Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Official HAMBAndy Dunn Memorial Fund..PLAQUE ART HAS BEEN ADDED

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rich Venza, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guiseart

guiseart

there is a lot more detail than these pictures show, my cam sucks but here is what i got...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. guiseart

guiseart

I thought the girl was taking snapshots, but it was on "video"... hell I didn't know that camera had video, here is a short little in-process shoot.

[​IMG]

3. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Wow! Awesome work!

4. Greg (guiseart) ... simply awesome! ... thanks for lending your talents to the memorial ... as Rich stated, the T-shirts (with your artwork) will be THE shirt for all HAMBers to have in their collection!

5. Wow...Greg that is simply awesome...here's to hopin' we get a good scan on it for the tee shirts...looking forward to this!

6. Paypal sent. Thanks to everyone for your efforts. The kid is truly an inspiration, and I can only hope that he is in a better place.

7. bigken

bigken

Awesome engraving, man. Thanks a ton...........

8. Wesley

Wesley

That is awesome Greg. It shows that you put your heart and soul into this piece of art. I will wear my shirt with pride. As said in earlier posts, this will be a must have for every H.A.M.B.er.!

9. The window stickers arrived from Jason @ Old Town Tattoo in today's mail. I've added the photo to the bottom of the lead post on page #1.
    I will be mailing to the 11 members who only ordered stickers this afternoon.

The plaques should be in next week, and I'll mail to those who ordered a plaque OR plaque and stickers, the same day they arrive.

Thanks to all 90 HAMBers who have stepped up to the plate. Yes, you read that right, 90 out of 70,000+ HAMB members.

Just a tick over one - one thousandth of the membership.

10. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

please contribute to this cause.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  11. art work looks great!!!!but then any one expected something less?????????this is the Hamb...people go to great lengths to help each other out....but this is embarassing ...1,053 replies in the RIP thread for Hambandy....http://66.154.44.164/forum/showthread.php?t=344219
    and yet only 90 people can spare $5.00......well i'm throwing in this weekend after the next check hits the bank....oh yeah and i already ordered 1 of every item...i was probably in the first 20 to order... just to do my part to help Rich and the rest involed to at least try and get the number up to 100.....

so now i get rude....month behind on my house payment...wife's jeep has been down for over 2 months...Lil Beast on hold hangin in the garage...$6.50 fo a pack of smokes.......posers??? wannabe's???keep on typeing, the internet is a great place to go and pretend...i be cool, look what i said on the net....fuckin posers...........

i'll let ya know Rich if i want to purchase more items or just do the donation without any items...maybe i'll use another set of goods to beat the hell out of the posers i meet in the world.....

ya this post may get deleted...but it should be posted for the ones who can't get their shit together...

12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The response numbers are disgraceful...as noted, over a thousand posts, well over 30,000 hits on the death announcement...where did everyone go?
    There were a couple of objectives here...to put Andy's plaques and stickers out there on cars in shows, at Bonneville, at the drags...put his memory into all the places he never had a chance to reach, as well as the very obvious need to help out a family after a long and hideous battle with cancer.
    Anybody??
    Is Andy now so twenty minutes ago??

13. llonning

llonning

In the first post about a fund raiser, I said I would contribute. I did check oout post 18 here. I couldn't/ can't afford it either. BUT I bit the bullet for a good cause and as a tribute to a tough, inspirational young fellow.

COME ON PEOPLE, LET'S HELP THE DUNN'S OUT AND PAY SOME TRIBUTE TO A GREAT YOUNG FELLOW THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HERE A LOT LONGER THAN HE WAS.

"NUFF SAID"

14. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ALRIGHT GUYS.....not sure yelling at people who havent stepped up is the best way to get them on board here! folks are hurting, most people fly right past the stickys, and its still pretty new! im sending my paypal today, im just waiting on a pm from ken to findout about a certain color shirt for my wife!!!! so, lets relax, and just pray for good results....RIP ANDY!

15. Just sent in my PayPal for a brass plaque --- think I'll mount it in my workshop so that Andy can keep an eye on me! THANKS to ALL who have contributed and helped this cause . . . wish I could have met Andy in person, guess I'll wait until we're both cruising our rods on the 'Big Street in the Sky' . . .

Dale

16. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

please contribute to this cause

17. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ken approved my wifes shirt......money sent for all items......awesome!!!! thanks to all invovled!!!!!
    todd

18. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

To everyone involved, thanks for doing this and putting in your time and effort.

Rich, thanks for taking care of everything with this. Even the littlest side project takes up tons of time and effort so thank you for making this happen. Even if its discouraging that not so many people are buying stuff, you made a difference, and thats what counts.

19. I agree ... Marketing 101: Don't piss off any potential customers (or in this case, donors)

That stated, I'm really kinda surprised that the donations to Andy's Memorial Fund seem to just be trickling in ... cuz' last August ... in less than just two days ... 30 or so HAMBers came together to donate over $400.00 towards the purchase of a point & shoot digital camera and/or scanner for (the very deserving) Bruce Lancaster (click HERE).

20. agreed...i.m behind on house payments...slower then shit at a commission shop...takening home 1/3 of what i normally do..kinda like working at McDonalds.....skip a beer at the bar..make that $6+ a pack of smokes last and skip a pack....

tell ya what, i'll pay shipping for the next 5 who send me a pm saying they got $5 for a sticker, or enough for a shirt, or a plaque, but not the $5 for the shipping...i don't get 5 private messages by tomorrow morn, then i'll post this same thing on the main board...figure that will test the skipping the sticky theory.....yeah that's another plaque or shirt i could buy with that $25...but maybe this might get more then a few stickers ordered,,,,we'll see.......

21. yeah i throw into the pot for the cam too......but money was a bit better then,,,

22. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

orig posted by TopolinoKid: "tell ya what, i'll pay shipping for the next 5 who send me a pm saying they got $5 for a sticker, or enough for a shirt, or a plaque, but not the $5 for the shipping...i don't get 5 private messages by tomorrow morn, then i'll post this same thing on the main board...figure that will test the skipping the sticky theory.....yeah that's another plaque or shirt i could buy with that $25...but maybe this might get more then a few stickers ordered,,,,we'll see.......[/QUOTE]

I'll match that. You pay Rich for the decals/plaque/shirt, I'll pay Rich for the shipping.

23. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Check in mail today for tee shirt and decals.
    Don't need help on the shipping...
    Glad to help.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  24. Low-Blow

Low-Blow

I am new to this forum (just check out the number of posts)!! But, what you are doing here is a good thing. I just sent money, via Paypal, for a T-Shirt. I appreciate the other offers to handle shipping, but I covered that as well. Hopefully that will allow one more person to chip in. It is a pleasure to donate to a just cause.

25. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

theres not need to test the skipping sticky "theory"...if youve been here long enough youll see thats just what happens....wait till ryan post one about new stuff for sale..then watch all the folks a month later sayin "where did you get that shirt, hat, yadda yadda.....when it was a sticky for a month!!!!
    very cool of ya to do this shippin thing btw!!!:cool:

27. RAY With

RAY With

Well I was dragging ass but went to pay pal and sent in my order for T shirts and stickers. Great cause and I hope all members will buy something. I know right now many are without jobs and the economy sucks but by pass a few cool ones and a pack of smokes and eat a hot dog for dinner and your there.

28. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rich just got enought dough to cover another 20 shipments. PM Rich and mention my name. That makes enough for 40 shipments of product.....................

NO EXCUSE !!!

29. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Greg..... thats true art and beautiful..... wow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.