Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods On the Road in a Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 24, 2009.

1. nsh57

nsh57

Here's a little january snow in ohio. Never too cold for a roadster ride!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I'm getting a bad, bad case of Model A Roadster fever....The hell with a coupe.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  3. I need A roadster.

4. flatoz

flatoz

many a time i have been caught in the rain. it doesn't snow here that often, but the rain can be , well, obstructive.

starting out, no sight of rain.

[​IMG]

some rain,

[​IMG]

lots of rain,

this was on the way to a hotrod event. I had to wait at the gate as I was early. luckily I carry an umbrella with me so didn't get overly wet.

you can see it dripping off the steering wheel.

always wondered what the people I passed though.

it was a bit miserable that day, not what I would call roadster weather, but when I set off from home it was ok.

[​IMG]

5. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

sweet thread, I can't wait till my roadster is done.

6. sr

sr
    from Monterey

Yeah that 29 roadster has problems...............ITS FRIGGIN PERFECT! love it!

7. LOUDpipes

LOUDpipes
    from Finland

August Saturday morning in Finland. Motor way is almost empty. Sun is breaking through the mist. The old FH powered roadster is running great at 90 mph...FH still a bit cold...
    LOUD

Attached Files:

8. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice little sand bar to surf just back behind ya, and Swamis farther up the road...oh to be back home...

9. trad27

trad27

I love that first pic, Thanks for my new background

10. skidsteer

skidsteer

Okay, I grew up in the 60's, and most of my friends were already into 40's and early 50's flathead Fords; the guys with jobs maybe could afford a '55 Chevy. I never rode in a roadster until last month, after a HAMB breakfast, in Homemadehardtop57's 'A' roadster on deuce rails. A Caddy mill, with 6 deuces, I was floored. Jive-bomber's thread hits the nail on the head. Everything was vibrating; there was no roof; we were inches from the asphalt; just like in the video; and oh yes, I had to hold onto my hat with both hands. Seatbelts???? ---- No, we don't have any, but at this point, why would you bother?

11. moses

moses

been there done it all in a roadster .....jeffrey

12. Justin B

Justin B

i still live here, about a mile from ponto, but my knees are so f'ed up i can't surf anymore. sometimes it really sucks to drive down pch. about 8 years ago i realised it was more painfull than fun, paddled in gave my board to a kid and gave him my address, said come by later with some friends i've got more, went back to the beach a few days later and gave away a bunch of wetsuits. don't know if it was a good thing or not, at the time it made sence but my knees are still really screwed up, and i'm fatter now.

here's another shot from just south of there passing my favorite local spot seaside, when it got good the left was really fun, steep, little boil on the takeoff. when the sand would get pushed down in the winter the sandbar would fill in just north of the reef, during that el nino in 99? it was amazing for a few weeks straight.

[​IMG]

13. fivelitreford

fivelitreford
    from Nova,Ohio

OK....Mine is staying out this year until there is salt on these OHIO roads!
    NO HEAT.... NO BIGGIE!!! Back in the middle of October a few of us decided to drive to the 2nd Annual Nostaglia Nationals in Bowling Green, KY from Ashland, OH. 40's and rain entire trip down and down to 28 and crisp on return trip... Lets just say it was pretty cold and we had to use a spatula to scrape our gonads off the seats by the time we got back.... BUT WE DON'T HAVE TRAILER QUEENS....

Attached Files:

14. lorodz

lorodz

oh man i need to make time and get my ass on the ball to finish my roadster ...

15. MengesTwinCustoms

MengesTwinCustoms

i am going to go work on my roadster right now!

16. sololobo

sololobo

Ass kickin post folks, man nothin like it!! Love all the shots, the caravans, the ultimate rides. I am with straycat Mick that, inthe rain roadster with the water rooster tails flying is a true poster shot!! Thanx for the cheep thrills gang! My South Omaha turd gang friends will drive their roadsters anytime anywhere!! How high's the water Momma?? ~Sololobo~

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

How about Off road in a pepper field:D

Attached Files:

18. My friend Russ (doubleTtrouble) has logged on many of mile in his famous T "The Mantis". Thats him driving, Payne next to him, and Jadeidol and The Duke in the back.

[​IMG]

19. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Driving thru Yosemite NP and a rest stop on hwy 1 south of Big Sur. both taken in Aug '09

Attached Files:

20. Laurent

Laurent

Here I am On the road to the UK's Hotrod Hayride
    [​IMG]

21. striper

striper

Got caught in the rain in my Modified for the first time on Sunday. My head pokes over the windscreen so there's no getting out of it. Fortunately I found a bridge before I got too wet.

I found out that rain is hard at 70.

Pete

22. 2002p51

2002p51

I've posted this photo on here before but I like it. This was back when we lived in San Diego. Those of you who are still there should recognize the PCH down past Torrey Pines heading towards Del Mar. This was 7:00 am on a cold December day.

[​IMG]

The cold in a roadster doesn't bother me. That's what coats, hats, and gloves are for, but rain is something else.

I've been caught in the rain in our roadster enough times to know I don't like it. If caught out in it I'll try to find a place to wait it out. If I know there's going to be rain, I don't go. Call me a wuss if you want, I don't care. I not only get rain on both sides of the windshield, but also on both sides of my glasses to the point where I can't see shit! Plus, I don't like it much when my front tires are turned and the car is still going straight! :eek:

I love driving a roadster but in the rain with no top, wipers, or fenders, it just ain't no fun.

23. Yeah Keith;
    But driving your beautiful roadster on a sunny day AND in
    the Cotswolds has to be a ultimate experience.
    Was there for a week in 2001 and lucked out with sunny days
    whole time.
    Bill.

24. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Bill,

Shame you lucked out on the Cotswolds in the sun, it really is a special place, just great for driving a Roadster :)

Any plans to come back ? ?

Keith

25. Kieth;
    Maybe in a few years. Was a facinating trip for me. Went to all the
    motorcycle places and did a lot of family research. Last name is Acock.
    Cheers,
    Bill.

26. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

I don't have a roadster but I do know the feeling of being in the cold and rain. Open top no doors no fenders Jeep. Tires stuck out so that it would kick it up in your face and the back tires would kick it back at you from behind.
    Im always smiling when I ride in that.

27. wizzard23

wizzard23

First weekend in May'2007' 330 miles one way to Dewey. We were in rainsuits for 4 days. And after driving in a 70 mph sidewind on the way home" I know how Willie Borsch must have felt! Wouldnt trade these memories for anything.

28. trad27

trad27

Buetifull day here in Bako, me and my wife were crusing in the roadster and seen a bunch of old cars and hot rods and just taged along. Turnes out it was a cruise, didnt know where we were going but just followed. Ended up at a car show at a high school great day meet some cool people and seen some cool cars. [​IMG] [​IMG]

29. Little bigger for ya. Bud.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Me and my nephew in the 1000$ 32 Roadster at El Mirage. Yeah blurry because I was in 3rd gear going pretty decent while trying to take a picture with my left hand.-Weeks

[​IMG]

30. trad27

trad27

Thanks Weeks, yeah just a little blurry, it makes my head hurt trying to make that pic out.