Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old piston part number help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by knuckle_buster, Oct 1, 2012.

1. They're supposed to be forged TRW's but the part numbers just don't seem right for TRW. They are 454, 60 over domes. 1802P stamped up top. I think 252-99 and 252-97 in the bottom. I've googled myself sick and all I can find is some battery pack for a ryobi drill... That part number sounds more like a sealed power number to me but I have no way to reference it.

Help? Anyone?

Deuces likes this.
  2. saltracer219

saltracer219

That number is not a TRW number. It sounds like a Ohio/Nylen piston company number. They are out of business. To my knowledge they never made a forged piston. I used to be a dealer for them back in the 80's. They made OEM cast replacement pistons. I will look to see if I have an old catalog.

Deuces likes this.
  3. I didn't think they were forged either. But I couldn't pass the deal up on that set and rod combo. I'll try to get a picture of them this afternoon. They were advertised as 12.5:1 with 118's, they've got a good size dome so that part may be right.
    Thanks for the reply and any info you can give me on them.

Deuces likes this.
  4. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

I wish this was positive info but -alas. My Sealed Power catalog lists numbers like 2375PA and 8448P for stock replacememt pistons. Their Speed Pro catalog lists hi-po pistons as 7053P and 7060P.(All for 454).

5. Maybe I'm missing something on them. I've only found one result searching for them and its not the best in the world. Was on some chevelle site. Lol at least I know I'm not the only one with a set of these.

Deuces likes this.
  6. saltracer219

saltracer219

I have a very comprehensive piston cross reference with about every manufacturer you have ever heard of and some you haven't and that is not a good number anywhere. It may have been stamped by a vendor like Speed-o-motive or one of the others who put together their own engine kits.

Deuces likes this.
  7. I'll see if I can find another number. But I don't recall any other stampings. Was also wondering if they may have been a set from some kind of build kit from PAW or something of that sort. I remember a few companies back in the day that had some kits that didn't have big name parts in them.

Deuces likes this.
  8. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

9. Sorry if they're big. I'm working off my phone here. One has 252 stamped on top other than 1802P. They all have 0.60, but thats just the 60 over stamp. 252-99 and 252-97 inside as shown on the last picture. I'm about to give up on the search and just leave it unknown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. The P on the end is what made me think Speed Pro or Sealed Power... I have no idea anymore.

11. sealed power numbers work like this; if you see just 1802p thats a standard bore what ever the engine. 60 over would be 1802p60. could be an old number thats been replaced. parts companys do that alot. if i remeber i'll look it up tomorrow at work (car quest)

12. I appreciate it. I'm not sure why I'm even making it such an ordeal anymore. They're going in a low buck build that's come from 2nd hand parts anyway. I guess it would be a good idea to know in case I try to sell it off at some point.

13. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

kinda look like speed pro's

open chamber

:cool:

it may take me a while..
    i might be able to find the OLD part numbers
    and thats what they are the old part numbers

14. And thats why I turn here for things I can't figure out. Thank you HenryJ and everyone else that's helped me out on this.

Deuces likes this.
  15. C10LIFE

C10LIFE

Those pistons are venolia pistons here's there info i have a set of the same pistons

Attached Files:

16. C10LIFE

C10LIFE

The 252-97 # is a venolia Piston #

Deuces likes this.
  17. SS327

SS327

I’m sure after 11 years he just doesn’t care anymore.

18. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Maybe not but it's good info should someone else look for this information.

It closes out the thread with the complete information being supplied.

19. From the pics,,,those are forged pistons as well .

Tommy

Deuces likes this.