Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Hampshire Monthly Swap meet - Car Corral

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABONES, Mar 31, 2015.

1. This is all I know so far. April 26th 39 Donovan Rd. Candia NH. Keith Blevens 603-235-1639 or Scott Blevens 603-315-8284. 30 bucks for a space to sell your automotive goodies. Lets support these guys and get this thing going. We need a place to go every month.

patmanta likes this.
  2. pitman

pitman

Great spot! And unfortunately Dick (may be their dad, just passed away).
    Never met a more generous mechanic with his time!

3. That is what I heard Pitman.

4. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

5. I'll pass it along.

6. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Great will have to check this out on the 26th. Thanks.

7. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I'll be there!

8. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

short drive for me, hope it works out! Is there a webpage or Facebook link we can spread around?

9. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Turns out they have 60 acres there for the swap meet, if people support it could be an Amherst replacement. Of course the first one, April 26 might find the fields a little soft so I'll probably take OT vehicle. Mapquest says 6 miles from Exit 3 on Rt 101. Sounds like less back roads than Amherst.

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

Allrighty then; time to save up my paper route money. " 54 caddy" already got all my shoveling money!

11. Talked to Keith Blevens this morning. He and his brother will be running this just like Amherst. 60 acres there, should be plenty of room. The only thing pending now is foof. He said the first month or so there will be a catering truck there. Keith will be at Fitchburg passing out flyers. Keith said him and his brother are not internet savay. So lets share the hell out of this!

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

Keep posting and bumping to top- everyone should grab some flyers from them at Fitchburg to pass around elsewhere( if they 're OK with that). I'm behind this 110%!..... Camera 2-20-09 069.jpg Time to clean up the back yard! ( picture of the " Carleton Bates Emporium" , before it disappeared).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    pitman and ABONES like this.
  13. Pete

Pete

Ill be there for sure selling my rusty gold!

14. pitman

pitman

Carleton Bates!!! Our treasurer of good tin!
    (Once went in search of a steering wheel...in the distance what looked like a downed
    Poplar tree w/a 9' base, turned out to be a pile of steering boxes w/wheels!)

15. mike bowling

mike bowling

More shots of " days gone by".Heaven on Earth. Get behind the Swap Meets and protect our right to hoard parts!! What happened to Carleton was nothing short of criminal and total bullshit! Camera 2-20-09 065.jpg Camera 2-20-09 068.jpg Camera 2-20-09 070.jpg

16. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

ah jeez, now I am homesick!! "Junior" Bates, junk man extraordinary!! HoHo always knew your name, treated you fairly and was a great guy. Only people who didn't like him were the Elliot department.

mike bowling likes this.
  17. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

what is it Jimmy Durante used to say, "everybody wants to get into the act!". Well another proclaimed successor to Amherst, this time the dragway.
    11109270_10206684937865197_1447786963708987769_n.jpg

18. mike bowling

mike bowling

DSCN1646.JPG If the Dragway gives reduced prices for the" $$ HOT ROD REUNION$$" in Aug. to vendors at "their " new swap, maybe a consideration? The "Custom Kings" are trying to get one going at the strip too, and there's always been one at the "Nostalgia Drags". Not to be a DICK, but I think I'd rather help the Bleven brothers out with their shot at the title. Think Rocky Balboa vs. Corporate America. There's only so much to spread around without getting anemic, then the lawnmowers and Barbie crap start showing up. ( not that I don't enjoy my Barbies; it's just, you know, different).

19. pitman

pitman

Blevens fer sure!
    Their dad had built the wildest '29 RPU bucket I've ever seen.
    It looked like a Werksman Track 'T', even down to the nitrous bottle! :eek:
    Then there was his '34(?) 4dr all apart in the barn, a resplendent '27 Chev sedan...
    He was the kind of mech, everybody wanted for their neighbor.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    ABONES and mike bowling like this.
  20. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Gotta agree with you pitman, I just posted the dragway poster as I was surprised by it, showed up on Ringreckers facebook page today. Candia is much bigger area, would lend it self to all of what we used to have at Amherst. Prices appear to be the same (vendors $30) and since I was one of the Kustom Kings who put on nostalgia drags in late 80s at NED, I know what Mike Bowling is speaking to with regard to "corporate" issues. With three sites now vying for the title of "new Amherst (Arundel, Candia, NED) there will be a winnowing of the herd this year. Hope the Candia guys get someone social media conversent to make their case. My experience with NED is they don't promote very well. I just tried to make their homepage work and kept getting blank screens.

21. gonzo

gonzo

Great news I hope one of these venues works out and there isn't three competing events the same weekend every month. Keep us posted.

22. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

YES YES YES!!!! i'm just glad we will have a place to replace the place we used to disgrace, rent a space, set the pace, misplace or replace the parts or gear we need for speed or to read. . . ok i'm done- just excited

mike bowling likes this.
  23. let's give the little guys a chance. I'm coming up from Connecticut to support them.

mike bowling likes this.
  24. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Hahaha

25. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

from the Tornados CC home page:

"There's a new monthly swap meet in NH since the tragic ending to the Amherst Auto Flea Market. Anyone who had never been to Amherst would think you were crazy when you told them you were getting up at 5am to go walk around a field of rusty metal. But those who had experienced it knows it was so much more than old rusty junk and crappy coffee. It was a bond of like minded people getting together for the environment, the laughs, and the thrill of the hunt.

Keith and Scott Blevens have stepped up and decided to carry on the tradition. Lets show these guys some support for keeping our hobby alive and carrying on the tradition of waking up at 5am on the last Sunday of every month to poke around a field of car parts. The first swap will be held on April 26th at 39 Donovan Road, Candia NH. Vendor spaces are just 30 bucks to sell your old auto parts. Spread the word!"

Keith Blevens 603-235-1639
    Scott Blevens 603-315-0284

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    pitman likes this.
  26. torredcuda

torredcuda
    from NH

27. torredcuda

torredcuda
    from NH

The dragway swap started last year with a local car club running it so it is not the Dragway itself although they are obviously involved with it. I guess we`ll have to see which one takes off but I also heard a rumor of the Amherst one contining down the street, waiting to hear more details.

28. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

torredcuda, my former club, the Kustom Kings, did a swap meet at NED and they have one scheduled for May 9th at the dragway although it is not getting much coverage with all the rest. They are not involved with the monthly swap meet recently announced by the dragstrip, I am not aware of any club being involved with those. Maybe someone else knows? This is like the old days when car clubs had shows piled one on top of another. Here's what I compiled between now and end of May.

April 12 Arundel, ME swap meet at Motorland on Rt 1
    April 12 Tyrods Swap meet at Stafford Springs
    April 19 Acton, ME swap meet
    April 19 Fitchburg Airport Early Ford V8 swapmeet
    April 26 Candia NH Swap meet
    May 2,3 Mansfield MA Tweeter Center swap meet
    May 3 Lake Compounce, CT CSRA swap meet
    May 9 Kustom Kings swap meet at NED
    May 10 Arundel, ME swap meet at Motorland on Rt 1
    May 17 Acton, ME swap meet
    May 31 Monthly swap meet at NED
    May 31 Candia NH swap meet

29. spiker

spiker

Oh great! 2 swap meets, in the same general area, competing against each other! People trying to decide which one to go to. I've seen this happen with cruise nights, and it usually doesn't end well. Both get hurt and eventually go away. It's too bad one couldn't change to a different weekend.

30. mike bowling

mike bowling

Pick your poison. No contest between Fitchburg and Acton ( sorry, Acton), and if you go to Candia first, you can still go to the Dragway for sloppy seconds! Should still be plenty of stuff for both-Candia draws from Manchester( west and south central), and the Dragway gets the Coastal Crowd ( don't forget your "caramel- almond with a shot of Jack" latte, dahling). Survival of the fittest- let the games begin!