Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nor Cal Swap - Saturday - 8/9/2014 - PICS!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Joker, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

went up to Sacramento, CA for Swap at Sleep Train Arena - rare on a Saturday - to look for parts for my new project, '57 Ranchero - no luck. but, always worth the trip to see parts, rides and friends DSCN9402.JPG DSCN9403.JPG DSCN9404.JPG DSCN9406.JPG DSCN9405.JPG DSCN9407.JPG DSCN9408.JPG DSCN9409.JPG DSCN9410.JPG DSCN9411.JPG DSCN9412.JPG

2. OlAZGuy

OlAZGuy
    from Phoenix

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pics--We went too but didn't find any 40 pts but lots of stuff to look at

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I decided last night to just stay home. the drive is 2 hours up and 2 hours back, and I should be selling stuff rather than buying more.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. AA/FA 701

AA/FA 701
    from Sonora, CA

Guys, REALLY NEED SOME HELP LOCATING "HEMI GUY" FROM SACRAMENTO SWAP MEET AUGUST 9TH 2014!!! I was at this swap today and did some trading with an older guy from MONTANA. I traded him adj 392 hemi rockers and a new set of donovan (knock off) valve covers for what he told me was a Muncie M22 rockcrusher. It was end of the day and nobody had a wrench so i couldnt pop the side cover to make sure what it was, but he assured me it was a rockcrusher because his son built it and told him it was. His son apparently has passed away. What I know about him is he was selling a blue willys flat fender jeep (about a 48 or so) and it was on a car trailer. he sold it to a guy in a white ford diesel. He had a set of chrome 392 valve covers for sale on the hood of his white truck, and was all the way over near the cars for sale. He also had some trick looking upper control arms, and some bare 392 HEMI cylinder heads for sale, along with 2 MUNCI 4 speeds. The one I got turns out it is NOT the rockcrusher!!! he had blue tape on it and a price of 1800.00. And the other was said to be a muncie M20 and he wanted I think 600 or 800 for it. He also mentioned that Gene Adams had tought him alot about doing rocker/shaft/stand rebuilds for 392's aswell as general 392 work. He said he ran his breathers on his valve covers on the ENDS, and they were Jr Thompson breathers. So thats a unique way to run them and somebody would remember this. Said his sons was going to run the rockcrusher in a vette project but he passed away before he got to do it. I gave him a box for the valve covers that has my shipping address aswell as the name of a guy I got a different set of covers from named Fast Eddie out of Illinois. This guy has all white hair, and a pretty good full head of hair, wears glasses, and mentioned hes had 2 back surguries. Said he builds 392s for guys back home in MONTANA and mentioned dealing with Hot Heads, and Gene Adams, and a fast Eddie in Orange county, CA. So he knows many guys in the HEMI circle. Guys I REALLY need to get hold of him if ANYBODY knows him or can put me in contact w him?? I could tell by talking with him hes a damn good guy, and just made a mistake. Hes NOT A CROOK AND DID NOT MEAN TO GIVE ME THE WRONG TRANNY. Hes a man of his word and i know he is. So if I can get in touch with him, I know we can get this deal made right. As it stands im hurtin from the pieces i just gave for a Muncie M20!!!! ANY HELP would be SO APPRECIATED!!! PM me or reply to this post with info please, I can give my cell number to someone to give to him if you dont wanna give his name out? Thats fine with me. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU GUYS!!!

9. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Would you be able to check with the people that ran the registration?

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Some things seemed to be priced reasonably based on your pictures. It would be awesome to have something that close to my area. Thanks for posting.

11. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

WOW! We don't see a lot of that stuff here on the eastcoast.

12. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Thanks for sharing. I really liked the up close pictures of the for sale signs. Some were very reasonable.

13. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

14. AA/FA 701

AA/FA 701
    from Sonora, CA

well I dont know if i could do that or not, I wouldnt know what to tell them as far as his spot or name. Only that hes from montana which youd think would be helpfull. yea I can try that, but I know they arent gonna give out anyones info. If you guys know or hear of anything PLEASE keep me in mind, I sure appreciate it

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

to get info on seller try sacramentoswapmeet.com for info. the guy that runs it is here on the H.A.M.B. -ol'scrounger or something like that.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  16. AA/FA 701

AA/FA 701
    from Sonora, CA

oh really?!!! RIGHT ON, Ill give that a try right now. Hey I sure appreciate your input. I know if the right guy here sees it hes gonna know who it is and put us in touch. I only did the deal cause ive never owned an M22 and just always wanted one. so seeing all i got was a plain ole M20, was a huge let down. Like I say though, this guy is a damn solid guy and he wasnt trying to burn me, I know that for a fact. So if I can just get the right guy to read my post here I know Ill get in touch with him. And again, he was the guy selling a sorta baby blue flat fendered WILLYS JEEP, about a 1946-48. ANYBODY KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS?? Or by chance know the guy who bought the jeep?? Thanks guys!!!

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

18. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

AA/FA701 Give John Sweeney a call at 916 933-0949 he owns the swap meet and may have your sellers name, John also puts out the "Cruisin'News" each month nice guy................

19. AA/FA 701

AA/FA 701
    from Sonora, CA

Ha, funny thing you say that!! John has already contacted me and is going to get me the info or put us in touch. But he mentioned that security had a problem with "this guy" and they had to report him? So that makes me wonder if its his buddy or someone else, cause the guy i dealt with really seemed like SUCH a good and decnt guy, can see him causin trouble, but hey anythings possible. All I know is its damn nice when guys will get together and help fellow gear heads out!! hahaha!! Id do the same for someone else man, thats why I love this site and the people on it. I need to spend more time here!!!! Actually theres gonna be somethin very special Im gonna be posting about this week!!! Something that Id bet only one guy on this site has. Its an engine, a VERY rare one!! Thanks again

20. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

John--hang in there-best event in the area-don't let a few clowns spoil it

21. AA/FA 701

AA/FA 701
    from Sonora, CA

Ill be calling the number I got "from someone that had it" this morning hoping its the right guy. thanks for all the support guys, much appreciated. keep your fingers crossed!!!

22. AA/FA 701

AA/FA 701
    from Sonora, CA

HOLLY SHIT!!! SUCCESS!!! Well guys, see why we are such a DAMN COOL group of guys?, Cause things like my sitchuation happened, I asked for help from you guys to find a guy whos from montana whos name I didnt know and only based on where he was from, and what he looked like, YOU GUYS MADE IT HAPPEN!!! That was him!!! His name is Mike, and first I want everyone to know and understand this guy did loose his son recently and no man should ever bury his son. And I just spoke with him, and according to him, he JUST buried him yesterday. He is taking care of all his sons estate and affairs, and as I had said that from the few minutes Id met and talked to the guy, he seemed like the kinda guy who would never burn anybody or lie about anything. And thats exactly how he handled this when I told him the muncie was an M20 not a rcokcrusher. In his defense, and what told me without pulling the side cover that it was ok, was the large output shaft and the fine spline input, and drain hole. Of course anything goes cause these things can and have been apart at various times and people swap parts/pieces/and cases. So obviously thats what happened. The tell tale inside was no straighter cut gears and first gear was not 27 tooth, its 25. Rockcrushers only came in ONE gear ratio. So after explaining this to him he said hey Im not out to burn anybody, Im just not that guy and Im happy to swap you back. Also he was still in the Sac area handling his sons affairs, and is going to Turlock swap this sunday where i will meet him and either take additional items to even out the trade, or we will just trade back and be done. But I just wanted to let everyone know, he IS A GOOD MAN, and hes going threw something that I couldnt imagine EVER DOING. So I have nothing but good words for him. Id have been shocked to learn he purposely tried to pawn off an M20 as a rockcrusher. And im glad i was right about him. Weve all dealt with the guys who say "hey a deals a deal, sorry" and he could have done that and hung up, but he didnt. Had I made the same mistake, Id have offered the deal undone same as he did. So once again "THE HAMB" pulls off another miracle!!! Thanks to everyone who took the time to give me what info they had and ultimately gave me his number. Who wishes to remain anonymous!!!

loudbang likes this.
  23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

24. thanks JJ......do you need a seat for the Ranchero ?......

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Thanks for offer but, my Ranchero has a good seat.

26. I didn't even get to walk around much even on Friday night. So I missed a lot of great stuff. Did however sell the 1941 Ford police car that was in the Cruisin News booth.

27. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats on Sale

28. Squablow

Squablow

Great pics, thanks for posting, especially the accompanying price tags. That T coupe and the first A coupe both seem like good deals. But that white steel T roadster with the flathead for $7900? What a steal!

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That T Coupe is familiar...Think it was running around Sac/Citrus Heights when I was there in '70.
    Great price...Looked like lots of deals there, way lower than the last Pomona...

30. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker