMB close by. Thanks for taking the pictures, I forgot to take a camera and Hooley never got his out of the truck.

John

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

VERY COOL PICS

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

Nostalgia including the facility. Thanks for sharing.

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Liking the Rumbling Rambler

16. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

It was one of those cool oddities , I liked it too that roofline is weird! Flux

17. Lot's of fun.

18. Great pics! Looks like a really good time.

19. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Ok , it's here again ! After I get off work earlier Saturday afternoon , I'm heading across the Ark /Mo border for the 2 hour drive arriving at OIR for the ....... 2016 image.jpeg Gonna be some cool weather that'll make for some good racing. This is the first of two like events this season. I'll try to take lots of pics & post the next day, I'll be hobbling around as a happy spectator with a messed up right foot with my two 12 year old racing buddies. Hope some Hambs will be this year again! Good luck to all the Hambs Racing & showing too. I'm ready to see Duced Up's cool ride! Flux.

20. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Hooley and I will be there with the "Okie Twister" Henry J again this year. Stop by and say hello.

John

21. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

10-4 ! Good luck too! Flux

22. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

It was s Great afternoon for vintage drag racing. Turn out a little light today but definitely worth the trip. Seen some local pals of mine & enjoyed meeting WZ JUNK & Took some good pics of the "Okie Twister". One of my good friends was on a roll in his 56 sedan & wound up Racing Hooley in the final round of the day & I gotta say Hooley's bunch are an A1 bunch of guys as my pal's 56 battery was deader than a hammer just as it was time to leave for the burnout box. They were super nice & gave him time to get it fixed, good sportsmanship indeed, but experience reigned supreme as the Okie Twister crew beat him out by I believe .0035 ! Man I love good close racing & I love this event, here comes the pics! Flux
    image.jpeg My pal Logan In the 56 vs Hooley in the "Okie Twister" Henry J , final run for gas coupes today

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  23. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Another friend in his decades old real deal 55 gasser "left lane" two great guys. image.jpeg My son on left explaining something to his pal . My 12 year old racing buddies are pretty sharp on this stuff & I think today planted their roots a little deeper in the hobby. It starts by sitting the pupils in their first gasser, Lol..... I really would like to thank John again for inviting them to have a in car seat of the "pants perspective" image.jpeg
    This is great! Getting them into it at a young age! I know two little fellas who talked about how awesome it was all the way home tonight.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

24. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg I really appreciated this nice fella also asking the boys if they'd like to slide behind the wheel ..... image.jpeg
    I'm thinking a couple decades from now , if they continue to love the hobby I'll be able to ride with them as they drive me to cool car events in my golden years.... Ha ha , flux image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

25. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    A true time capsule & another local car guy with great taste in enjoying drag racing history.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    Slant 6 ! I told the boys about the"leaning tower of power"
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    image.jpeg My friends 56 that runnered up got a donor battery from his grand pa's beautiful 57 , which sports a 327 mill & filly syncronized 3 speed overdrive. image.jpeg

Last edited: May 14, 2016
  26. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

27. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

A great day all around. It was fun to meet you and the boys. Thanks for posting the pictures.

John

28. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Thanks to you too !

29. Man, why was this not going on while I lived there?? Oh woe is me.

I really like the inline engines. Some beautiful machines. I should know, but have not recognized the engine in the # 97 dragster.

I will add my THANKS, Flux.

Ben

30. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    396 in the 55 & the willys appeared to be steel bodied.
    image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg A correction from last year , a SBC & not a 396, a rather impressive power plant when it's in action!