Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need pictures of 1939 Ford Deluxe hood latch spring locations

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sssraj, Apr 16, 2011.

1. sssraj

sssraj

Anyone have a 1939 Deluxe Ford that could post some detailed pictures of the hood latch springs and there location. I'm missing the springs and I do not see where they attach.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

There you go

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  3. sssraj

sssraj

Rod and Wheeler,
    Thank you very much for the picture but I was looking for the hood latch springs. These are the hood arm supports. The hood latch springs are the springs that mount behind the hood ornament and handle up inside the hood.

Thanks again though,
    Bob

4. sssraj

sssraj

I have an early style hood latch from what I'm told. I guess the 1939 deluxe had 2 different latches, an early style with the 2 "thick wire hooks" that latch on either side of the grill support and the late style which has a single center latch in the middle of the grill support.
    I'm still trying to find where the 2 springs attach on the early style.

thanks Bob

Attached Files:

5. sssraj

sssraj

I'm still looking if anyone has a 1939 Ford Deluxe with the early style hood latch that could take some pictures of the hood latch spring locations I would really appreciate it. Thanks

6. hotrod_grmi

hotrod_grmi

Did you find the pictures you were looking for? I too have a 39 deluxe coupe and need pictures to see what is missing for my hood latch. I do not see the 2 springs you are referring to (not there) but think I see where they should be on the cross bar behind the grille and have no idea where they go to the latch. The car was modified some time ago and uses the center latch operated by a Lokar pull release cable kit and has the safety release latch. If you have anything such as pictures, illustration or parts list on the latch I would appreciate hearing from you.
    thanks, Mike

7. cryobug

cryobug

8. Dak Rat

Dak Rat
    from NoDak

Sorry, I don't have the pics you requested, but yes there are two types of hood latch systems for the '39 deluxe. The early version with the two "wires" even uses a different grill cross brace at the top. What this means is that you can not swap parts back and forth without having the matching grille/hood. Dosen't help you much but could save some grief for thoes trying to swap hoods and grilles.