Register now to get rid of these ads!

My wife and her 65 Ford Falcon...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, May 3, 2009.

1. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I found a great Falcon sitting under a carport. It hasn't moved in at least 15 years that I know of. It is a white two door 65 with a full set of Radirs and white lettered Firestone bias-plys. It has the Hi-po, crossed flag emblems on the front fenders. 289, 4-speed. It has Amarillo dragway decals on the back windows from 65-66-67-and 68. bucket seats. Just sits there. I've talked to the guy several times over the years. no go. not for sale.

2. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

Cool car. My wife would love a falcon, but it would have to be an automatic.

3. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

when/where?

4. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

My wifes was a three on the tree but now has an automatic C4 in it.
    I left the pedal setup though as the plan is eventually to go to a 5 speed in it.

5. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Beatnik Blowout is on April 24th @ Seaside Park, Ventura County Fairgrounds. Gambino Kustoms started a thread on it. It used to be "Back to the Beach". Same people that bring you the "Primer Nationals". Great show, bands and pin-ups..........:D

6. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

damn, My wife has a home roller derby bout that day or we would have gone for sure.

7. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

good post w/ great pix.

8. davis574ord

davis574ord

What a lucky sum bitch' love the four spoke cragers dude! Nice ride i really dig falcons, my first car!, a 64 2-door waon wish i still had it!

9. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

As of this last weekend the 5 lug conversion is finally done so the 4 spoke cragar are off and the five lug cragar are on the car. We put in a 8" in the rear and then The guys at Cartwright automotive in Lamont, CA put on the front end parts I had bought cheaper than I could have done it myself.
    If there ever was a shop I trust it is those guys! Since the car is my wifes daily driver I could not have it down for how long I would of taken to swap out the front.

It is like a different car now. All that is left to do is put in a power booster/ drum-drum dual master cylinder and AC/heater setup.