Register now to get rid of these ads!

OKAY, Explain Your Avatar!.................

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cargo, Jan 27, 2012.

1. < My '40 Coupe I've owned now for 25 yrs. Geez, this getting old thing ain't all it's cracked up to be.:eek:

Felix 40, Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  2. tguptill

tguptill
    from Maine

My truck when I first dragged it back in the garage after sitting in my backyard for 10 years.

Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  3. OLDSMAN

OLDSMAN
    BANNED

Mine is a picture of my car and myself infront of a restored era filling station in Ord, NE the filling station is the club house of Valley Rods

4. caseofthewillys

caseofthewillys
    from Midwest

It's an old matchbook advertisement for the model 77 willys of 1935-36. I like how it conveys motion with the speeding panel delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Stogy, Ron Funkhouser and The37Kid like this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is OK with me, I still enjoy reading your posts. Bob

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. I liked this shirt so much I had a bunch of them printed to sell at swap meets. They've been pretty popular. :)

When I get my current build on the road, I'll change the picture to one of the car.

7. My answer to a lot of things is a 12 guage pump shotgun loaded with 00 buck shot. I carry a Ruger Blackhawk 44 mag with a ten inch barrel everywhere I go. So my kids got the sign and gave it to me for my birthday.

Stogy, clunker and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  8. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I KEEP CHANGING IT, DON'T KNOW WHY !

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  9. Ha. I enjoy yours, as you already know ! Worrying about wiring and cleaning, is in the grand scheme of all things important. Fire extinguisher please ! :)

I have to add some parts to my current HAMB pile too. Scored a '32 front axle, with 32-34 spindles, also a Hudson Terraplane steering box/mast, '37 front wishbone, and two banjo axles with bones. '35 and a '40. Got some houdailles, but dunno' if the cash will exist to rebuild them. Lastly, a 1940 Mercury frame. Gonna' steal some members from it, maybe every one of them.

Also, no more 70 Torino avatar, I repaved my avatar with HAMB friendly ta-tas. You're welcome.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  10. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

IMG_0536.JPG I change avatars once inna while , currently it is the rear view of my 33 Fordor Vicky C400

11. 39custom

39custom

Growing up in Dunedin New Zealand and having owned the November 1969 issue of New Zealand Hot Rod magazine with Wild Honey on the cover, I was hooked on hot rods from then on.

I now live near Toronto, Canada and building a 39 Ford custom coupe.

Stogy, loudbang and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  12. My Chassis Research Dragster

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

me hugging my favorite person in the world, at one of my favorite spots (The south beach in Qui Nhon, Vietnam) in the world. What could be better than that! VERY few western tourists ever find their way to that spot, you have to drive about 10 miles out of town, then pass through a 100 year old leper colony to access it.;) Incredibly private, incredibly beautiful.

14. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0642.JPG My 63 Impala. Just finishing up a nut and bolt frame off restoration.

Gary

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Stogy, chryslerfan55, OahuEli and 2 others like this.
  15. topher5150

topher5150

Mine is the hood emblem from my 47 Ford

16. Mine is my Hamb name also and was taken just before I pulled it apart to finish it last October. JW
    Edit, its now rebuilt but still looks much the same.

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    Felix 40, Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Bud. If you have any XL or 2XL left, I surely would like to buy a couple. At 70, I like to look down on young guns and make 'em think I am wise. LOL. My # is 210-414-4831. I'm retired, so all anytime.

Late to the Party and loudbang like this.
  18. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

A pic of my 28 tudor project waiting in the garage for some more attention. Should be getting a 37 Ford pickup within the next 2 days to cruise in while working on the 28....

19. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are some kind of design engineer. I have always thought the Model 40 Fords are the most pristine of all early Fords even though I drive a Deuce roadster and a '40 2-dr. Roy Brizio built a Vicky out of a '33 4-dr, but YOUR car is a ragtop. Excellent example.

Dave Mc likes this.
  20. My daily driver for 10 years... o_O

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nash_sml.jpg

The picture in my avatar is one I took in the early 80s in McDougalls Auto Recyclers, Jasper Ontario, Canada near Smiths Falls. I as a young whipper snapper took the train to Grandmas for many years and passed by this yard and it always intrigued me as in look at all the old cars. Fast forward to early to my mid twenties...me and my buddy visited the yard and it was full of deteriorating iron some quite rare and desirable. We bought a few parts and I shot some pics. The car is I believe a 1940 Nash with earned color. The yard has been purged of most of what we see here but it left memories that will last a lifetime. Perhaps some of these now frequent cruise nights and live on...

Actually the yard is now closed and a derelict old property...:confused:...I just went by the other day (2023)...they are still open as a pick and pull...

Jasper_ON_sm.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  22. Self explanatory...

Steve

23. VTjunk

VTjunk

Mine is my 63 Falcon Futura hardtop that I've owned for 25 years. I first spotted it in the 70s as kid and thought it was cool. It was for sale when I was 15 but Dad said no, fast car, had a rep, nothing a 16 year old should own. I ended up with a nice 60 instead. I was able to buy the 63 a couple years later, will never sell either now.
    2017-02-17+17.50.51.png

24. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's changed a little in the past 14 years. Full body off bare metal rebuild roof chop etc. from work boot and mud freindly interior to a little more upmarket. The kids grew up here in it when our 37 coupe got too cramped.
    Still can't resist a kiwi beach pic, avatar on the west coast and new pic on the east coast beach 12 years later.
    20170127_123050.jpg

25. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Not my car in my avatar but very cool pics on the salt flats. My son just asked me the other day why I didn't have one of my own pictured still haven't learned how to post pics on this forum and took up another members offer to post for others pic of their choice and thought it was cool.

26. Hotdoggin DaddyO

Hotdoggin DaddyO
    from Hays, Ks

That's my Grandpa, post WW 2,when he was in Long Beach.

Felix 40, BigO, Stogy and 3 others like this.
  27. IndigoInkTaco

IndigoInkTaco
    from Jersey

Mine is a picture we snapped on the drive home last October. I can't remember if we were in PA/MD or WV when we took it though.

Stogy, VTjunk and Hotdoggin DaddyO like this.
  28. blackanblue

blackanblue

My wife me and brand new grandson with my 31 chevy in the back yard.

clunker, Stogy and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  29. <=== That would be my dog, "Desmo"... I was trying to think of a username one night when signing up on a new forum, he wandered into the room, and there ya have it.

30. wicarnut

wicarnut

My current HAMB ride

Stogy likes this.