Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member in Tennessee build 31 Model A 5 Window Coupe

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rgclouse, Sep 5, 2014.

1. rgclouse

rgclouse

I have been lurking here on the H.A.M.B. since this spring when I stumbled across it while searching for something else. I didn’t have anything relevant to post, so have been silent.

I’m Roland Clouse. I didn’t know I was not going to be able to change my handle once I registered, so I’m RGCLOUSE. Back in the day I was known as “Mouse”.

I was into cars from as far back as I can remember. I started work as a mechanic for an Auto Trill Show the morning after graduating from high school, and worked as a mechanic for the next 5 years before going in the Navy (this was during the Viet Nam era).

I went to school with the son of the Thrill Show owner, and we took his new 1961 Fuelie Corvette to the drag strip and won. We beat another 1961 Fuelie tuned by Grumpy Jenkins and beat them twice. This impressed the Thrill Show owner and he offered me a job. In 1963, we campaigned a 63 Z11 Impala in the winter in Florida.

After the Navy I went into the computer business from which I retired 8 years ago.

I always wanted a Model A Coupe HotRod. A friend in a neighborhood while I was growing up had a channeled Model A roadster with an 1957 Olds J2 engine. I loved that car but was always partial to the coupe.

I now have the Model A Coupe to build (see Avatar). Just picked it up in WI on Weds. A farmer converted it into a pickup which I plan to reverse.