Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help wiring turn signal switch

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62max, Apr 5, 2012.

1. 62max

62max
    from pa

Need help wiring turn signal switch
    <HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5; COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->I have a TB 16-12 switch with eight wires. The blue is to the indicator light but the other seven I can't figure out. Can't find a wiring diagram anywhere only others looking also. Yellow,green, gray, black, red,and two gray/black . I have ohmed and test leads with no luck. There has to be a diagram somewhere. Thanks

2. oj

oj

I would guess that red= right front turn; green= left front turn; gray= left rear/stop; black= rightrear/stop; gray/black is +12v from stop light switch; yellow= +12v from flasher.
    I can't say what the 2nd gray/black is, normally it is blue and it'd also connect to the flasher.

3. squirrel

squirrel

this one?

[​IMG]

I'd check it with an ohm meter to make sure the colors are correct before wiring it up.

4. 62max

62max
    from pa

Thank you, neither works on this one.

5. squirrel

squirrel

You're going to have to ohm it out, or maybe decide your switch is bad and get another one, or open it up and fix it or figure out how it works.

6. 62max

62max
    from pa

Thanks for the help. I have given up on this one. I used an ohm meter and charted all possible combo's and did the same with jumper wires. It looks good inside . I searched the net for a diagram and found others searching also but no diagrams. the signal stat diagrams are not the same. Thanks again.

7. Hi everyone new to this. 1946 dodgepanle. Is want I am working on. 12 v convertion 1 wire alternator. Done all ready.
    Ok i need a wiring diagram for a SAE-Q 1964 TB 16-12 7 wire 3 prong flasher. Please mine has a white wire. no orange or gray wire. But do i need a relay for turn/ brake/running lights. Every thing to work but when I brake and turn both rear blink. Fyi I have both front and rear led 3 wires I am I stalling in it. I don't want extra dual light or 3 eye brake light. I am confused any info would help if possible please . Been months of searching and nothing .

8. squirrel

squirrel

If the switch has 7 wires, then you should not need a relay to use single rear turn/brake bulbs.

But you might need to do some testing of the switch, with an Ohm meter, to figure out which wires are supposed to be connected to which lights, and how it connects to the brake switch and flasher can.

Jacob Katzenberger likes this.
  9. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER